Home The Bridge

Skirmish tactics

DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
I do think Db did do a good job of making the actual skirmish battles a bit more challenging.

That Tong on the first battle is pretty tanky! I kind of wonder what tactics people are using, I know that alot of people rely on Killy and Tkuma etc for the instant damage, but anyone have other suggestions for people who do not have those?

Also I have fleet-mates who are fairly new, and they do not have maxed ships yet, is it even possible to win these without that? Must be a difficult balancing act to make the battles challenging enough for vets, but even possible for newer players.

Figured Id bring up a subject that is a little less drama lol

Comments

• Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about lower level ships, but mine is maxed and in the three skirmish events I have yet to lose a battle.
  • I'm not sure about lower level ships, but mine is maxed and in the three skirmish events I have yet to lose a battle.

Same, but it also helps to have ff legendary crew, without them, id have no chance!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a couple ship event packs, lucked into a maxed out 2 star Jem'Hadar Battleship, popped a Supply Kit, farmed the ever-living-BLEEP out of "Not a Drop to Drink" for the chance at science experiments for later use by burning several thousand chronitons, and then just cruised through the lower tier, using event crew to get max bonuses. Hit top threshold in about three hours and finished with nearly 100 science experiments!

Not sure if that was what you were asking, but hopefully this post contributes positively to your thread :)
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Based on what Ive seen, the lower tier definitely seems the best bet for newer players, cause my friend tried elite, with a level 6 Bounty and got crushed.

Who do you guys feel are good officers to use? that might help people out as well. Thanks for the feedback;)
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never lost a skirmish, I often finish the fifth without scratching the hull. I only get the hull scratched when I am distracted.

The main tactic worth considering is how much damage your ship will take in the next battle. If a player is not going to win, even with a hull repair, it is not worth repairing the hull.

I have not run the numbers, but the bonus reward sometimes gives chrons and intel, meaning more skirmishes can be started. If a player can consistently beat battle 4, but normally fails battle 5, then take the bonus for 4 rather than the hull repair.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went with a double-barreled Dukat attack; Breen Disguise Dukat for the damage boost and Dominion Dukat for the event bonus, attack boost, and increased attack speed.
  • This is my lineup
    Goran'Agar for the boost to vp, FF muskateer la forge for his accuracy and shield boost, plus phlox and burnham for the dmg output, then i use the ship abilities for dmg and repairing my hull (not in this order)
    78gv9xyr12d6.png

• DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Very Nice Jil

This is mine, its cliche but I rely heavy on burst damage!

hg4d4y2sbaaa.png
  • Very Nice Jil

hg4d4y2sbaaa.png

Thank you, yours is also a supurb setup! I guess since we are on better terms now (:wink:) that i can ask you to please call me JL, i always felt weird with people using the acronym of my name (JiL) and since im not female calling me JiL, you get the drift... please and thank you in advance!
  • HMS Bounty: break cloak with Klaa's massive attack boost, fire Mirror Phlox and Killy. Use Yelgrun's evasion in the meanwhile.
    Join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Server:
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my config for main account. notice 1F Killy and FFFE T'Mir but do have 4FFE Captain Scott also have the choice of using FFFE Mirror Spock.
    Event crew does not matter. I have used Yelgrun instead of Agar.
    8pdgxq4ac3lh.png
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Here is my second account. This one uses FFFE Noah. Again 1F Killy.
    Keep in mind both accounts have fully leveled T'Ong.
    iatjx4y8k772.png

Event crew does not matter have used Yelgrun and Agar too.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This is my opinion. Ideally I would like to boost attack and accuracy before instant damage ability crew. Why I believe the current attack and accuracy is used for the instant damage not the crew who has the instant damage ability.

I have also observed more damage if I have a attack boost before T'Kuvma then just T'Kuvma attack by himself.

Notice my second account I wait until both T'Mir and Noah are ready to use. Then start with Noah followed by T'Mir, this gives T'Mir just an accuracy boost. But immediately when Killy is ready I hit her. She will get both Noah's and T'Mirs boost. If I delay using Noah and T'Mir I can also get their boost for T'Ongs instant damage. Only a few battles last long after that . But I have had the first battle knock down my hull to half. Nice to have the T'Ongs Hull repair ability too.

Never lost a battle either account any skirmish.
    But my second account with Noah is the first time I used it. I was using a 1F Mirror Spock before.

Edit: the Noah crew setup seemed to be a better setup when I first started using it. Today it looks worse then my old one. Not sure if anything changed or if it just RNG.

Edit2: the Noah combo is blowing them up quickly. I just switched to activating as soon as they are ready. No playing around with delaying.

Still RNG can be against you in some battles go a little longer, first and 5th.
    Also if Killy is blocked by cloak on the others might take longer.
    But it looks like delaying activating was wrong. As soon as Noah is ready click on him, then T'Mir when she is ready, Killy, and then if necessary T'Ong accuracy instant attack. If battle is not over try to time hull repair ability before destroying other ship
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t really changed tactics since the first Skirmish event.

-Borg cube
    -2/5* Killy, 1/5* Locutus, 4/4* Valeris, event crew (this time it is a 4/4* Goran’Agar)
    -activate Locutus immediately, wait to activate Valeris until Killy and the cutting beam are ready, activate all three; if necessary, activate Goran’Agar alongside the Borg Adaptation hull repair ship ability

Given that the first battle in this phase tends to run long even with Killy and the laser cutting beam, I start the next two battles by popping Locutus alongside Borg Adaptation to avoid having to make use of hull repair between battles.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dirk Gunderson

Good point I have never used the in between hull repair. I always grab the loot.
  • This is the lineup I am using. Initially had Darth Bashir in there for hull repair; but replaced him with Chaotica as he was not really needed and Chaotica is useful in case cutting beam/Killy/T’kumva combo is not enough to get the job done.

v52p11cs3qp6.png
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's mine, just in case anyone else (like me) doesn't really get the finer details of ship battles, and just wants one dumb trick that works every time once everyone's levelled up enough...

HMS Bounty
    T'Kuvma, Mirror Spock, Professor Scott, Mirror Phlox
    (replace whoever needs replacing with an event character - in this case, Goran'agar's keeping T'Kuvma's seat warm)

Hit the red attack thingy (hey, I told you I'm not up on the fine details) on the far left right at the start, cloak when it becomes available, wait out the cloak (while the red thingy recharges, and everyone else becomes available), then fire everything all at once when the cloak drops. Repeat as needed - past events there have been a couple of enemies who've needed a second round of pummeling, but this event it's been five massacres in a row.
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve barely taken any hull damage using:

Level 10 HMS Bounty

4/4 tactical Michael Burnham
    1/5 Chaotica
    1/3 Mirror Smiley O’Brien
    1/4 Waitress Ezri

You don’t need the strongest crew to win!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    One thing it looks like none of us are using the ships that do not drop in a DABO

Also I think you can be just as successful with the ISS enterprise NCC-1701 no bloody oops.😉

Forgot to mention the video using the D'Kora Krayton he was highly successful too.

I gave all the original ships a try in my main account. The worst is the Prakesh I still won but I thought I might lose.

I tried NX-01 and ISS Enterprise with my same crew and they almost seem better than the T'Ong but occasionally some battles are tougher than the tough battles with T'Ong. Pain in th butt that i have to reselect crew when I change ship.
  • Ocie DenverOcie Denver ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I used the tactic I developed to gain more points per run in order to collect all rewards in short time:

Ship: IKS T'Ong lvl 9/9

CMD: T'Mir 4/4 lvl 100
    SEC: Mirror Phlox 4/4 lvl 100
    DIP: Undercover O'Brien 4/4 lvl 100
    ENG: Ru'afo 3/5 lvl 100

You will get two to three crew to give bonus each battle.

Tactic: Wait until you can activate cloak ability. After cloak deactivated, hit all abilities but hull repair from right to left. It may give you a KO hit on enemy ship if luck. If not, let your ship do rest until you able to do another hit again. Save the hull repair ability until it's needed or counter the enemy boarding ability. Sometime 1st and 5th ships will survive the assault but will have low hull left enough to finish off before they get to your hull.

With the loadout, it will fetch you 5,600 points per 1,200 tokens on Epic mode.

1st Battle: 1000 pts
    2nd Battle: 1000 pts
    3rd Battle: 1000 pts
    4th Battle: 850 pts
    5th Battle: 1750 pts

I hope this tactic may help lot.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get 6000 pts per skirmish, and each battle lasts 7-9 secs. I do not want to divulge who I use, but it works.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Very Nice Jil

hg4d4y2sbaaa.png

Thank you, yours is also a supurb setup! I guess since we are on better terms now (:wink:) that i can ask you to please call me JL, i always felt weird with people using the acronym of my name (JiL) and since im not female calling me JiL, you get the drift... please and thank you in advance!

Np JL;) I completely understand, and glad that we put our misunderstanding behind us, always good to learn and grow and move ever forward.
  • Very Nice Jil

hg4d4y2sbaaa.png

Np JL;) I completely understand, and glad that we put our misunderstanding behind us, always good to learn and grow and move ever forward.

Quite right! Glad we are friends now :smiley:
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using the D'Kora. Hit Ardra and Killy at 6 secs, burst damage again with ship ability, hull repair if needed. If opponet still alive Ruf'Alo comes up as Killy wears off and runs through the rest of Ardra. First Gorangar will take over if opponet is still hanging in there, but mainly along for his traits.
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    My crew isn't that spectacular so if I want to win the epic skirmishes I have to put in a bit of time and use hull repair a few times. However, I can cruise through elite without a problem with this lineup:

9/9 Romulan D'deridex Warbird
    4/4 Diseased Founder (lvl 80)
    4/4 Undercover O'Brien (lvl 40)
    1/5 Rura Penthe Kirk (lvl 60)

I wait six seconds, do beep-beep-beep on my crew and then one more beep on the plasma torpedo and the battle is over. Works for all five stages for me, saves me a lot of time and I'm able to claim all the bonus rewards instead of forfeiting them to repair the hull.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    T'Ong (isn't maxed yet but only have 1 5* ship maxed and I have a soft spot for the T'Ong in skirmish.)

I use Killy, Yar, Bell Riots Bashir and Goran'Agar. Job done. First skirmish i could start at epic and stay there.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borg cube - highest hull I have.
    +Hull repair (use for free).
    Tkuvma, Enemy lines Sisko, Suus Maana Sarek (375%, 400%, 400% bursts) + ship burst.
    First Goran'agar (X2 VP).

Never lost a battle, never used the round-to-round heal, always got max VP
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Krayton - best Ship for Skrimishes imho because of hull repair and electromagnetic pulse
    TKumquat, Goran Agar, Locutus, Suus Mahna Sarek.
    It's a breeze.
  • I have only been doing epic in this event and use the following (getting max vp on each battle)

Borg Cube
    Polywater Yar
    Captain Killy (only 2 stars)
    Mirror Phlox
    Yulgrun (or whatever the new corta name is)

Of those 4 only Polywater Yar is immortalsied

The order I use the crew is Killy, Yulgrun, Yar and only if needed Phlox
  • Bounty

event crew in first slot for max bonus points, works better if he has an attack boost
    Chaotica
    Undercover O'Brien
    Mirror Phlox