Home Ready Room
Options

Ultra Rare vs Legendary Citation

2»

Comments

• Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    You guys have thrown my purple theory out of the window. I guess I'll be saving for golds. Thanks for the tips and the thoughts behind them!
  • Options
    I only cite legendaries. Sooner or later that super rare that you want to fully fuse will appear in an event or drop in a voyage.
  • Options
    I focused on SR until i could get my voyages until 6 hours and then i focused on 5*
  • Options
    The only 4* crew that I have used citations on are the Voyage drop crew. Thot Gor, Clown, Lucien, Fierce Guinan (yes, you also get one of her in Gauntlet rewards).

Don't have Colonel Worf yet though, he continues to evade my pursuits....

Otherwise, as others have said citation only 5* crew, and I won't citation to a 5/5 as that would make it so that crew would drop relatively soon LOL Just how my luck would be :smiley:
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaphric wrote: »
    The only 4* crew that I have used citations on are the Voyage drop crew. Thot Gor, Clown, Lucien, Fierce Guinan (yes, you also get one of her in Gauntlet rewards).

Hold off on that for the time being ... just had a second Thot Gor drop for me ...
  • Options
    I'm waiting for someone to get a 3rd crew drop to confirm it's not a single-drop glitch from the recent voyage update (resulting in tutorial screens), or if they'll continue dropping after you get one more of each crew.
  • Options
    I realized three months into playing I could FE legendaries with one star (once I discovered these forums) and they would be at full strength in the guantlet. Still weak at voyages and uncompetitive in top 5% of arena,but sometimes really good on early shuttle missions before you get honored status by the faction.

Now my trainers are stacking up, and 3* are all FF (except Tourist Dax who doesn't drop in packs yet!!)and I'm not using every ounce of honor like in the beginning. I'm about to buy Kahless, then Cpt Bev, then go wild with 5* citations. I have only few 1* golds, which I attribute that to what appear to be better odds in developer and event packs, and my weekly chicken sacrifice to the RNGods.
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    TonyZee wrote: »
    I realized three months into playing I could FE legendaries with one star (once I discovered these forums) and they would be at full strength in the guantlet. Still weak at voyages and uncompetitive in top 5% of arena,but sometimes really good on early shuttle missions before you get honored status by the faction.

So you are telling me I should FE my one star Surak. Good to know.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    muwoo wrote: »

With any 1/5* character, if you are committed to keeping them, then FE them.
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »

With any 1/5* character, if you are committed to keeping them, then FE them.

I have very few so at this point I'm saving them all.
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Also he was the first Gold I got so I'm fond of him even though I don't use him for anything ever.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I have very few so at this point I'm saving them all.

I have kept all of mine also - long ago I was tempted to dismiss one, but am now glad I did not do so.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surak is an excellent gauntlet choice at 1/5* and only gets better for shuttles and voyages with each additional star. Not all proficiency-heavy 5* crew can make that claim.