Home Engineering Room
Options

UI Issues still present in v6.0.0

2»

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So your real desktop and computer desktop look more or less like mine?
    <image snipped>

Pretty close! Though I notice you've got a few sections where you can actually still see through to the desktop. Impressive. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    contrecontre
    edited September 2018
    iPhone XS Max/iOS 12

Same issues as others have reported for the iPhone X show up on this phone.
    us.v-cdn.net/6030345/uploads/editor/in/ibcsdg6wcmsg.png

us.v-cdn.net/6030345/uploads/editor/i2/q5g6x08nopcp.png

But I cannot post links yet

• Options
    Just upgraded to an iPhone XS and a ton of the UIs do not fit the screen the way they ideally would. A lot of "full-screen" UI screens (such as the Cadet Challenges, Arena selection and splash screen when loading, etc) stop at the iPhone X/XS/XR "safe area" which is fine of course (and even mandated) for buttons and text, but the background overlays do not extend, so you end up with whatever was on the screen before you opened up the UI bleeding out into the left and right edges of the screen.

Additionally, a ton of your UI buttons are so close to the bottom of the screen that the home bar is nearly constantly overlaying the game in a sub-optimal way.

Also as noted by others, the scale does make lists that used to contain 2-3 row elements now hold 1-2, which is frustrating going from a smaller phone to a larger one.

I'm an app developer and I recognize the challenges involved with flexible multi-platform UI, but just wanted to be sure this was logged in your JIRA or whatever you got. :)
  • Options
    Also as noted by others, the scale [on the new iPhone XS and Max] does make lists that used to contain 2-3 row elements now hold 1-2, which is frustrating going from a smaller phone to a larger one.

I'm an app developer and I recognize the challenges involved with flexible multi-platform UI, but just wanted to be sure this was logged in your JIRA or whatever you got. :)

Thanks for posting about this to make sure it’s in the development queue.

Just got my XS Max yesterday and looked forward to the game looking better than ever (and being able to make out some of the tiny text I had trouble with even on a 7 Plus), but it turns out to be troublesome with some of the UI overlaps and scale issues. Hopefully Apple’s developer tools have been updated to make fixes like this relatively painless!
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s reassuring to hear from owners of the newer iPhones. iPhone X owners like myself have been trying to get used to and hoping for fixes for a long while now.

I get that UI scaling can be tough, but it needs tackling. Appearance is generally something people care about, especially as a first impression.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Here’s another UI issue (still persisting, it has been reported before)
    iPhone X/iOS 12

The ‘not enough chronitons’ warning is still not scaling properly. Depending on the time to wait for more, the escape/close button ( X ) can be hard to see and tap. Some players might feel the only way out of this is to purchase more chronitons with dil.

g79nbuamfw50.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    lx wrote: »
    Additionally, a ton of your UI buttons are so close to the bottom of the screen that the home bar is nearly constantly overlaying the game in a sub-optimal way.

This is very urgent.

While some of the UI issues are just a bit ugly or need an understanding to know that there is a close button, this particular issue is making it nearly impossible to back out of the game and switch apps without triggering a button.

Examples:

1. If I get a behold from a crew pull, I’m not easily or reliably able to swap apps and check the wiki or my fleet comrades for assistance. If I try, it tends to select one of the options on the process.

2. If I hit a dilemma on a voyage and want to check the pathways on the wiki in order to go after voyage exclusive crew, I can’t. Trying to back out usually selects an option, as described above.

• Options
    SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭

This is very urgent.

While some of the UI issues are just a bit ugly or need an understanding to know that there is a close button, this particular issue is making it nearly impossible to back out of the game and switch apps without triggering a button.

Examples:

1. If I get a behold from a crew pull, I’m not easily or reliably able to swap apps and check the wiki or my fleet comrades for assistance. If I try, it tends to select one of the options on the process.

2. If I hit a dilemma on a voyage and want to check the pathways on the wiki in order to go after voyage exclusive crew, I can’t. Trying to back out usually selects an option, as described above.

This does sound like a problem. You've submitted tickets for these bugs?
  • Options
    i am having outright crashes upon accessing the friends list it crashes right to windows and i can't even screenshot it it's that bad
  • Options
    JazzRiker wrote: »

This is very urgent.

Examples:

This does sound like a problem. You've submitted tickets for these bugs?

I’ll write one up now, but I know this and other UI issues have been highlighted on the forums before and I really don’t want to just end up feeling fobbed off again.

Here’s an example:5tj6ehueyw5v.png
  • Options
    1biz1dvhdnir.png

Overlapping numbers in the starbase build area for iPhone XR.

Don't know how to properly describe the action above.
  • Options
    Hi Shan,

Why aren’t some of these problems being looked at on the new iOS?

I am using the new iPhone XR and have scaling issues for the game.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Shan,

Why aren’t some of these problems being looked at on the new iOS?

I am using the new iPhone XR and have scaling issues for the game.

Not all issues are easy to fix or can be fixed.
    We also need to prioritize what can be worked on at any point in time.
    Hopefully some UI improvements will be possible sometime in the future.
  • Options
    Bump - the iPhone 11 has these scaling issues. Customers shouldn't have to wait this long for fixes!
  • Options
    Bump - the iPhone 11 has these scaling issues. Customers shouldn't have to wait this long for fixes!

I dont think there is a fix, I think the poor UI scaling is something we are expected to live with.
    But yeah, I now expect a wave of new posts from those jumping a few iPhone updates to discover the anomalies.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe DB has delayed releasing STT version 7.2.0 for iOS until after Apple releases 13.1 on 24 September 2019, in order to minimize future bugs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust