Home The Bridge

3* Dukat again??? Further proof

edited August 2018 in The Bridge
This more proof in the pudding that when Shan's away, the other minions at DB(dealwithitjazzriker) slack off and make the plane take a nose dive.
This was last events 3* reward! Last event 3* should have been Surgeon Phlox right? Made sense!
Now we know 3 things.
1. Last event was bugged with the Rufeegate scandel and the rewards on top of that.
2. DB minions can't deal with their issues without Shan at the helm.
3. All of us need to be compensated in some way, shape, or form and have DB admit it cheated the players by their errors in last event. Also, and apology wouldn't hurt.
Can't wait for Shan to get back and make some heads roll. Wouldn't want to be around that campfire.

Comments

• Time to bing out the Janeway death glare gifs again.....
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, I don't think there will be much participation this week. A bunch of threshold-and-out. Most of us have 4* Dominion Dukat and 3* Dukat. The only reason to go for rank is the legendary. It's nice of them to give newer players an easy week to get a 4*. I just hope it's not too hard on the company's bottom line. I do enjoy the game and want them to stay in business after all.
    Farewell 🖖
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    None of this is Shan. Event design and character selection has always been a weakness of DB. If Shan was here we'd be complaining to her too. She would then respond, "thank you for your feedback, I have forwarded it to the team", and then it would be ignored and we'd get the same issue again later.

But Shan has been consistent with representing and communicating with us, the players. Also in some way being straight with us.
    If there is an issue like this, she usually gets to the bottom of it and makes some resolution by some reward or compensation. I'm not so sure about this dealwithitjazzriker guy. Just blows us off completely.
  • Time to bing out the Janeway death glare gifs again.....

Ya, loved all the one's you put up an another thread! Awesome.
    I think Janeway is getting tired from all the facial expressions.😪
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you actually upset that you didn't get copies of 3* (let me repeat that -- 3*) Surgeon Phlox in last week's event?

As for Ru'afo, yeah that's a thing. But... Goran'Agar worked just fine for every battle (full bonus). I expect (though didn't check) that Yelgrun would have done the same. (I gave up reading the long complaint threads, so if I'm wrong about Yelgrun... that's my bad.) I know my fleet reported that 5* Phlox got full bonuses.

So:
    1. Yes, it was bugged. Only DWIJazzRiker disagrees.
    2. As AviTrek said, Shan doesn't make these decisions, just catches flak from all of us.
    3. We don't need to be compensated with anything (or if we do, it shouldn't be more than 250 honor or something like that). The event leader racked up 10 million points. I got pretty much the same amount that I got in the prior skirmish; based on assorted posts I read, so did many other regular players. The Ru'afo issue did not break the event.
    3a. I agree that DB should issue a statement that improves upon the one they hastily released. "Yes, we goofed in our explanation of how things work. Going forward, ______ is how things will work from now on."

• NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    Do people still care who the 3* is? It’s literally just honor unless it’s a surprise new character (and we have 2* Martok)
  • Are you actually upset that you didn't get copies of 3* (let me repeat that -- 3*) Surgeon Phlox in last week's event?

As for Ru'afo, yeah that's a thing. But... Goran'Agar worked just fine for every battle (full bonus). I expect (though didn't check) that Yelgrun would have done the same. (I gave up reading the long complaint threads, so if I'm wrong about Yelgrun... that's my bad.) I know my fleet reported that 5* Phlox got full bonuses.

So:
    1. Yes, it was bugged. Only DWIJazzRiker disagrees.
    2. As AviTrek said, Shan doesn't make these decisions, just catches flak from all of us.
    3. We don't need to be compensated with anything (or if we do, it shouldn't be more than 250 honor or something like that). The event leader racked up 10 million points. I got pretty much the same amount that I got in the prior skirmish; based on assorted posts I read, so did many other regular players. The Ru'afo issue did not break the event.
    3a. I agree that DB should issue a statement that improves upon the one they hastily released. "Yes, we goofed in our explanation of how things work. Going forward, ______ is how things will work from now on."

Yes, agreed on most of your points but Rufee should have worked as big bonus like the others. I did get my highest finish I've ever got in an event in the skirmish, but it would have been nice to rely on Rufee.
    But the same 3* reward in 2 weeks and during a Mega? Come on! That's just silly and clearly an oversight from DB team. Almost not worth playing as I'm sure mostly everyone is up to their eyeballs in Dukats by now.
    This event makes sense with 3* Dukat in rewards since 4* Dominion Dukat is event crew. 3* Surgeon Phlox made more sense in last one.
  • NS111111 wrote: »
    Do people still care who the 3* is? It’s literally just honor unless it’s a surprise new character (and we have 2* Martok)

For the newer players, it can matter.
  • [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Deleted.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    NS111111 wrote: »

There are still a handful of 3* crew I need to immortalize. Third Remata'klan would have been welcome.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Third Remata'klan was used in a fairly recent set of event rewards, the designers decided not to use him as the replacement.

Though Keevan is another crew many players have, he is at least not a repeated crew from last event's rewards, one that has the Dominion trait, and one new players do not have or do not have fully fused. We recognize that he is part of the daily rewards, but not all players play every single day to collect him to a fully fused status.
  • FinnbarFinnbar ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Ignore, stupid question.
  • Because Third Remata'klan was used in a fairly recent set of event rewards, the designers decided not to use him as the replacement.

I'm drawing a blank, and it's not on the wiki. Which event was that?
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Finnbar wrote: »
    Just to confirm, now that there is no Dukat in this event, will Dukats still provide a small bonus?
    @DealWithItJazzRiker

Dominion Dukat is still in the event. Klingon Dukat (the 3* version) was replaced.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Finnbar wrote: »
    Just to confirm, now that there is no Dukat in this event, will Dukats still provide a small bonus?
    @DealWithItJazzRiker

they are pulling the 3* Klingon Dukat... we still have featured 4*Dominion Dukat in the event
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    NS111111 wrote: »

If last week had been Phlox I would have been happy as he is a three star I had yet to complete.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Third Remata'klan was used in a fairly recent set of event rewards, the designers decided not to use him as the replacement.

How recent? More than two months ago... I couldn't be bothered to look further back
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Dominion Dukat is still in the event. Klingon Dukat (the 3* version) was replaced.

they are pulling the 3* Klingon Dukat... we still have featured 4*Dominion Dukat in the event

*Facepalm*
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm, he was? Not this year he wasn’t, didn’t check beyond that. Plenty of others have been used multiple time this year.

I mean I don’t really care either way, but it makes one wonder sometimes...
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭

Though Keevan is another crew many players have, he is at least not a repeated crew from last event's rewards, one that has the Dominion trait, and one new players do not have or do not have fully fused. We recognize that he is part of the daily rewards, but not all players play every single day to collect him to a fully fused status.

I appreciate the effort, but was he as recent as yesterday, when I picked up Keevan from daily rewards? I'm trying to cut you guys some slack, but srsly, someone needs to pop round and take the spade away....
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/