Home The Bridge

People keep discussing "Compensation" because of game changes.....

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
Most every game has a part in the Terms Of Service {TOS} that covers the developers/owners have the right to change anything they want any time they want. The Disruptor beam lawyers would be poor lawyers indeed if the Star trek Timelines TOS does not include such a disclaimer.....

Just saying.

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    The customer is always right wrong.

Not always, but usually. And I'd wager that those who disagree have likely never worked in customer service. Every company certainly legitimately screws up, some more than others, but in terms of sheer volume, most interactions in customer service tend to stem from some sort of error on the customer's side.

That said, DB is clearly setting out to be the exception to this rule.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I think Scott is conflating the different kinds of compensation that are out there.

Sure, there is the kind of compensation that is grabbed at by morally-questionable individuals, looking to profit from an honest mistake or oversight.

But if a restaurant is out of French fries, they can offer a customer fried potatoes as compensation instead. That's quite literally a form of compensation, whether Scott is aware of it or not.

In this situation, a useful Legendary was removed from my crew. Of course I expect DB to offer a similar useful Legendary or some other equivalent instead, to replace what they originally said they would provide but later, after I had paid, found they could not.

I'm pleased they haven't done so immediately, too. I don't want them throwing out legendary characters and citations to any whiny crybaby who can fill out a support form. They're being thorough, and we just have to wait a little longer for a fair fix.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    I think Scott is conflating the different kinds of compensation that are out there.

Sure, there is the kind of compensation that is grabbed at by morally-questionable individuals, looking to profit from an honest mistake or oversight.

But if a restaurant is out of French fries, they can offer a customer fried potatoes as compensation instead. That's quite literally a form of compensation, whether Scott is aware of it or not.

In this situation, a useful Legendary was removed from my crew. Of course I expect DB to offer a similar useful Legendary or some other equivalent instead, to replace what they originally said they would provide but later, after I had paid, found they could not.

I'm pleased they haven't done so immediately, too. I don't want them throwing out legendary characters and citations to any whiny crybaby who can fill out a support form. They're being thorough, and we just have to wait a little longer for a fair fix.

My apologies. I truly did not know they actually deleted Crew from peoples' account.s No wonder everyone is mad!!!!!!

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

My apologies. I truly did not know they actually deleted Crew from peoples' account.s No wonder everyone is mad!!!!!!

Scott

Ah, you didn't have her? That explains why you don't seem to understand.

Yes, I had a crew member called "Polywater Yar" with a decent Arena ability in my crew. Then there was a forced client update. After I got back into the game, that crew member was gone.

Scott
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott

Yes, I had a crew member called "Polywater Yar" with a decent Arena ability in my crew. Then there was a forced client update. After I got back into the game, that crew member was gone.

Scott

Wait, are you Jim or Scott? I am confused....

Scott

Scott

Wait, are you Jim or Scott? I am confused....

I was just trying to redress the balance, as they missed a "Scott" on their second comment.

I'm not sure why the "Scott"s are necessary at all, but I prefer consistency! o:)
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

They’ve been doing that since the game launched. Even though you purchased crew with money, they delete them from your account in seven days once you are over their arbitrary crew slot limit.

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

They’ve been doing that since the game launched. Even though you purchased crew with money, they delete them from your account in seven days once you are over their arbitrary crew slot limit.

Well, Kinda hate to sound kinda harsh here, but why would you buy Crew instead of Crew Slots if you didn't have Slots for the Crew you are buying?
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s not really the point

Well, Kinda hate to sound kinda harsh here, but why would you buy Crew instead of Crew Slots if you didn't have Slots for the Crew you are buying?

Whether you would or wouldn’t is beside the point. Just pointing out that they have been doing that since the beginning of time ( gametime)
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

The crew slot limit is not arbitrary.
    1. Crew size is a monetized portion of the game. You pay for the privilege of being able to hold a larger crew
    2. The game has performance issues as you get a progressively larger crew. The little Green/Yellow icons that show up on the "possible drop" screens are populated by scanning your current crew's available equipment slots and marking what is usable. A larger crew makes this operation (and probably others) progressively more difficult
  • EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    Most every game has a part in the Terms Of Service {TOS} that covers the developers/owners have the right to change anything they want any time they want. The Disruptor beam lawyers would be poor lawyers indeed if the Star trek Timelines TOS does not include such a disclaimer.....

Just saying.

Scott

However If what they did was illegal, no matter what the TOS say, you can't consent to a crime.

I am not saying that that is the case or that DB did anything wrong and I am certainly not a legal expert however that is what people are alleging.

If it was an honest mistake, then they should make it right... on the other hand, if they knowingly defrauded their costumers then they should keep their mouth shut and let their lawyers handle it.
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Theres a hard over-reaction to this whole Polywater Yar thing.
  • Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Naive question here, but isn't "bait-&-switch" (willful or otherwise) illegal in most countries, especially when money is involved?

In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I am affected. Ive been playing for years and have been affected numerous times by nonsense. Ive felt cheated

Actually I came in at rank 627, I didnt use dil but boosts and a bunch of my time. I have her. Was I disapointed at the nerf? Yea. Do video games nerf OP characters all the time? Yes. I was a very vocal voice when the Cryus Redblock issue happened. Ive been hit hard more than a few times on my “hard earned dollars”

I get the frustration, but there’s people going way out there. If you are the kind if player paying to rank high enough and get multiple copies of her, are you really upset that her arena abilities changed? Was a OP Ploywater Yar really going to make the difference to your bridge crew? Mirror Picard was a royal screw up, the response was frustrating. DB makes mistakes and their responses cause justified frustration.

I really do understand the frustration and anger, but DB’s job is to balance this things out. Sometime mistakes get made. How many out there went for Yar because of her abilities? How many are just out to get every 5 star?
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    All I can say those that think that this Polywater thing is not that big a deal. Have not pushed themselves to rank as high as they could in an event.

I have not pushed myself as far as I could in an event by choice. Given the right event and circumstances, I could push for top 25.
    That's not to say that I haven't worked hard for an event.

Something I did not see in your post was the reason you pushed so hard for Yar. Did you try because of her strong ship ability? Obviously it wasn't for her base or prof stats. Or did you really want the character?

I guess the reason why I and others are in disbelief at this strong reaction is that we perceive the ship ability as worthless. The Arena is only for bragging rights, and for those who have spent a lot of money to get FF 5*s. Skirmish battles can be won with 4*s and 1/5s, and having 5/5 event crew is worth the same as a 4/4 event. Of course, if you want to have a strong ship crew, then that is your choice. It is just perplexing to us.

My reaction to the news was "Meh." I don't have a Yar, so it doesn't mean as much to me. I also don't care about ship abilities. I was upset at the Cyrus Redblock base stat nerf, even though I didn't have him, because it changed him from the best 4* Cmd stat to someone completely skippable.

You do have a right to be upset.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am affected. Ive been playing for years and have been affected numerous times by nonsense. Ive felt cheated

Actually I came in at rank 627, I didnt use dil but boosts and a bunch of my time. I have her. Was I disapointed at the nerf? Yea. Do video games nerf OP characters all the time? Yes. I was a very vocal voice when the Cryus Redblock issue happened. Ive been hit hard more than a few times on my “hard earned dollars”

I get the frustration, but there’s people going way out there. If you are the kind if player paying to rank high enough and get multiple copies of her, are you really upset that her arena abilities changed? Was a OP Ploywater Yar really going to make the difference to your bridge crew? Mirror Picard was a royal screw up, the response was frustrating. DB makes mistakes and their responses cause justified frustration.

I really do understand the frustration and anger, but DB’s job is to balance this things out. Sometime mistakes get made. How many out there went for Yar because of her abilities? How many are just out to get every 5 star?

I have no problem with Polywater Yar being banned from arena.
    But why wasn't the Borg Sphere when it was introduced.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Ikrit wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    All I can say those that think that this Polywater thing is not that big a deal. Have not pushed themselves to rank as high as they could in an event.

I have not pushed myself as far as I could in an event by choice. Given the right event and circumstances, I could push for top 25.
    That's not to say that I haven't worked hard for an event.

Something I did not see in your post was the reason you pushed so hard for Yar. Did you try because of her strong ship ability? Obviously it wasn't for her base or prof stats. Or did you really want the character?

I guess the reason why I and others are in disbelief at this strong reaction is that we perceive the ship ability as worthless. The Arena is only for bragging rights, and for those who have spent a lot of money to get FF 5*s. Skirmish battles can be won with 4*s and 1/5s, and having 5/5 event crew is worth the same as a 4/4 event. Of course, if you want to have a strong ship crew, then that is your choice. It is just perplexing to us.

My reaction to the news was "Meh." I don't have a Yar, so it doesn't mean as much to me. I also don't care about ship abilities. I was upset at the Cyrus Redblock base stat nerf, even though I didn't have him, because it changed him from the best 4* Cmd stat to someone completely skippable.

You do have a right to be upset.

I wanted her for skirmish. I was taking 14 seconds in battles with her in arena.
    I win almost all the time with my HMS Bounty crew I do not need her for arena.

How many times do I have to say I WANTED POLYWATER FOR SKIRMISH.
    This screenshot was taken Thursday 12:43 pm CST just before rewards schematics.
    My second account is Crusoe I use the same crew on both ships only difference is Seven of Nine on my second account is 3FFE on my main 4FFE.
    Other crew are FFFE Captain Klaa, FFFE T'Kuvma, and FFFE Undercover O'Brien.
    kxnnzcrt0osi.png

The only reason I fought to number one. Is everyone saying a got her for arena.
    I do not need the schematics or credits I thought I would just stay below the threshold and wait for schematics I could use to level a ship.

And I am in the process of doing it again.
    WaldoMag No 1. So much for that. I probably have been beaten already.
    qmjmwce2uaw2.png