Home The Bridge

EV Suit Burnham is in the portal

2»

Comments

• Pacific Rim Jaeger Pilot Burnham you mean
  • I have all the Purples FFFE, Need 1 star on Arachnid and don't have Garrett. Need 400 honor for a star to immortalize a Gold. 1 pull and got Burnham, and enough honor to immortalize Professor Sato.

Nice!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »
    Yateball wrote: »
    Just like last week with Picard, I'll say it again.
    Thank God, we were short on Burnhams

Hey! Picard is an iconic character from the ST franchise, and he was in 7 seasons and 4 movies.

Burnham is the main character of a show with 1 season (a second on the way). Nobody asks "Kirk or Burnham?".

You took the words quite literally right out of my mouth. I was half-joking a while back that there are as many Burnhams in STT as there are episodes of Discovery! Meanwhile poor Harry Kim had to suffer through SEVEN seasons without a single promotion, appeared as a regular cast member in 170 episodes and only have FIVE STT versions. Five.

I've said it before in another thread, but for my point zero two dollars' worth, I'd be just fine with pumping the brakes a bit on Burnhams going forward.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

Hey! Picard is an iconic character from the ST franchise, and he was in 7 seasons and 4 movies.

Burnham is the main character of a show with 1 season (a second on the way). Nobody asks "Kirk or Burnham?".

You took the words quite literally right out of my mouth. I was half-joking a while back that there are as many Burnhams in STT as there are episodes of Discovery! Meanwhile poor Harry Kim had to suffer through SEVEN seasons without a single promotion, appeared as a regular cast member in 170 episodes and only have FIVE STT versions. Five.

I've said it before in another thread, but for my point zero two dollars' worth, I'd be just fine with pumping the brakes a bit on Burnhams going forward.

I support pumping the brakes on Burnham but I am not 100% sold on pegging (however loosely) the number of STT crew variants there are on the number of episodes someone was in. Harry Kim wasn’t well-written and for many just isn't that interesting. I am okay with the number of Kims we have, while I could go for at least two more The Doctor variants (specifically Doctor Seven and Evil Equinox Doctor) even though he already has two more than Kim does.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

I understand where you're coming from, and I agree there have probably been a few too many iterations of her at the expense of the other characters on DSC, but there is a difference in the comparison you brought up between her and Harry Kim: from the start, Burnham was set up as the featured character on Discovery — much more so than any other ST series, the premise as I understand it is that the story features her journey — so in that regard, it's not surprising that she is also well-represented in the game.

That having been said, though, I'm hoping that when season 2 gets closer to its airdate, we get some of the other bridge crew (and maybe a few other surprises) that we haven't yet seen added to STT.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just using Harry Kim as an example, I think we can all agree that the ratio of STT variants of Burnham to screen time is noticeably out of balance, and that is the point I was driving home.

If a different example is permitted, based on the wiki with the inclusion of this EV Burnham, there are now seven Burnhams. There are nine Spocks.

Again, not trying to get bogged down in an argument about the impact of Spock vs Burnham, this is just an example of how we all seem to agree that it may be time to bench Burnham for a while to allow room for other characters.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    middlehead wrote: »
    I'd take Garrett, but I already have Arachnia maxed and less than zero interest in a Burnham, so that's a huge No on this one.

Same, have Arachnia, Rakal, and T'Pol immortalized, and no interest in Burnham. I won't risk this pack for the Garrett despite me wanting her.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • In 5 pulls I got Garrett, Burnham, Arachnia, Zhiantara Odo, and Captain Lorca, plus 2 mirror Dax.
  • In 5 pulls I got Garrett, Burnham, Arachnia, Zhiantara Odo, and Captain Lorca, plus 2 mirror Dax.
    Wowza!
  • [TLA] Chancellor[TLA] Chancellor ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    In 5 pulls I got Garrett, Burnham, Arachnia, Zhiantara Odo, and Captain Lorca, plus 2 mirror Dax.

Well done.
    Can you share EV Suit Burnham’s ship abilities?
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chancellor wrote: »
    In 5 pulls I got Garrett, Burnham, Arachnia, Zhiantara Odo, and Captain Lorca, plus 2 mirror Dax.

Well done.

h6d8bjiknq9q.jpeg

• [TLA] Chancellor[TLA] Chancellor ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Well done.

h6d8bjiknq9q.jpeg

thank you @""Paladin 27" you’re the best.

• And I just suggested EV Suit Burnham on 21 August. I know it's a few months away, but maybe we are gearing up for another Discovery Event for Season 2 premier, and we will get more Disco Crew every couple weeks until then...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I just suggested EV Suit Burnham on 21 August. I know it's a few months away, but maybe we are gearing up for another Discovery Event for Season 2 premier, and we will get more Disco Crew every couple weeks until then...

Actually, EV Suit Burnham was suggested back in January 2018 by a couple of people in this thread:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/3109/burnham-overload/p1

I do think you are correct, though, that we are looking at another Discovery Event, tied in to the premiere of Season 2 and/or the release of Season 1 on DVD.

LLAP
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • ByloBand wrote: »
    I was just using Harry Kim as an example, I think we can all agree that the ratio of STT variants of Burnham to screen time is noticeably out of balance, and that is the point I was driving home.

If a different example is permitted, based on the wiki with the inclusion of this EV Burnham, there are now seven Burnhams. There are nine Spocks.

Again, not trying to get bogged down in an argument about the impact of Spock vs Burnham, this is just an example of how we all seem to agree that it may be time to bench Burnham for a while to allow room for other characters.

My favorite thing is when the less than 1% of players on these forums say things like “we all”. Nope, we all do not agree

As ~Peregrine~ pointed out some of us have been waiting for this Burnham for 8 months. Every new character card is not meant for every player. Just repeat that to yourself every time a new card is introduced.

I could use another TOS card like I could use another hole in my head, but I’m not going to freak out every time a new one is introduced. Because they are not for me, they are for you, and many others.
  • I'm not spending money for the foreseeable future. Too many blunders going on and not enough being done to correct them.

👍