Home The Bridge

Last Skirmish event: were the anti-macro popups enabled?

2»

Comments

• Paladin 27 wrote: »
    You are severely underestimating the max rate you can get points in these events

Here are two screenshots showing a 328k point gain in two hours. At that rate it’s 6.1 hours per million.

While the 164k would be hard to repeat for more than a few hours, 140k-150k per hour for long stretches is not that hard with the right crew (mine was killy, killy, mirror Spock, if a battle took over 7 seconds I messed something up).

27ecdn6sx6gp.jpeg
    e4qw9lcapgs1.jpeg

Thanks Paladin. My estimate was prob for average players in general. But of course most average players won’t be able to do what you do :)

So you did 2.4 minute pwe round and with 150k pts per hour:
    1 mil pts would take 6.66hr
    5 mil pts would take 33.3hr
    9 mil pts would take 60hr

That’s still a lot of hours of grinding there.
    But tons of benefit with tons of chrons/honor pts etc
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan took the "pop-up" controller with her on vacation....

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm the anti-macro measures were and continue to be in place. It sounds like a number of you fine folks received said pop-ups.
  • just over 2 million vp and no popups here, havent seen any of those btw not during skirmish before or after
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I received one. Just one. At one point played 10 hours straight.
    So I assume it was botfest 3 for this event.

In other words, Riker, yeah it 'worked'. lol
  • I finished at 247, so I played a fair amount. Not one pop up.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Was ranked #4 and didn't see a pop-up all weekend. (edit: now I remember there may have been one, but I clicked through it as it popped up while collecting the after-battle rewards) Also know of at least a few people who used a macro.

Btw, is Riker's post the first time DB has stated that the pop-ups are an anti-macro measure? The announcement post on macros said, "To discourage attempts to circumvent our efforts we will not provide any details about what is being done to counteract these applications".
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was ranked #4 and didn't see a pop-up all weekend. (edit: now I remember there may have been one, but I clicked through it as it popped up while collecting the after-battle rewards) Also know of at least a few people who used a macro.

Btw, is Riker's post the first time DB has stated that the pop-ups are an anti-macro measure? The announcement post on macros said, "To discourage attempts to circumvent our efforts we will not provide any details about what is being done to counteract these applications".

Maybe I got one then since update.
    One time I collected my reward. There was a window just a blip no text.
    It was gone, all I was doing was clicking for battle.
    If it was it maybe it would screw up a macro.
    But if a macro double clicked on the start next round button, It could avoid whatever I got. No way to know what it was. Might have been some other error message that never displayed. (I think the blip of window was a blue box)

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm the anti-macro measures were and continue to be in place. It sounds like a number of you fine folks received said pop-ups.

Unless you're claiming that the "phase end" popup was anti-macro instead of a bug, most people said they got no popups despite playing for hours straight.

And a popup is not an effective deterrent. Please redesign the event so it requires skill instead of blind grinding. If an event is dumb enough to be played by bots, people will find ways for bots to play the event.
  • I got the pop up twice. Game was open on Steam all weekend. Seemed to be triggered by time in game.