Home The Bridge

How many schematics and crew should you get in portal 10 pull?

Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in The Bridge
Portal pulls are mainly for crew, not schematics. Whenever someone does a portal pull, they are looking for those sweet sweet 4* and 5* crew cuties. Schematics are okay, but for most, they are treated as filler.

Ideally, I think there should be max 5 schematic pulls and max 10 crew pull. That way you can get a mixed bag such as 5 schems/5 crew, 3 schems/7 crew, or even 0 schems/10 crew. But schematics should never exceed the amount of crew in a portal pull.

And yet...

2sgugnylnirc.png

I have had a few pulls like this. If I knew I was going to get 80% schematics, I wouldn't bother making that pull. Does anyone else feel this way? It is just absurdly annoying.
Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• Absolutely agree, 50% should be the absolute max and really 2 slots is plenty
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know I was one who wanted the replicator fuel. But that was before voyages.

I totally agree make it all crew. But wait I do not mind getting the new ship schematics. Limit it to 4 or 5 max.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    3* vs schematics, it's all filler. The packs only guarantee a single 4* or better. Anything you get beyond that is gravy.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only upside is that some more ships have finally entered general circulation in the last couple months, so at least I can use some of those schematics for something other than replicator fuel. (Emphasis "some".) I've already immortalized all the 3*'s in the game, so I technically come out farther ahead if I get some of those schematics for ships I haven't yet maxed. However, those are so sporadic that I think I'd just as soon get crew I can cash in for Honor and take my chances with the schematics dropping from Dabo or the Arena.
  • It's Schems for the replicator or 3*'s for the honour farm. Either way 90% of the pack is going to the garbage, it doesn't really matter which one.
  • there should be NO schematics in crew pack at all.

there should be separate schematic packs but no one really wants to buy them
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Red Sonja wrote: »
    It's Schems for the replicator or 3*'s for the honour farm. Either way 90% of the pack is going to the garbage, it doesn't really matter which one.

Except voyages supply enough replicator rations that I haven't used ship schems for fuel in ages. Personally I'd much rather have the honor either way.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except voyages supply enough replicator rations that I haven't used ship schems for fuel in ages. Personally I'd much rather have the honor either way.

Same for me - ever since voyages, I haven't used anything but replication rations for replicating. Ooh, one exception. I deliberately used a 5* threshold item because I forgot it was coming at 150K and once I FF'd the crew at 120K I also went ahead and FE'd them. Don't remember which one - just remember the "should'a had a V8" head-smack I gave myself. :s
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use superfluous schematics for replicator fuel before I dip into my rations. It's not like I'm gonna build an armada of D'Kora Kraytons. Since rations have a higher exchange value, I prefer to hold onto those in case I get into a situation where I want to replicate a 5* item.
  • I use superfluous schematics for replicator fuel before I dip into my rations. It's not like I'm gonna build an armada of D'Kora Kraytons. Since rations have a higher exchange value, I prefer to hold onto those in case I get into a situation where I want to replicate a 5* item.

Same...i still would like to have a maximum of 3 slots ship schematics...which rarely occurrs like a legendary behold!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use superfluous schematics for replicator fuel before I dip into my rations. It's not like I'm gonna build an armada of D'Kora Kraytons. Since rations have a higher exchange value, I prefer to hold onto those in case I get into a situation where I want to replicate a 5* item.

I don’t think I ever spent more than 25ish purple rep rats on any of the handful of 5* items I have replicated. Since I have 1637 of them I would run out of cash long before rations.
  • It should be all crew.
    i don't want any of the schematics that are offered. Only ones i need are not in there.