Home The Bridge

Event finale: Don't let them get away with the recent lack of quality

2»

Comments

• Yargate isn't as big as Picardgate was.

No way.
    That Yar was bait and switch.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Yargate isn't as big as Picardgate was.

No way.
    That Yar was bait and switch.

Mirror Picard was worse. Players were given the reasonable expectation that the only way to get the 5th star was to buy it (or risk DIL on the special event wrap up pack) only for everyone to be given a free copy after the mega event ended.

The Yar situation was an over powered card being nerfed for balancing issues
  • and because it's spring think about making changes in my life.

I'm accustomed to comments from our Old World and Canadian friends, but... spring? Are you somewhere in the southern hemisphere? I think you would be the first person I'm aware of on the forum that's from that side of the globe.

We do exist. :smirk: But spring seems to be coming late here in South Africa...
  • One thing to remember is adwarping, an often forgotten (by us players) income sorce for DB. I've not only stopped spending real money but also stopped clicking on all ads (not that i ever watched them) thus denying DB even that source of income too.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    I must say that DB lack of quality control is adversely effecting the game. I don't know if it is because people are on holiday or if they simple don't really care and are basically just phoning it in at this point.

I can understand that the scrips don't function as expected all the time and there is some trial and error but the mistakes that DB staff have been making lately are not the kind of things that are understandable or should ever make it into the game without having been checked over first. Frankly, the Killy offer and the wrong VIP... someone should lose their job over that. I am betting that cost DB a lot of money. It is obvious that the person responsible for final approval is not doing his/her job.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Etienne wrote: »
    I must say that DB lack of quality control is adversely effecting the game. I don't know if it is because people are on holiday or if they simple don't really care and are basically just phoning it in at this point.

I can understand that the scrips don't function as expected all the time and there is some trial and error but the mistakes that DB staff have been making lately are not the kind of things that are understandable or should ever make it into the game without having been checked over first. Frankly, the Killy offer and the wrong VIP... someone should lose their job over that. I am betting that cost DB a lot of money. It is obvious that the person responsible for final approval is not doing his/her job.

I don't think anyone's going to lose their job over the Killy offer - it's not that big a mistake (especially when compared to last week's fun). But undoubtedly it was a stupid one, and probably cost them more than a little revenue. It really does come back to better quality control - even hire one damn person who just has to play the game and gets everything 24 hours earlier and they would have been able to catch the majority of what has irritated their players over the last couple of months.

The summer months certainly have brought more than their fair share of hiccups, so maybe vacations have played an impact, but I would love to see them invest in an extra body or two on the QA side. I'm pretty sure the ROI would make it worth it.
  • I informed DB in response to my Polywater Yar ticket that they can expect no further money from me because of this nonsense. Why buy anything if they can just change it afterward & not offer anything as compensation? I don't think there's anything DB can do at this point to change my mind.
    The skirmish rule fiasco & Killy offer pricing issue are also reasons to halt the spending, but the Yar nerf just feels like a complete con job.
  • tired... i am just clearing threshold....
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Yateball wrote: »
    I urge anyone who reads this to vow to buy no event packs or bundles for this event finale.

And I urge you to buy many many packs. This week, next week, every week. So they have more resources for QA, bug fixing and other things that upset you so so much ;)

What do you say? I am sure something along the lines of "Have you lost your marbles? Fu.. off. What I do with my money is business"

Exactly. Spending or no spending, what people do with their cash is their business, surely not yours.

<snip> ˜Shan

Mainly enjoy something, stay. Mainly don´t enjoy something. Delete and move on. <snip> ˜Shan
  • Personal attacks are going to give DB good reason to shut this thread down
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personal attacks are going to give DB good reason to shut this thread down

That may be what they are intending to do. They clearly want their opponent silenced, and doing so forcing a thread closure is a tactic I've seen be effective here before.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

I just find it hilarious that he thinks my 800 total lifetime comments is "top 5 forum flooders"
    Clearly just looking for troll feed so... moving on
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

I just find it hilarious that he thinks my 800 total lifetime comments is "top 5 forum flooders"
    Clearly just looking for troll feed so... moving on

It is kinda funny since there are more than 15 folks with 1000 comments or more.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite frankly I'm more annoyed about Dominion Dukat than Yar.

If something looks overpowered in game, don't be too shocked if it gets nerfed. Any player looking to overpower Skirmishes with Yar deserved their fate. The extra couple seconds she might've bought you would've been inconsequential.

Picard-gate was much worse. The worst part of Yar debacle is not that she got nerfed but they didn't learn the Picard-gate lesson. Decent compensation without being prompted for it is always the way to go. Even a free Legendary citation won't kill DB's bottom line. Creating unnecessary work for CS might actually cost them more money.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Ivanstone wrote: »
    Quite frankly I'm more annoyed about Dominion Dukat than Yar.

If something looks overpowered in game, don't be too shocked if it gets nerfed. Any player looking to overpower Skirmishes with Yar deserved their fate. The extra couple seconds she might've bought you would've been inconsequential.

Picard-gate was much worse. The worst part of Yar debacle is not that she got nerfed but they didn't learn the Picard-gate lesson. Decent compensation without being prompted for it is always the way to go. Even a free Legendary citation won't kill DB's bottom line. Creating unnecessary work for CS might actually cost them more money.

Note: I didn't/don't have Yar.

Yar would NOT be inconsequential to top raking players in skirmishes. For a Top 75-100 score in the last event, a proper multi-yar nuke setup would potentially save at least 3 hours of time.

I think the bigger problems to me are:

- The Over Nerf: 10s for 400% charge, or even 8s for 350% charge, I could live with; I'm very aware that Killy has 400% at 6s, but you can argue there's more versatility from the charge. Also the cooldown time is now just bad (Mostly because it's a fixed 12s, regardless of charge).

- south_park_were_sorry.jpg : Here's a 25$ Killy because we nerfed Yar so bad. DB, if you're going to do something like this, at least do it up like it's the 50$ offer from the event, but half-off. That would have given people some packs to try and get more copies, and would have been the (slightly) less offensive way to make money off the situation.

• I vowed not no spend another dime on this game till we get a better response
    I can't tell people what to do with their money but I urge everyone to think before rewarding incompetence
    DB Do-Better II
  • Listen,
    They materially changed something after you bought it.
    Its wasnt a tweak.
    What is stopping them from refunding your money?
    Other than the fact that they dont want to do it.
    Offering a refund is the only right compensation they should offer.
  • I've had a ticket in about a stuck shuttle--can't claim it--since early last week. CS "cloned" my stuck crew so I can use them elsewhere, but unless/until it gets fixed, I'm not spending a dime.
    [TFA] Task Force April, April's Assassins
    Lvl 99, VIP 14, 939 Immortalized, 212 5* FE/FF
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cubby wrote: »
    I've had a ticket in about a stuck shuttle--can't claim it--since early last week. CS "cloned" my stuck crew so I can use them elsewhere, but unless/until it gets fixed, I'm not spending a dime.

Ooo maybe you can keep them after it gets unstuck, at which point you come out ahead

• Yateball wrote: »
    I urge anyone who reads this to vow to buy no event packs or bundles for this event finale.
    Poly-watergate, Killy offer debacle, Skirmish rules lame explanation all tally up recent blunders by DB that they also haven't posted a word on commenting, in fact, they left the improperly priced Killy offer up all day yesterday without any comments on it

We need to have them actually FEEL the result of their lack of caring, and having this event not bankroll them for once might help.

I'll get all my thresholds but will not nab any packs whatsoever this time. I urge others to come with me on this one

I agree with this
  • elemnteeelemntee ✭✭✭
    Recent lack of quality... :D