Home The Bridge

Customer Service Win!

Awarding honor for citations used on voyage exclusive crew. Well played DB! Well played.

And thanks for the change. I have been working hard to stay out of the decision tree branches leading to crew, now I will be trying to finish them and probably spending some DiL to get to part 2's.

Comments

• Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with @Antasil. Of course, now I actually have to start answering these questions correctly to get the crew. Been avoiding them until now since I knew I would never use honor (or cash) to cite them up.

But DB... can I please start getting Guinan's part 1 before the 8hr mark?
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    This is a big win for DB in customer goodwill

It makes me feel a little better after doing that 73 hour voyage to get them all
  • Hmm... it is good but also complete bull!

Some ppl decide to hold off not using citation to ff them and hurting. OTOH now ppl that did that get free rare cards
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a positive step in the right direction, thank you DB.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    makes me wish I'd cited mine now. :-( At least I can get more copies so that a big bonus.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Disregard this post. I am a nitwit.

r21z8gkg9vwc.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    makes me wish I'd cited mine now. :-( At least I can get more copies so that a big bonus.

This argument makes zero sense. If you'd cited them, you would have spent Honor (or citations that you'd purchased outright). By not citing them in the first place, you still have that Honor (or those citations). People who did cite them, have that Honor returned — thus placing them in exactly the same spot that people who didn't cite them are. So... what the heck are y'all griping about here??

Say I used 3 x 4* citations on Thot.
    I got 18,000x3 honor refunded today.
    Thot is still 4/4 in my inventory.

• It's not like any of these crew are OP. If you don't have them FF yet, you're not missing out on all that much...
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say I used 3 x 4* citations on Thot.
    I got 18,000x3 honor refunded today.
    Thot is still 4/4 in my inventory.

You're absolutely correct, of course. Just came back here to post an amended statement when I realized my error. D'oh. In my defense, I haven't had my coffee yet.

d9lsgl2t412m.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also gave free 4* citation(s). Given the choice, I'd way rather have the honor or even half the price back as honor. I should have tossed mine on a voyage-exclusive, but hindsight blah blah.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 200000 honour, which I immediately blew on 4 ledge citations.
    I nearly used my free purple citation on finishing Lucien... Buuuuuut I'll wait until he drops again.

I am biased, but I was happy
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's large BS that people who finished them all got more free honor than people who didn't BUT this is a case of who made off better than everyone else with NO ONE ending up "in the hole".... I'll take the fight of "who had the bigger win vs the next person" vs. what we've been dealing with lately any day of the week
  • Well done DB. This truly makes up for the sizeable amount of doubt many of us were having about our investment in the game. Truly, truly well done.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great job and exactly the right way to address this! It also raises the question of why this wasn't done for Yar.

This.

I applaud DB for handling the Voyage crew Honor refund in this manner.

However, my issue regarding Polywater Yar is still in limbo. It should have been handled the same way. Anyway, I don't want to rain on this parade, so I'll leave further Yargate comments for another thread.

Thank you, DB, for the honor refund on Voyage crew.

I'm in agreement. I paid $25 for a DYC, and I can't even get my CS rep to give me a citation or 50k honor for the Yar I purchased. I'm not looking for anything crazy, I honestly just want what I was told I was buying in the first place- a useful legendary crew.
  • I've encountered bad customer service before, and DBs is amongst the worst. 5 free crew slots? They give out 5 free crew slots every six months anyway... we knew it was coming. Crew slot sale? They have crew slot sales a few times a year.... none of this is good "customer service", its just how the game has been run for years. Getting a $10 coupon doesn't make up for ordering a $50 beef wellington with no beef! What kind of person would be fooled by such an obvious ploy?

Giving out 18K honour to people who bought citations for voyage crew just seems so random with all the unresolved issues....
  • Even though it is good things... again it is in overall bad ans this give advantage to certain players.

seems to me this is just a new controversy “voyage gate” in my opinion.
    I am still not done with polywater gate with CS and then now this.