Home The Bridge

Event finale: Don't let them get away with the recent lack of quality

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
I urge anyone who reads this to vow to buy no event packs or bundles for this event finale.
Poly-watergate, Killy offer debacle, Skirmish rules lame explanation all tally up recent blunders by DB that they also haven't posted a word on commenting, in fact, they left the improperly priced Killy offer up all day yesterday without any comments on it

We need to have them actually FEEL the result of their lack of caring, and having this event not bankroll them for once might help.

I'll get all my thresholds but will not nab any packs whatsoever this time. I urge others to come with me on this one

Comments

• I have never bought anything from them and I'm not gonna start now. DB is poor developer which does not deserve my money.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Unfortunately the whales can't help themselves. They just HAVE to have the card and will buy the bundles. There have been calls for spending freezes by whales in the past but after a week or so they're back to spending just as much as they were before.

While I agree with the sentiment, it unfortunately just won't ever happen.

I agree it'll be tough to convince some, but even if we can sway a few here it will help... we'll see
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Don't know why that posted twice.... edited
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be threshold and out for this one, as per usual. I usually to the 13.99 offer to get that fourth star for whoever the event crew is, but I'll refrain this week, despite how much I like the character.

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    I'll be threshold and out for this one, as per usual. I usually to the 13.99 offer to get that fourth star for whoever the event crew is, but I'll refrain this week, despite how much I like the character.

It's a hybrid which has community rewards in phase 2. You will get 4 copies of the new 4* crew without the $12.99 deal. :smiley:
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Legendary Martok will immortalized with 5 minutes of the pack being released.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

It is known
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Fully aware we can't get everyone, as many as possible is all I'd like
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    RennJaxo wrote: »

I think community rewards will get you that 4th this week anyway

Oh, perfect. Did not realize it was a hybrid. I’ve basically been sleep walking through this event.

• *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 threads just closed, expect this one to be closed next.............
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • I support this but this community looks terribly similar to the FIFA community and we all know how bad those FIFA games are and how EA milks those players.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the first DB Do Better a number of big spenders actually did cut spending and it got the attention of DB.

Whether this can be the case this time or not, I cannot say not being one of them.

Wish you good luck tho. (And I mean that sincerely)
  • It can happen sometimes. Boycott by top fleets (KM if I remember correctly) during Picardgate was a big part of why it got resolved. Not sure we have the same momentum for Yargate. Probably because it affects less number of players, but more importantly, we have all learnt to lowered our standards when it comes to DB and STT.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drone_one wrote: »
    It can happen sometimes. Boycott by top fleets (KM if I remember correctly) during Picardgate was a big part of why it got resolved.

I'm not sure how that could be possible... Mirror Picard was sent out on January 2nd (Tuesday) and people were able to replace him with 50K honor from January 4th.

I don't see how the top fleets boycotting the game on Wednesday would even have been noticeable! :D
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Well I cant say what everyone else is doing, Im not a huge whale but I spend, or I should say I have spent in the past:) But Ive already passed up on three offers, since all the drama, and I plan to continue to do so. The more people who hold DB accountable for their actions, the more it affects the bottom line, that is really the best we can do.
  • Probably a silly question, but I don't see anywhere on this forum where I could post a thread. Using Chrome. Is this a browser issue?
  • Yargate isn't as big as Picardgate was.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilivdorl wrote: »
    Probably a silly question, but I don't see anywhere on this forum where I could post a thread. Using Chrome. Is this a browser issue?

You have to poke around and comment a bit first before you get "levelled up" and can create threads
  • Yateball wrote: »
    Probably a silly question, but I don't see anywhere on this forum where I could post a thread. Using Chrome. Is this a browser issue?

You have to poke around and comment a bit first before you get "levelled up" and can create threads

Thank you.

Good to know. I remember all the Chinese spam we used to get on the other site, so it kinda makes sense.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Yateball wrote: »

Thank you.

Good to know. I remember all the Chinese spam we used to get on the other site, so it kinda makes sense.

When you have, look in upper right hand corner.
    You will see "New Discusions"
    Click on that to start a new discussion
    Also when you have started a new discussion.
    Editing your first post is a little different.
    The easiest way for me to explain is to pick one of two different methods
    Before you even enter your new discussion you created you will see the cogwheel for editing. Just click on it. It will be to the right of your discussion title.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol that event crew stats aren't communicated yet... oh boy the state of things right now...
  • I'm keeping to my non-spending. The CS hasn't even responded in 4 days, and in my last one I actually thanked them for being helpful.

That was obviously a mistake. Maybe all the CS' are really Bad Janet's and one I complimented is now a little mirrored ball rolling around the Bad Place now.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    and because it's spring think about making changes in my life.

I'm accustomed to comments from our Old World and Canadian friends, but... spring? Are you somewhere in the southern hemisphere? I think you would be the first person I'm aware of on the forum that's from that side of the globe.
  • and because it's spring think about making changes in my life.

I'm accustomed to comments from our Old World and Canadian friends, but... spring? Are you somewhere in the southern hemisphere? I think you would be the first person I'm aware of on the forum that's from that side of the globe.

We call it 'the light side'. During the day that is. Yeah I'm Australian. Or near enough. Sydney region. Et vous?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently, Texas. Earlier variants of myself have lived in New York, Maryland, and Kansas.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sydney region.

Oh hey, me too! I won't get too specific online but if you're ever buying kinda overpriced fashion and the person at the register's playing facebook games all day because there's nobody else working there to see, say hi o:)