Home The Bridge

More reruns?

DB, can we please have some more reruns of previous events?

Comments

• Seconded!
    “With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.” Captain Picard quoting Judge Aaron Satie.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I was thinking reruns can be used as the one day Tuesday mini events. Give people a shot at the older crew and spice up the middle of the week

Horrible idea. We already have 5/7 days(Thursday-Monday) with an event running, we don t need an add day and event.

As for the topic, regular reruns, anytime. Yes.

Well jeez you wouldn’t have to play it. I would you wouldn’t. Variety is the spice of life

• Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I was thinking reruns can be used as the one day Tuesday mini events. Give people a shot at the older crew and spice up the middle of the week

Horrible idea. We already have 5/7 days(Thursday-Monday) with an event running, we don t need an add day and event.

Well jeez you wouldn’t have to play it. I would you wouldn’t. Variety is the spice of life

Yes, off with your head for suggesting such a thing! You know we don't have free will and are required to participate in anything and everything DB puts out there. :p

Seriously though, I think the op's idea is great and I like yours too Banjo.

Yes, off with your head for suggesting such a thing! You know we don't have free will and are required to participate in anything and everything DB puts out there. :p

Seriously though, I think the op's idea is great and I like yours too Banjo.

Thank you sir! Just a little one day thing. Starts noon Tuesday ends noon Wednesday. Doesn’t seem like any lives would be lost or anything
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    The next Faction event re-run in line is Season of Love 3 ...

all Vulcans are bonus crew ...

just when you've done the Dominion/Mirror Universe/Dominion crew move, you get hit by a mid-week Vulcan addition/edition ...

they'd better up the Merit rewards somewhere for sure.
  • Yes, let's have some event reruns, especially for new players like myself who haven't had the chance to do them!!!!
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »

I am with you pal! I work when the event starts and ends! No way I could rank up!
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see 2 reruns a month with no changes to the gold character.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
    RaraRacing wrote: »

they'd better up the Merit rewards somewhere for sure.

They are perfectly fine. Thing to remember: At core STT is a resource management game. If you are short of whatever as a long term player (at the start we are all short of everything) you don´t handle these resources in a optimal way.

Concerning Merits: What I did when I started and realized this is also a test of patience and you need a long breath was to slowly build up the transmissions of all factions to at least 200. That way you have reserves for any kinds of needs like events.

And after you did that transmissions don´t drain your merits pool on a regular basis anymore. Same goes for other aspects. Level focused, not just level to level: Aka a crew is needed in an event or really improves your strength etc. And with some discipline everythings adds up nicely in time....

sr9y3qbc8u79.jpg

Holy $%#! I bow to the master of the resource management game!

• Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three concerns with more reruns:
    1. How do you make it profitable for DB?
    2. How do you keep players from burning out?
    3. How often would reruns get botched because DB’s staff was run too ragged?
  • Navarch wrote: »

Reruns are simply events that have been run before. There is actually less stress on the DB staff. DB makes money from people playing the event as usual, people that missed the event 1st time around, and people trying to add additional stars to their 5* crew featured in the rerun. Because reruns are done in place of a new event, there is no concern of player burnout (at least no more than normal...unless they go with Banjo's idea...lol).
  • Navarch wrote: »

1. After / With the Yar debacle, don't care.
    2. Its optional, play or don't. Please don't, improve my odds. Thanks lol
    3. Can't get much worse then it is now.
  • I like the idea of throwing in a few chances to complete crew from previous events whether through reruns or the occasional mini event.
  • I agree with the ideas about more reruns and second reruns.

Maybe also adding the legendarys from 2016 into the Voyage pool from eight hours..?
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Mini events sound pretty cool actually, especially if they would give a chance to get older event crew.
  • We generally get a re-run after a mega event anyway. Perhaps they've decided to do it part way through the cycle rather than immediately afterwards.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still hoping for a rerun of that Klingon - Vulcan event I missed when I was in intensive care.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    More re-runs yes, but not mid week unless something gives... its already a tiresome grind to play from gauntlet rounds, voyages, arena fights, etc. etc. its far to easy to burn out...

Re-runs don't make money you say? Another option would be to increase the event rewards? Maybe add a legendary behold (from the older crew pool) to the event rewards?
    I don't think that will break the game, people will still buy packs and who knows you might make more money from people doubling up on the legendary behold offer.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Reruns with a 5* as threshold is what I’m looking for more of
  • how about reruns with the original 5* as an additional 3000-1000 rank reward, and a new 5* added to the top 1000? best of both worlds, encourages ranking AND pushing to top 1k.
  • Is it just me, or is there no difference between most of the re-runs I've seen and newly-created events?

Both types seem to have (in most cases):
    • A new legendary crew
    • A new super-rare crew
    • An existing super-rare crew

So apart from repeating a storyline that almost no-one even reads (and can be found on the wiki if you're so curious), what's the point?
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Technically events run for 96 hours which makes it four days.
    Anyhow I am all in favor of reruns whether it be mini, moder or mega event.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I'm fine with more reruns (once a month or once every two months), but only if they're more than just old faction events. A rerun galaxy or even an old expedition event would be welcome. I understand there are "issues" for DB with expeditions but I wouldn't mind seeing an old one return, if only to spice up the rotation of faction/galaxy/skirmish events.
  • How about midweek reruns that offer lesser rewards? That way the hardcore “whales” will have little interest, and the newer or smaller spending players can get some bonuses. For instance, maybe offer rewards such as 4* crew not yet in the portal, honor, and/or merits? DB would not have to use up a lot of resources (save money), it would increase interest among the less hardcore, and would be a little fun diversion for those that want to participate. Just a thought, now feel free to trash me lol
    “With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.” Captain Picard quoting Judge Aaron Satie.
    How about midweek reruns that offer lesser rewards? That way the hardcore “whales” will have little interest, and the newer or smaller spending players can get some bonuses. For instance, maybe offer rewards such as 4* crew not yet in the portal, honor, and/or merits? DB would not have to use up a lot of resources (save money), it would increase interest among the less hardcore, and would be a little fun diversion for those that want to participate. Just a thought, now feel free to trash me lol

Trash you? I totally agree with you!

• no thanks to events during the week. for those of us with employment, we would be frustrated with trying to keep up. Bad enough "weekend" events start on Thursday for some reason.