Home The Bridge

Dancing Chekov Gift

Just wanted to say thanks for the copy of Dancing Chekov in my mail. Makes mine 2/5.

Comments

• Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, thanks for the gift. :)
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Makes me wish I had tried a little bit harder in his event now. But still, thanks!
  • Yes, thank you!

Who doesn’t like a nifty gifty in the morning. That is if it’s morning where you are.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holding mine until after Friday. {Unless I accidentally claim him early!!!!!}

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Yes, think you that was nice.
  • Thank you Db, gift appreciated.
  • I agree it was a nice touch. Thanks for the Chekov Db. The art on the card is great imho.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Bumps mine to 3/5, thanks DB.
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Woo hoo!!!
  • Thank you.
    (No.. No buts. Just thanks)
    :)
  • Almost a AngelAlmost a Angel ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Most appreciated, lets make this a Quarterly habit. Pretty Please with Bacon on top. :-)
    However I must concur with others that a Citation or Honor to go towards the crew of the players choice is the way to go, there by fulfilling individual needs for their gameplay.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, thanks. Just spent the last 10 minutes getting him to L100FE.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Thanks! Good stuff.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Indeed, thanks.

I have him 2/5 now. I'll work on him tonight while I'm making my wife watch TOS with me to celebrate the anniversary. ;)
  • Thank you DB! :)
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I was half thinking of getting rid of the one I had. But he's my only 5* Chekov and he's still triple stat.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Makes me wish I had tried a little bit harder in his event now. But still, thanks!
    Heh. It's second time for me after Archer. Though it's not like that either is useful at 2/5...
  • I would like to see them implement 5* Dancing versions of other characters since they give us free copies of all of them o:)
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From now on he will be known to me as Chekov covfefe, or Chekovfefe for short.
    No particular reason, other than it makes me smile.
  • Now kicking myself for backing off the throttle at the end of that event (rank 1108) to let someone else who wanted him to get him. I needed both 4 stars so I played for top 1500 LoL.
  • I appreciate the gesture but I'm thinking he was too recent of a character to hand out.

Maybe one of the older kirk/mccoy/Spock would have been a more appropriate choice.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 posts without someone screaming that theirs is 5/5 and they demand a different card or calling DB names because they didn't give something 'universally' usable?

I'm impressed.

Yeah. Where's that guy? Always a Francis!!!!!

3z3zSEA.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I’m positive they’ll soon be a slew of people yelling about this and wanting citations because of it an all, since this IS very close to what happened with the Mirror Picard Incident, but personally I’d like to say thanks! Makes my Chekov a 3/5, so I’m happy. Though next time you might consider the Mariachi Q route again, and give a crew that no one yet has instead of one that’s been out a while and will likely piss some whales off. Just sayin’.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • I’d prefer a 5* citation, honour, dilithium or some chrons... something I can really use... there I said it haha
  • [S14] Bri wrote: »
    I’d prefer a 5* citation

Between the two options a citation is definitely preferable.

Now that you mention it, why wouldn't DB just give us a citation? That would make 100% of the people happy. Giving out a 1/5 might not be for everyone (crew slot shortage, ppl not liking the crew, having the crew 5/5 already).

Wouldn't citations be the better move in the future?

• Well, it is an interesting choice. Newer character not yet in portals. One that a lot of people spent money and resources on only two-ish months ago. One that isn't terribly useful 1/5.

One, also, that a lot of people brought to 5/5 through the Independence Day packs free dil.

I personally busted my butt to get two copies in the very recent event in order to fully fuse him, so seeing him being given away for free is irritating - but he was already given away for free to every player that exploited the ID pack, so I guess it's not a huge deal.

Anyway, if DB is going the way of Mirror Picard on this, I hope everyone is enjoying their free Chekhov as global compensation for Polywater Yar.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!