Home The Bridge
Options

Downtime

Thanks for the excellent communication re the impending downtime and the voyage token for future use is much appreciated too.
Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to remind folks, don't claim the token until you're ready to use it.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, this was nicely handled
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot about this downtime, should have let my voyage keep going instead of recalling it :(
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the excellent communication re the impending downtime and the voyage token for future use is much appreciated too.

Agreed, I really appreciated the e-mail sent today, especially I had completely forgotten about it 😂 it's communication like this that i appreciate, the revival token was the cherry on top!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot about this well communicated, scheduled downtime as well.

I sent out a voyage that was expected to last well over 8 hours, which now won't even reach the 2-hour dilemma. Right after sending out that doomed voyage, I sent out shuttles that were missing most of my strongest crew!

Hopefully the voyage makeup (ie: skills & traits) will be the same after the downtime, so I can just re-send the identical voyage, which would basically mean just replaying the first 1.5 hours of the 8+ hour voyage.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. It was well communicated and the token is a nice touch.
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Forgot about this downtime, should have let my voyage keep going instead of recalling it :(

Same, I had an 8 1/2 hour voyage fail this morning. If I hadn't forgotten about the downtime I would have revived it a couple times and made good use of that instant recall/return. Oh well, next time.
  • Options
    KayJay47KayJay47 ✭✭✭
    Is/was there actually any downtime? It's well past the announced time by now and my voyage is still going.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KayJay47 wrote: »
    Is/was there actually any downtime? It's well past the announced time by now and my voyage is still going.

Try restarting

• Options
    KayJay47 wrote: »

Nope, it never actually went down (although everyone I talked to had their voyage recalled). Hope you did what you needed to do DB, because I've started another voyage now since we're so far past your scheduled down time. I think this is the second time they've communicated a scheduled down time and not actually had one, which leaves folks wondering...
  • Options
    ElimElim ✭✭✭

Why?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Elim wrote: »

Why?

Once it's in your inventory you're forced to use it, and not dilithium, to refill a voyage. A lot of people prefer to save them for the more costly refills (or at least have the choice).
  • Options
    My voyage stopped working just as planned and was recalled successfully upon restart
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    My voyage stopped working just as planned and was recalled successfully upon restart

This was a little late

d2l2lexjdje2.jpeg
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtha9f10sbtb.png
    Guess we're down
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmaoooooooo. game goes down waaaay after they say it will. why am I not surprised....
  • Options
    I just got the same message. After the announced downtime I was able to log in, found my voyage recalled (per the notice), and sent another voyage. As of now (after the scheduled downtime), I am getting the message that maintenance is being performed.
  • Options

Why?

Once it's in your inventory you're forced to use it, and not dilithium, to refill a voyage. A lot of people prefer to save them for the more costly refills (or at least have the choice).

FFS, they should fix this, to give us the option and of course make it clear that for now, you don't have the option.
    These people can't stop amusing me...
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    lmaoooooooo. game goes down waaaay after they say it will. why am I not surprised....

It is expected for DB to be late to their own scheduled maintenance. If they were on time, then I would be surprised!
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    Can't log in at the moment, error messages all over the place similar to that above.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta be a sorryton situation, no?
  • Options
    I had a voyage being recalled at 1:30 and I was able to claim it at 1:45. Still had 3 hours left on the recall. Sent out a new voyage at 1:45 and just went back in to find it had been recalled and could be claimed. Looks like there were two downtime’s with voyages being recalled and claimable?
  • Options
    SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a small tribble pileup as everyone was logging back in, but the game should be back up and running! Everyone should try to log in.
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    Aye, it's working again now.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had my voyage recalled twice. I’m glad though. I picked better crew the second time.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why?

FFS, they should fix this, to give us the option and of course make it clear that for now, you don't have the option.

Why don’t you just demand free stuff?

• Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Proactive vs. Reactive is always a great thing :)

• Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Why?

I do... but then you give me dirty looks at the Burger King with my little cup of water...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Why?

I do... but then you give me dirty looks at the Burger King with my little cup of water...

Had quite an experience with that the other day. Coworker and I were eating there. There was a guy in there the whole time with said cup of water. Three females and a male working. He was real shady looking so the employees were too scared to kick him out. They were about to close so they locked the doors. When my coworker and I left, two other shady fellows barged in when we opened the door. Chicago. 10:00 at night. Didn’t feel like getting killed so we went on our way. Moral of the story.....DONT GIVE THEM FREE WATER

• Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Good job on the notice. No big deal being a bit late, not the end of the world. I appreciate the notice, but unfortunately forgot to abuse it to save my exploded voyage, and appreciate the free token. Something clearly changed on the backend, the client now connects to thorium.disruptorbeam.com, and didn't previously.

P.S. add those voyage tokens to the rewards tables, both in events and gauntlets.

Edit: Oh, and to offset the more plentiful extensions, test a week of half price extensions and recalls. Won't know till you test it, but it's possible you'll get more extensions purchased.