Home Engineering Room
Options

UI Issues still present in v6.0.0

I couldn’t find the original thread (it was quite a while ago) but there are still a lot of UI issues present in the latest update.

Let’s try and build an up to date list of them here to help consolidate everything for DB to fix.

Remember to state Device/OS.

Comments

• Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    iPhone X/iOS 11

Main menu clipped off at bottom

71g5ein3yi97.jpeg
  • Options
    iPhone X/iOS 11

Unable to read Starbase Level properly

uudysxe9umyj.jpeg
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    iPhone X/iOS 11

In many screens I can only see 1 complete row of items which makes things difficult to navigate and ugly.

In this example, only 1 line of crew is fully visible at a time. It’s close to 2, but really 2.5/3 rows would be best - closer to how to used to be a few updates ago.
    fbx6rvvusesx.jpeg

In the freezer it’s even worse:
    7fmbdq539r56.png

• Options
    Still not fixed as well. iOS, ipad Pro10.5, iPadAir2, iphone SE

wol19qcfq8s8.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    iPhone X/iOS 11

Some crew don’t fit the screen when viewed full size:
    qs3704dghknl.png

yt7i9zipukq8.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    iPhone X/iOS 11

Can’t see text entry fields properly when typing. Please forgive the poor artwork - I had to manually add the ‘notch’ to show how it appears on screen.

qcm724avlqtn.jpeg

• Options
    iPhone X/iOS 11

Cancel/done button almost invisible on keyboard. See the tiny blue line?

vr5kmpfowv5m.jpeg

• Options
    iPhone X/iOS 11

Fleet leaderboard doesn’t fit the screen.
    rtvd861lrwt2.jpeg

yw0ylahb2p9h.jpeg
  • Options
    iPhone X/iOS 11

Player profiles slightly too big for the screen. See close button and player name at very top of screen.

61x7d0dtpdww.jpeg
  • Options
    iPhone X/iOS 11

Difficult to see what’s in the fuel tank on the replicator screen because the icons are too big and the display area too small.

dxwrtxb8u67n.jpeg
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I have found when you now first go into the Fleet screen, the Members section is blank until you try to tap/drag within it, and then the names of the Captains appear - this is a new issue that was not present before.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »
    I have found when you now first go into the Fleet screen, the Members section is blank until you try to tap/drag within it, and then the names of the Captains appear - this is a new issue that was not present before.

Confirmed on iPhone 8/iOS 11.4.1.

fo5jldmpgt68.png

There is also still a ton of oversized blank space in the Inventory screen.

xn1i46ppj6r1.png
  • Options
    fleet screen issue, is an annoyance,
    still wish there was a search and filter on the
    inventory and on the replicator.
    there are times when i want to identify an item before i dump it in as fuel, but
    because there is only 1, i have to guess by picture and prey it isnt one i needed
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

fo5jldmpgt68.png

Also confirmed on my RCA tablet running Android 6.0.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    I really wonder on which devices DB has tested the latest update? Most of this UI issues are not hard to spot?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I keep hoping with each new release that they'll fix that issue with the "11" (on the Galaxy Map icon) that is always cut off at the edge of the screen.

v2obf68ejsd9.jpg

Or better yet, get rid of it entirely for those people who have cleared all nodes in all the episode missions.

• Options
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 on Android 7.0

The admirals name/avatar is hidden by the starbase icon permanently and the members list looks like this every time I enter the fleet tab until I try to scroll down then it appears as normal.

bpaxpldoalni.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 on Android 7.0

The double rewards icon is partially hidden, I can press it but after the ad plays it throws up an error message and I don't get the rewards.

n0293ta8lovg.png

This is after the ad has played, when I close the error box the double rewards button is still there as is the ad-warp button but they don't work.

29ocdxyb9tfi.png
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Or better yet, get rid of it entirely for those people who have cleared all nodes in all the episode missions.

It is possible to quickly clear it manually every day, but I don’t bother. You go to the galaxy map and press the button top right 11 times to skip through all the ‘new’ missions.

It would be nice for it to stay cleared.
  • Options
    All of or some of these issues are present in all ios users. As usual, ios platform does not update correctly and has many glitches/problems. Every game upgrade i have problems with something. Its quite ridiculous. Everytime. Not exagerating. I screenshot every screen bcuz i used to get shorted on supplies, currency, or crew eould just dissapear. Last update i lost 2* T’Pol. Which i mvr got back. I love the game and continue to play daily but having the expectation of glitches and loses during upgrades doesnt instil much confindence in programmers.
  • Options

fo5jldmpgt68.png

There is also still a ton of oversized blank space in the Inventory screen.

xn1i46ppj6r1.png

Yes, should be bigger to fit the screen.
    I have Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and still it's tiny on my big screen.
  • Options
    Still not fixed as well. iOS, ipad Pro10.5, iPadAir2, iphone SE

wol19qcfq8s8.jpeg

See same on mine: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 runin android 7.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is possible to quickly clear it manually every day, but I don’t bother. You go to the galaxy map and press the button top right 11 times to skip through all the ‘new’ missions.

Yeah, I used to do exactly that, since I like my main screen to look neat and tidy. ;) But then I stopped once I realized I was collecting a lot of in-game mails with stored chrons and such, not to mention all the supply kits and basic 10-pulls in the portal, so my screen was going to be a little cluttered with numbers anyway. :D Still, there's really no point to it for those of us who have no episodes to clear.

• Options
    Samsung galaxy Tab 2, android 7.0

Top and bottom of the screen is cut off

h56cugce7ywi.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    us.v-cdn.net/6030345/uploads/editor/mt/reejua4uwdgo.png
    us.v-cdn.net/6030345/uploads/editor/p8/q6s30hr442xb.png
    All graphics are usually blurry (1st image), though sometimes they clean up and get rendered sharply (2nd image)

iPhone 8 running iOS 11.4.1 (15G77)
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Apparently I can upload images as a new user, but not post those images as links. 🤔
  • Options

fo5jldmpgt68.png

Also confirmed on my RCA tablet running Android 6.0.

Also on Win 7, Facebook.
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I used to do exactly that, since I like my main screen to look neat and tidy. ;) But then I stopped once I realized I was collecting a lot of in-game mails with stored chrons and such, not to mention all the supply kits and basic 10-pulls in the portal, so my screen was going to be a little cluttered with numbers anyway. :D Still, there's really no point to it for those of us who have no episodes to clear.

Wait, once you clear all the missions the 11 still doesn't go away?
    Can I log a ticket with CS to pay for my OCD therapy costs?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »

Alas, that "11" will be staring you in the face, taunting you, forever... (or as long as you play the game).

But then, you get used to the screen clutter once you've got Supply Kits and Basic 10-pulls saved up in the Time Portal, plus a bunch of in-game mails with sorrytons saved up in your messages.

I hate screen clutter so much — my computer desktop is pristine (no folders or icons, just some Rainmeter widgets and a soothing wallpaper). And my Start Menu and all the folders on my computer are precisely organized, with descriptive sub-folders that let me find anything in a flash. But I don't know why that's the case, because if you looked at my actual, real-life desktop, it's pretty much the complete opposite of organized, lol.

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »

Alas, that "11" will be staring you in the face, taunting you, forever... (or as long as you play the game).

But then, you get used to the screen clutter once you've got Supply Kits and Basic 10-pulls saved up in the Time Portal, plus a bunch of in-game mails with sorrytons saved up in your messages.

I hate screen clutter so much — my computer desktop is pristine (no folders or icons, just some Rainmeter widgets and a soothing wallpaper). And my Start Menu and all the folders on my computer are precisely organized, with descriptive sub-folders that let me find anything in a flash. But I don't know why that's the case, because if you looked at my actual, real-life desktop, it's pretty much the complete opposite of organized, lol.

So your real desktop and computer desktop look more or less like mine?

cdgifwsplyia.jpeg