Home The Bridge

Who else is thinking about leaving this game after the mega event?

S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am seriously thinking about leaving this game after this mega-event is over.
I am VIP level 7 or 8 (I am not sure because I am not logged atm) so I have spent a decent amount of € on it.

But this game is becoming more and more tedious and that DB excuse for Rua'fo in the skirmish is a shameful one.
So they don't have testers and they didn't recognize that event crew is giving us bonuses every time?

I think that they nerfed the skirmish event because I am getting a hell less chronos than before and with that nerfing, they screwed up with the Event crew and now they shoehorn that stupid excuse instead of providing some compensation to us.

And the game is actually more and more boring when you are playing it for some time. I have a good crew in every field and I don't really care about the new crew.
It should be called Pokemon Star Trek.

Comments

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer your heading question, it looks like it is just you.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sticking it out for that new brand new Jean-Luc Picard we got comin' in about 8 months...
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure if I will quit. I just wanted to hear other people's opinion before making any decision. And why am I waiting for the next event?

Because I am a sucker for DS9 and Dominion. DB gives us Sisko - I pay money to get him and even get in top 1000 for another star.
    DB gives us Vreenak - I pay for him.

And I just can't help when it comes to DS9, half of my crew slots are occupied with unfinished Jadzias, Ezris, Odos, O'Briens, Martok, Weyoun, Bashirs, Garaks, Dukats, Quarks, Eddington, Gowrons, Damar etc.
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I thought this event was better than the DS9 Augment Mega. This week’s 5 star is a huge miss and someone better used for a Tuesday best chance pack. We should have gotten a Weyoun. Ross was a huge pickup for me.

DB needs to up their customer outreach. We the players should get more perks and opportunities for sweet crew. Half off dabo, discounted packs, crew offers like the Daystrom and Agent Janeway.

How about something past VIP 14 already?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would take more than just that to get me to quit. I’m glad they nerfed Yar. Arena was awful until they did
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Would take more than just that to get me to quit. I’m glad they nerfed Yar. Arena was awful until they did

So you are one that thought it is important to get the top rank for schematics.
    What did you think when the Borg Sphere came out.
    That was more unbalanced than Polywater.
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Not so much try for the schematics. I have over ten thousand Prakesh schematics. It was just the playability. And I didn’t even notice anything when the Borg Sphere came out.

• TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    I have been thinking about it. Not sure yet
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Not so much try for the schematics. I have over ten thousand Prakesh schematics. It was just the playability. And I didn’t even notice anything when the Borg Sphere came out.
    You didn't notice the top 20 ships all but 1 was Spheres almost constantly.

Sorry, I did not. I don’t look at the rankings or leaderboards for arena. Plus I didn’t notice getting whipped by Borg Spheres in half a second like I did with Yar

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Sorry, I did not. I don’t look at the rankings or leaderboards for arena. Plus I didn’t notice getting whipped by Borg Spheres in half a second like I did with Yar

Did you have a choice to pick someone else.
    Wait a minute you were playing arena trying to win.
    Caught you going after Prakesh schematics.😉

I was going to ask do you have Admiral Janeway. She has early evasion but I can understand not wanting to change your crew.

And you obviously did not attack my Polywater cube. (3FFE Yar, 1F Yar, 3FE Locutus, and FFFE Mirror Spock)

Because you would beat it easily.
    Every ship I attacked survived all the instant damage including the Cubes.
    So on defense, that should mean my Cube would have an Evasion of two for as long as both Polywaters were active. Which should make it a sitting duck.

But it looked pretty good for skirmish, I think the damage I did against arena ships would have translated to destroying the skirmish ships in 6 seconds at most.
    But I will never know☹️

Did you have a choice to pick someone else.
    Wait a minute you were playing arena trying to win.
    Caught you going after Prakesh schematics.😉

I was going to ask do you have Admiral Janeway. She has early evasion but I can understand not wanting to change configuration.

And you obviously did not attack my Polywater cube. Because you would have blown it out of space once you survived their attack which all ships I attacked in arena did do. That was survive the two attacks plus the cubes to make it three. Leaving me at 2 evasion.

But it looked pretty good for skirmish, I think the damage I did against arena ships would have translated to destroying the skirmish ships in 6 seconds at most.
    But I will never know☹️

Now you have me totally lost. Only recently have I ran all ten arena battles. I used to just do one for the credits but I started doing all ten a few days ago because, BRACE YOURSELVES EVERYONE, I joined a fleet and I want to contribute to the space battle achievement. The rest of what you’re saying, I’m not understanding. I don’t think about arena battles in any detail but I do have immortalized Admiral Janeway. I suppose based on what you’re saying I should put her in there to go with my two Captain Killy’s
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Banjo1012
    Yes two Killy's and Janeway would be good . But I do not like changing my crew.
    So it would have to work for all battles. Not sure who you would have dropped out.

By the way I beat a ship with two Killy's. I cloaked for the Killy's and
    T'Kuvma pretty much polished it off. But it took his normal attacks to do it.
    That very well could have been me. D’Kora Krayton? I have switched out Cadet Tilly for Janeway. She came up in a split second in the battle but I feel evasion is a myth. The ship Judy’s sits there and still gets bombarded
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    That very well could have been me. D’Kora Krayton? I have switched out Cadet Tilly for Janeway. She came up in a split second in the battle but I feel evasion is a myth. The ship Judy’s sits there and still gets bombarded

You know I was thinking the same way.

But there have been battles that I thought I would win easily.
    Fly boy Delta Flyer Paris evasion almost nullified all my damage. I looked up and the ship I was battling was almost untouched. Normally they would be destroyed or just a small amount of hull left.

Also I think the Illia Probe gave me problems too.

I was all set to agree with you but fly boy got me on my Crusoe account today.

Really it comes down to RNG deciding whether you hit or not.
    But it does seem with the above two, evasion plays a role.

I do ship battles in arena for daily achievement except during skirmishes.
    But I now have stopped trying to get the 700 away mission achievement in fleet.
    So I always get the 100 space battles for fleet. So I do need the arena battles for that now.

I do not think it was a D'Kora I beat. I think it was T'Ong

You know I was thinking the same way.

But there have been battles that I thought I would win easily.
    Fly boy Delta Flyer Paris evasion almost nullified all my damage. I looked up and the ship I was battling was almost untouched. Normally they would be destroyed or just a small amount of hull left.

Also I think the Illia Probe gave me problems too.

I was all set to agree with you but fly boy got me on my Crusoe account today.

Really it comes down to RNG deciding whether you hit or not.
    But it does seem with the above two, evasion plays a role.

Against you is a whole different matter than for you.

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    @Banjo1012
    Good point. I could never tell you if evasion helped me or not. But there are times when I have one Killy against me and she misses on her attack. So maybe?

With one Killy, I do not cloak. I just take the hit. Main reason they usually have Mirror Phlox or Dr Chaotica or Wrathful Khan.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRACE YOURSELVES EVERYONE, I joined a fleet

I just about had a heart attack.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I did not have a heart attack. Because I thought he might have after the Bro fleet.

I did not have a heart attack. Because I thought he might have after the Bro fleet.

I did because at this point I was just collecting and saving resources for events, and even then for every maybe three or four events due to my pickiness in crew. I needed something new to reinvigorate me towards the game so I went for it.

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

I did because at this point I was just collecting and saving resources for events, and even then for every maybe three or four events due to my pickiness in crew. I needed something new to reinvigorate me towards the game so I went for it.

I am lucky if i can find crew that I want to go after.
    Thought I found one with Polywater for skirmishes.
    But after nerf she does not make my crew.
    And after this and my other experience I doubt I will ever try for too 25 again.

I went for top 25 with the triple hybrid. I was not planning on doing that but I got a Augment O'Brien in the free event pack.
    I gotta to tell you after that event instead of feeling lucky on getting O'Brien I felt like I was unlucky.

Now this with Polywater. I felt like four days of my life was taken from me. Never again. Top 1000 I am fine.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not quitting but the game has become a bit stale. I was very disappointed with Erin's message to the players in which we were given little to be excited about and few changes that we asked for. I hope DB finds a way to make the game more fun.
    Let’s fly!

And after this and my other experience I doubt I will ever try for too 25 again.

I went for top 25 with the triple hybrid. I was not planning on doing that but I got a Augment O'Brien in the free event pack.
    I gotta to tell you after that event instead of feeling lucky on getting O'Brien I felt like I was unlucky.

Now this with Polywater. I felt like four days of my life was taken from me. Never again. Top 1000 I am fine.

I’m picky about everything in life and of course this is no exception. I was interested in Reverend Phlox but then when I saw he was heavy MED/COM I was VERY interested. Got three from the $100 offer so I was hoping for a top 15 finish. Currently I sit at 50 so looks like I gotta DYC come Monday morning to immortalize him. $125 for 5 stars. Man that’s a lot.

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

hxRrLFx.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

I’m picky about everything in life and of course this is no exception. I was interested in Reverend Phlox but then when I saw he was heavy MED/COM I was VERY interested. Got three from the $100 offer so I was hoping for a top 15 finish. Currently I sit at 50 so looks like I gotta DYC come Monday morning to immortalize him. $125 for 5 stars. Man that’s a lot.

When they put up the Gary Seven Packs I did something I had not done in ages, bought packs with dil. I ended up opening 7 packs and got two Barclays, my first Admiral Janeway , and my first Nyota Uhura. 7 packs four legendaries pretty good. The next day before I found out about Polywater, on my Crusoe account I went for the event packs opened up three and got Agar(airlocked all) opened one more pack and it had two Reverend Phlox's. I was entering data on wiki when I found out about Polywater. Boy was that a downer.

I too was pleased to see the MED/CMD combo on Phlox.
    playing two accounts and getting them in top 1000, cannot make top 50 in skirmishes. I have noticed in previous skirmishes if I add them both together I would.

When they put up the Gary Seven Packs I did something I had not done in ages, bought packs with dil. I ended up opening 7 packs and got two Barclays, my first Admiral Janeway , and my first Nyota Uhura. 7 packs four legendaries pretty good. The next day before I found out about Polywater, on my Crusoe account I went for the event packs opened up three and got Agar(airlocked all) opened one more pack and it had two Reverend Phlox's. I was entering data on wiki when I found out about Polywater. Boy was that a downer.

I too was pleased to see the MED/CMD combo on Phlox.
    playing two accounts and getting them in top 1000, cannot make top 50 in skirmishes. I have noticed in previous skirmishes if I add them both together I would.

I always wondered why people have more than one account. Wouldn’t you want to put everything you have into one?
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I've thought about leaving a few times, probably more so this week then any other, considering how poorly things have been handled. However, I still enjoy the game, and just because it isn't run well, doesn't mean I'm going to give up on it. Though given how DB conducts themselves lately, I will probably definitely think twice about spending again;) or be more careful about it.

Yargate was a disappointment for sure, I'm guessing it was for everyone who actually got one ;p fortunately I didn't actually spend cash for her, just dil, and I got other legends in addition to her, so luck was on my side even with the nerf.

If they go through with making Skirmishes completely trait dependent, which they want us to believe was their intention, I probably will just do threshold for it moving forward, unless they also fix and edit the crew selectors, otherwise its virtually unplayable.