Home The Bridge

Are Voyage-only crew now able to drop more than once?

Originally we were told Voyage-only crew would only net us one copy, then we would have to use honour to get the other 3 stars on them (with the exception of Fierce Guinan who is also a milestone reward).

jbx1s4liilgd.png

But I just got gifted a second Jannar from my Voyage dilemma.

If this is one of DB's new changes, I'm all for it.
Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• A few others have noticed this as well and posted in another thread earlier.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/11038/voyage-exclusive-crew-no-longer-one-ofs#latest
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    That actually really ticks me off because I just citationed all of them so I could immortalize them
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only citationed The Clown, but it was worth it.
  • That's a good theory UnkieB. I hope that if it is not intended that DB doesn't fix it right away so I can get some 2nd copies. But, with everyone mentioning it, I'll most likely miss my chance.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used 54k honor to immortalize Thot Gor for the Dominion mega event, but I gladly welcome an extra copy (at least) of the rest of the voyage-specific crew.

If it is an error, it would hardly be fair to fix it now, since so many people have taken advantage of it, while others have not yet had similar opportunities to do so.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I think it is intentional, as the 1-year anniversary of Voyages will be 15 September (v3.0.0). At least, I hope it is (intentional, I mean)!
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Well, DB must be aware by now so grab them while you can. Just in case.

Getting a second copy would vastly increase my excitement at fully fusing them for collections: as it is, I've done Jannar but the others are pretty much taking up crew slots until there is a change. Hopefully this is that change!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • This would be a positive change!
  • Another Jannar dropped for me earlier this week. That brings the total to 2 times
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Since DB has said nothing about this so far I guessing it was something unintended that happened when they did their maintenance where everyone's voyages were recalled. Like the counters were reset from 1 (if you had already gotten a copy) to 0. Of course the way they communicate it might be on purpose. ;) They did mention we'd have other chances at these crew eventually, but I assumed it'd be through eventual packs like Colonel Worf.

At least I haven't heard of anyone getting a third copy of any cards yet.

That's what I thought too. Fits well with the tutorial screens having shown up again. As if the "Voyages" module has had a factory reset - perhaps a sorely needed one!
  • Since DB has said nothing about this so far I guessing it was something unintended that happened when they did their maintenance where everyone's voyages were recalled. Like the counters were reset from 1 (if you had already gotten a copy) to 0. Of course the way they communicate it might be on purpose. ;) They did mention we'd have other chances at these crew eventually, but I assumed it'd be through eventual packs like Colonel Worf.

At least I haven't heard of anyone getting a third copy of any cards yet.

Sounds like the most reasonable explanation. I know something similar in the past happened in the honor hall (people being able to buy Kahless again).
  • I am going to keep a close eye on this as well, but worse, I believe Voyage rewards have been nerfed (again) or they changed a few things pretty drastically.

Chrons are about 2/3 or less than where they were
    Replicator rations are down
    with 10K/10K AM 2925, and 3-4K on the rest of the crew, I barely made it over the 7-1/2 hour mark and it should have gone well into 8 or 8-1/2. Maybe I just got really unlucky, but I don't think so.

On the flip side, SR crew a dropping more it seems... which may be the reason for the change on other things.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • I have had 3 8 hour voyages, of which 2 I had figured would be 6.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a second Jannar drop for me but I had airlocked the first for space.
    Let’s fly!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I can accept it it if is nerfed (but I still wouldn't like it) but to accept it, DB would need to communicate it. I have records from about 20 long voyages in a row, including chroniton drops. I will start to record current voyages and compare them.

Whoever has the lost of 80-some odd voyages, if you would list previous chron averages per 6, 7, 8, and 10 hour voyages, that would quickly show if the current suspicion is true.

Edit: Don't hold your breath for communication. DB likes open and honest communication about as much as a vampire likes the sun.
  • Not sure how this changed from voyage only crew dropping more than once to DB has dramatically (or even somewhat) nerfed voyages but I can say that I run voyages all day everyday and I haven't experienced any atypical voyage behavior. All my voyages continue to give, on average, the same amount of chronitons, honor, crew, components, etc. that they always have. I also have not noticed an increase in SR crew drops as someone else mentioned. And, my voyages still last as long as normal and are still in line with the voyage estimator that can be found here in the forums. Of course, maybe I am just lucky (which is definitely not my typical experience with the game) and I have not been affected by the "nerfing" that others are experiencing.
  • Not sure how this changed from voyage only crew dropping more than once to DB has dramatically (or even somewhat) nerfed voyages but I can say that I run voyages all day everyday and I haven't experienced any atypical voyage behavior. All my voyages continue to give, on average, the same amount of chronitons, honor, crew, components, etc. that they always have. I also have not noticed an increase in SR crew drops as someone else mentioned. And, my voyages still last as long as normal and are still in line with the voyage estimator that can be found here in the forums. Of course, maybe I am just lucky (which is definitely not my typical experience with the game) and I have not been affected by the "nerfing" that others are experiencing.

Same. Apart from I have hardly had any purples, but I have stretches like that anyway. Nothing else appears to have changed imo
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was starting to wonder if voyages had been nerfed again too. Since the last update the only super rares I’d gotten were from dilemmas. But my bad streak ended tonight when I wound up getting 3 (not from dilemmas.) Even better, I actually needed 2 of them. Voyages are just streaky like that.
  • 2. Jannar before 2 days, right now 3. Jannar so no limit anymore. All from dilemmas.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    In recent weeks I haven’t had a voyage with more than one or two purple crew in a while but I feel that I have had more voyages with purples compared to those without. I also seem to have had a much higher drop rate of replicator rations, because I somehow have 150ish when the last time I really looked I thought I had 30.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    voyages a ok on my end.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually just got a 3rd Jannar today.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to a fleet mate today. :D

kurlsdw5ywmp.jpeg

Just in time for a(nother) Dominion event, too! 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • If you get lag at the right moment you can get more. I got 3 clowns at once. But it's all in your head cause it didn't exist
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to duplicate but cannot. I've done several voyage specific dilemmas and cannot get a second to drop (and yes I'm making the right choices)
  • Pallidyne wrote: »
    I'm trying to duplicate but cannot. I've done several voyage specific dilemmas and cannot get a second to drop (and yes I'm making the right choices)

It could be that they “fixed” it.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

It could be that they “fixed” it.

I wouldn’t put it past them. I’m also not expecting any kind of communication on the subject...whatever. I didn’t try for extra copies because I am still beating my head against the wall that is the attempt to get Colonel Worf or Fierce Guinan. For those who managed to get these two from dilemmas, did every single one of you do it on a 73-hour voyage or are you just exceedingly lucky with which dilemmas pop up?