Home The Bridge
Options

20k gauntlet rounds

finally did it.happy i got a 2nd locutus.i wish they would add guinan or caretaker for 30k 40k and so on.some people dont have a way to get them as it is.8zntq5f8ycej.png

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread made me look into this on my account...1,892 / 2,000 Complete Gauntlet Rounds!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been waiting for someone to post they got there. I’m still 5000 away but I don’t take the gauntlet very seriously these days
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I been waiting for someone to post they got there. I’m still 5000 away but I don’t take the gauntlet very seriously these days

Not to take away from the OP's achievement, but it was first hit months ago.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know how you guys got there so fast, at 16,000 and play pretty aggressively
  • Options
    almost to 15K myself. looking forward to that 3rd *!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭

Every silver lining...
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Aldude wrote: »

Every silver lining...

The response was to Banjo's comment that would seem to imply this was the "first" or even an "early" achievement. I, personally, hit it in June and I believe the first one to hit it was in April. I'm not exactly sure what he was "waiting" for.
  • Options
    of course i never said i was the first to do it .i didnt spend much dilithium on it.it is however hard work to get to 20k rounds as you know.i do believe though i am one of the few to have gotten 10 guinans to drop .i remember reading someone having 9.that was dumb luck this feels like an achievement,anyway they need to add more rewards for achievements is what i m saying.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every silver lining...

The response was to Banjo's comment that would seem to imply this was the "first" or even an "early" achievement. I, personally, hit it in June and I believe the first one to hit it was in April. I'm not exactly sure what he was "waiting" for.

I knew it was done before. No one ever posted it before.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    6K rounds for me... loooong way to go
  • Options
    PolPol ✭✭✭
    borg2004 wrote: »
    of course i never said i was the first to do it .i didnt spend much dilithium on it.it is however hard work to get to 20k rounds as you know.i do believe though i am one of the few to have gotten 10 guinans to drop .i remember reading someone having 9.that was dumb luck this feels like an achievement,anyway they need to add more rewards for achievements is what i m saying.

I just want to cry. Never got a Gauntlet gold crew
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just about to hit 18k rounds, and I have a bet going with the Gauntlet RNG... who will I get first, Locutus or the Caretaker??? I got 3 copies of Guinan, but have had no luck with the Caretaker.... yet!
  • Options
    Congrats borg2004. It's quite a marathon - well done.

As to the underlying point - UPDATE THE ACHIEVEMENTS, DB!!!!

Dilemmas >20,000
    Immortalizing >350
    Gauntlet >20,000
    Events >48

These are (some of) the carrots that keep your players engaged. Do it.

Eh, I don't really care about new tiers (they will always be reached eventually). I just want to be able to see what my Round/Dilemma/Immortalized totals are once I've capped the achievement.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. I managed to clear it, 2 weeks ago.

And now it feels kinda strange playing gauntlet rounds and seeing no counter going up anymore. :|
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

Every silver lining...

He said he was waiting for someone to Post
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

One guinan here, lol.

I agree add more tiers of achievements, would like to add * to guinan & save citations for other crew.

PS another 2500 rounds to go for my 1st locutus
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    It would be good if they didn't just add tiers for gauntlet achievements, but also tiers in competition.
    I don't even use merit refesh anymore because it will just be Mirror Picard, Sarek, Kahless, Gowron, the Caretaker or Guinan. All of which are pretty difficult to beat if you don't have them, so I'm just wasting the merits.
  • Options
    I also agree with adding former gauntlet crew to the gauntlet achievement. It's not a huge deal for me because I already have both guinan and caretaker but for newer players who weren't around during the previous gauntlet (and the unlucky ones), they can never get guinan. It's a real shame!
  • Options
    About 14K right now. Someday...
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Educated_BeastEducated_Beast ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    i wish they would add guinan or caretaker for 30k 40k

That would be horrible reward for people that already paid the 50K+ to immortalize. A gold citation is only thing I'd like to see. I've already made choices based on the fact nothing else existed after 20K and these cards are in no packs.

To get another 1/5 for 10,000 more gauntlet rounds would be a horrible reward. Better to just put all these cards (locutos, guinan, hobo, etc) in honor hall for 100K honor available at anytime after they retire so new players can also compete.

P.s. I wish locutos wasn't the 20k reward. I would have given him his 5th citation already but I can't. I have to hit 20k rounds first so I'm not being wasteful (1/5 low use and wastes crew slots).
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've said they are working out ways to get retired gauntlet crew into the game, but haven't decided how to go about it yet...
    Will there be more chances to get Guinan and Locutus?
    Yes, old gauntlet jackpot crew will show up in the game at some point. For instance, there has been a pack that featured Locutus. That wasn’t enough, so we are talking about what our preferred method for introducing them to a larger population of players should be. We won’t be making it so that the time and effort people spent getting these characters out of the gauntlet is trivialised. So, at the very least, those crew will experience a period of exclusivity even after they are removed from the gauntlet.
  • Options
    100K in honor hall after retired is fair.

There is no time and effort, some players get in first week on a 3 streak. Others have spent tens of thousands of merits placing first, participate in all gauntlets, and still don't have. Everyone that is lucky enough to get is already at a huge advantage for the half year or so others don't. Not to mention, 100K honor is huge investment.

Putting them as a long term achievement is the worst way they can do it. I would have been much better off with a gold citation at 20K so I could have immoryalized locutos 6 months ago and been using in arena and voyages. So's probably what they will do.
  • Options
    @borg2004 Kudos to you. I play Gauntlet quite a bit myself (or at least I thought I did). I'm at 13133 rounds, 20000 is still quite way off for me, so I am very impressed.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    17,807 rounds for me
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, make 30,000 rounds a begold with Locutus, Guinan, and a Citation. 40k with a Caretaker replacing Locutus, and 50k with whomever the FNG is taking out the Whindbag.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! I'm at 14.5k rounds so quite a long way away from getting his second star.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats OP. I agree that they need to add Guinan as an achievement after Locutus, mainly because my Guinan is 4/5.
  • Options
    I guess I should stop going for 20+ win streaks to ever get this achievement, burning out all your crew to exhaustion every round would make a big difference in how long it takes to reach this milestone.
  • Options
    Educated_BeastEducated_Beast ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Nah, make 30,000 rounds a begold with Locutus, Guinan, and a Citation. 40k with a Caretaker replacing Locutus, and 50k with whomever the FNG is taking out the Whindbag.

A begold is fair as long as a citation is one of the choices. I will use honor to immortalize these cards asap (don't show up in portal pulls and great on voyages). I dont want to be forced to wait months to get another 10k rounds to finish. My locutos has been 4/5 for a very long time (got 2 copies, used 100K honor to get to 4/5). I would have maxed but that stupid achievment prevents me (and I use him in arena and skirmish).

A begold (select locutos if don't have or gold citation if have him maxed) is fair to everyone. Getting 550 honor for 30K rounds is a kick in nuts (if already immortal an extra 1/5 wastes crew slots).

Regaurdless if new achievement or not, retired gauntlet crew should go to honor hall for 100K. I feel bad for new players, never able to compete here.