Home The Bridge

More reruns?

2»

Comments

• Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    DB is interested in making money. Which means feed the whales. They don't care about us bottom dwellers who can't afford to spend $$. They'd do it if it fed the coffers.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB is interested in making money. Which means feed the whales. They don't care about us bottom dwellers who can't afford to spend $$. They'd do it if it fed the coffers.

Stop selling us bottom dwellers short. We may subsist off the detritus of the large whales majestically swimming and singing above us but we still serve an integral and vital part of the food chain. Circle of life and all that Jazz.. (Riker... dealing with it)... Plus we get free water so it ain’t so bad.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    Three concerns with more reruns:
    1. How do you make it profitable for DB?
    2. How do you keep players from burning out?
    3. How often would reruns get botched because DB’s staff was run too ragged?

One 3 -- most reruns haven't been botched, only a handful. More new events have been botched than reruns.

I just want to get back to a rerun after each mega.
    That's only 6 reruns a year.

Even if we can't do #1, its called a loss-leader. Costco and other very profitable companies know how to use them.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is there no difference between most of the re-runs I've seen and newly-created events?

Both types seem to have (in most cases):
    • A new legendary crew
    • A new super-rare crew
    • An existing super-rare crew

So apart from repeating a storyline that almost no-one even reads (and can be found on the wiki if you're so curious), what's the point?

The re-runs I recall have either a new 4* or new 5* crew but retain all of the existing crew. They give veterans a chance to add stars to existing crew and newer players a chance to get crew from before they started. And for those who already have enough stars on re-run event crew, re-runs give them a week off from spending.

I see no problem with one re-run a month and really appreciate it when they add a new legendary crew, with the original as an extra threshold reward (such as Dancing Uhura in the Isthmian Games re-run).
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is there no difference between most of the re-runs I've seen and newly-created events?

Both types seem to have (in most cases):
    • A new legendary crew
    • A new super-rare crew
    • An existing super-rare crew

So apart from repeating a storyline that almost no-one even reads (and can be found on the wiki if you're so curious), what's the point?

The re-runs I recall have either a new 4* or new 5* crew but retain all of the existing crew. They give veterans a chance to add stars to existing crew and newer players a chance to get crew from before they started. And for those who already have enough stars on re-run event crew, re-runs give them a week off from spending.

I see no problem with one re-run a month and really appreciate it when they add a new legendary crew, with the original as an extra threshold reward (such as Dancing Uhura in the Isthmian Games re-run).

Exactly that last rerun was awesome.