Home The Bridge

Last Skirmish event: were the anti-macro popups enabled?

I got up to rank 400 on the first day with various play styles (one round here and there consistent playing for an hour or two). I didn't get a single popup.

The only popups I got were error messages that prevented me from playing for pockets of time bc the game thought I was stuck in a skirmishwjpddv3gxrm5.jpg
c7mevzcktl8j.jpg

Comments

• I did not remember seeing any either!
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished 50 something, never saw one popup
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never saw a pop up since implemented. Could they be targeting suspicious accounts?
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 1 pop up. Played for several hours, earning top 100.

I noticed that the pop up only happened after I’d left the game running in the background (as I do with most apps on my phone, as per the manufacturers advice) for 6hrs or so. As soon as I tried to resume my Skirmish round it popped up.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    175th, no pop-ups. So it was kind of like a "beware of dog" sign on your fence when you don't really have a dog.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 1 pop up. Played for several hours, earning top 100.

I noticed that the pop up only happened after I’d left the game running in the background (as I do with most apps on my phone, as per the manufacturers advice) for 6hrs or so. As soon as I tried to resume my Skirmish round it popped up.

I thought that should have happened to me. With the Polywater thing I have spent a lot of time elsewhere. Leaving ap open way longer than I ever did before.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't get any this time, but definitely saw them in previous events.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I thought that should have happened to me. With the Polywater thing I have spent a lot of time elsewhere. Leaving ap open way longer than I ever did before.

I think that id left the event running mid skirmish round.. ie I’d done at least one battle and left it on the reward claim screen. See screenshot.x5oug726n1yw.png

• [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finished 59, never saw one
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

I think that id left the event running mid skirmish round.. ie I’d done at least one battle and left it on the reward claim screen. See screenshot.x5oug726n1yw.png

That might be it . I always exited when I went elsewhere.

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wondered about that.
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    I got several pop ups during the event. I would sit and play mindlessly while watching a movie, then get a popup. I'm sure it's because I had my crew set to get 6-8 second kills without much thought.
  • Had only one. Happened when I tried to start a skirmish after switching back to the app (it had been in the background for many hours).
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple things, the joke ones came up a couple times for me but not often.

What did happen to me frequently (probably at least 100 times) was the one where if you tap on start skirmish and the engage for the first battle too quickly you get a pop about phase change. Seemed like a strange protection since I would think it penalizes people playing by hand more .

Another thing that happened a lot is I would go to start a new skirmish and no crew/ship would be showing, I’d have to exit the event and re-enter to get my ship and crew back in place. Not sure if that was caused by random taps I made trying to go quickly or a protection.

The final one was my fault, but how I had my hand positioned next to the phone would make me sometimes accidentally brush the x in the upper right, getting a do you want to exit the skirmish message. Probably happened 25+ times.

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    A couple things, the joke ones came up a couple times for me but not often.

What did happen to me frequently (probably at least 100 times) was the one where if you tap on start skirmish and the engage for the first battle too quickly you get a pop about phase change. Seemed like a strange protection since I would think it penalizes people playing by hand more .

Another thing that happened a lot is I would go to start a new skirmish and no crew/ship would be showing, I’d have to exit the event and re-enter to get my ship and crew back in place. Not sure if that was caused by random taps I made trying to go quickly or a protection.

The final one was my fault, but how I had my hand positioned next to the phone would make me sometimes accidentally brush the x in the upper right, getting a do you want to exit the skirmish message. Probably happened 25+ times.

I got that phase error last time when I clicked to fast getting a second click on it.
    So that was before this new macro thing.

Edit: Ya,hitting that X while you were battling, I only did it once by accident. Almost made the wrong choice.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wife got macro question once between the two of us, both ranked in the 650 range.

Should have been a lot more of them
    And if line to see additional countermeasures added such as randomly between battles, increase and decrease horizonal space between battle buttons.

Maybe even random swaps of vertical position with health bar.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got several pop ups during the event. I would sit and play mindlessly while watching a movie, then get a popup. I'm sure it's because I had my crew set to get 6-8 second kills without much thought.

That's exactly how I played, but I got zero pop-ups (top 30 rank).
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received the pop up just once over the event
  • Didn't get a single one. I got the same error message as OP a couple of times and the phase change one a lot more
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did some pretty constant play for three or four hours. Got one message, right after I'd had to deal with something else and let the screen sit idle for five minutes in one of the mid-skirmish screens between individual battles, but all the time I was just powering through one skirmish after another, nothing. Maybe just coincidence though.
  • I spent some ~500 battles (100 rounds) and that was already about 300mins (2.5-3mins per round).

I don’t know whether I should praise top players hard work to gain ~5-10mil pts or sad that they spent so much time doing all those repetitive battles. Or maybe they are using macros for sure.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent some ~500 battles (100 rounds) and that was already about 300mins (2.5-3mins per round).

I don’t know whether I should praise top players hard work to gain ~5-10mil pts or sad that they spent so much time doing all those repetitive battles. Or maybe they are using macros for sure.

No the top player did not use a macro.
  • I got just over 1,000,000VP and didn't get a single pop-up.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never saw a pop-up either, from start (VP=0) to finish (VP=1.88M). I would use up the intel for 6-7 skirmishes, go farm some ship battles, rinse & repeat. Maybe my erratic tapping did not trigger the anti-macro code. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I think the pop ups seem pretty random, but I leave my computer on and the game running alot, so I think I saw more pop ups from that, maybe it depends how long your online for.
  • WaldoMag wrote: »
    I spent some ~500 battles (100 rounds) and that was already about 300mins (2.5-3mins per round).

No the top player did not use a macro.

So let say to get 1,000,000 pts, you need to do 166 rounds (each round 6000 pts max). let’s ignore the pts reward we can get between ship battles for this computation.

Each round let says take 3 mins... so 166 rounds is about 498 mins or 8.3 hr.

That means to get 5 million points, you need to spend ~40 hrs.
    For 10 million pts, you need 83 hrs (more than 3 days of non stop playing).

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are severely underestimating the max rate you can get points in these events

Here are two screenshots showing a 328k point gain in two hours. At that rate it’s 6.1 hours per million.

While the 164k would be hard to repeat for more than a few hours, 140k-150k per hour for long stretches is not that hard with the right crew (mine was killy, killy, mirror Spock, if a battle took over 7 seconds I messed something up).

27ecdn6sx6gp.jpeg
    e4qw9lcapgs1.jpeg
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think I have seen a single pop up since the week they were released. Even in an event I probably don’t play for more than 30 minutes at a time...perhaps DB scaled back the pop up frequency a little too much after some of the complaints?
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one message, and it was shortly after picking the game up after it had been inactive (but logged in) for a couple hours.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I got just over 1,000,000VP and didn't get a single pop-up.

Exactly the same for me.