Home The Bridge

Dancing Chekov Gift

Comments

• Yeah.. thanks, but I'd also prefer 5* citation. This Chekov will stay in my inbox for time being, just like EV Suit Archer and Will Scarlett because crew slots..
  • This is not comp for Poly water.
    If it is I'll never cash him in.

Its different then mirror Picard, Mp there was the promise that the event was the ONLY WAY EVER we would get him, short of a citation, elusive treasure our double up.

The Queen wasn't even in the portal yet and was no sign she would ever be.

This is nothing like that.
    This is closer to merry worf at Christmas.
    Let's not tangle this up more then needed
  • LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    Thankee kindly.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just thankful.
  • Ricky Nelson sang "You can't please everyone, ya got to please yourself". I always thought he was referring to **tsk tsk** personally but... It was a nice surprise gift from DB and I'm not complaining. I'll save that for something else. ;)
  • edited September 2018
    ByloBand wrote: »
    "52 years ago today, Star Trek debuted. To celebrate, we are giving you a crew who did not appear until season 2!"

All kidding aside, I think this is very cool :)

Wouldve made more sence to give away a free captain Pike for a number of reasonsv

1) he was from the real first episode
    2) we will be seeing more of Pike in disco
    3) he is readily available in the regular packs so it would sower it less if somebody already has him ff/fe

But of course the most important reason of all is that i like the character and it wouldve made my copy 3/5 stars :smiley:

But yes like the person i quoted above, kudos to db for the freebie.
  • ByloBand wrote: »
    Oh dear, seems the goodwill tour is over and the floodgates are beginning to open....

I don't think critical thinking is akin to goodwill leaving. Upthread I thanked DB.

Expanding on what Bri wrote is kind of like the evolution of a conversation.

Except that a forum post isn't a conversation since tone can't be transmitted via text, which can lead people interpreting how much goodwill or lack thereof is in a post.
    I personally busted my butt to get two copies in the very recent event in order to fully fuse him, so seeing him being given away for free is irritating

Yikes. You are the case which shows a citation being a better move. Out of curiosity, would there be a reason for DB not to wanting to gift citations vs 1/5 characters?
  • Well, the pilot of Pike was unaired until long after TOS went off the air (not counting The Menagerie of course). September 8th, 1966 was the premier and it was The Man Trap... wouldn't have been my choice. I'd have gone with Kirk's pilot. No doubt why we got Dehner this event. Hmm... Gary Mitchell would have been great since we got Dehner but who knows if Gary Lockwood would give a release.
  • Nice DB! Hope this is the beginning of mending bridges between you and us players. I know that we're celebrating the start of ST and DB has been very generous with showering us gifts even though they really didn't have to, but Chekhov is the ice cream with the cake. Hell, ice cream cake!(yum) Nice touch DB!
    Just wish everyone felt this way but I guess you can't satisfy everyone, even when you give them a free gift people still complain. 😔
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    In case no one put it together, they gave Dancing Chekov because he is dancing in celebration of 52 years

Ya, and Russian style at that. HEY!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A gif from the first JJ Abrams movie is in order where he says Yo my oo or something to that effect
  • Thanks DB! I hadn't been fortunate enough to have had Dancing Chekov drop in a Portal Pack yet, so receiving a Legendary character as a gift is much appreciated.
  • I airlocked mine no need for another 1/5 and it's a card I don't care for.
  • Mine made the 4th star on Checkov.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q Baker wrote: »
    I airlocked mine no need for another 1/5 and it's a card I don't care for.

Same here. Have plenty C/D/S at 5 stars. Don’t need one at 1

• *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello passengers, this is your Captain speaking. If you look out the left side of the ship you will see Dancing Chekov moon-walking his way across the stars.....don't mind his blueish tint............
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • I don't mind him, missed out in the event so all good really. I don't exactly have many Chekovs
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    "52 years ago today, Star Trek debuted. To celebrate, we are giving you a crew who did not appear until season 2!"

All kidding aside, I think this is very cool :)
    But yes like the person i quoted above, kudos to db for the freebie.
    Hooray, I've achieved person status! #Progress

;)

• Well, it is an interesting choice. Newer character not yet in portals. One that a lot of people spent money and resources on only two-ish months ago. One that isn't terribly useful 1/5.

One, also, that a lot of people brought to 5/5 through the Independence Day packs free dil.

I personally busted my butt to get two copies in the very recent event in order to fully fuse him, so seeing him being given away for free is irritating - but he was already given away for free to every player that exploited the ID pack, so I guess it's not a huge deal.

Anyway, if DB is going the way of Mirror Picard on this, I hope everyone is enjoying their free Chekhov as global compensation for Polywater Yar.

@eXo | SilverRose , here I was feeling a bit better thinking @Shan is finally doing something about Yargate, and you had to remind me of the ID packs!!! On well, I guess with so many bloopers, it’s hard to remember them all :)
  • Drone_one wrote: »
    Well, it is an interesting choice. Newer character not yet in portals. One that a lot of people spent money and resources on only two-ish months ago. One that isn't terribly useful 1/5.

One, also, that a lot of people brought to 5/5 through the Independence Day packs free dil.

I personally busted my butt to get two copies in the very recent event in order to fully fuse him, so seeing him being given away for free is irritating - but he was already given away for free to every player that exploited the ID pack, so I guess it's not a huge deal.

Anyway, if DB is going the way of Mirror Picard on this, I hope everyone is enjoying their free Chekhov as global compensation for Polywater Yar.

@eXo | SilverRose , here I was feeling a bit better thinking @Shan is finally doing something about Yargate, and you had to remind me of the ID packs!!! On well, I guess with so many bloopers, it’s hard to remember them all :)

That's what makes sports blooper videos so sellable.

You can watch a dude get yarked in the goal post 500 times and in 500 ways and it's always funny. Then ya watch the first one again... Still funny. Maybe even more so.

Its kinda like that, but in reverse.

• Drone_one wrote: »
    Well, it is an interesting choice. Newer character not yet in portals. One that a lot of people spent money and resources on only two-ish months ago. One that isn't terribly useful 1/5.

That's what makes sports blooper videos so sellable.

You can watch a dude get yarked in the goal post 500 times and in 500 ways and it's always funny. Then ya watch the first one again... Still funny. Maybe even more so.

Its kinda like that, but in reverse.

Only in many of these cases, WE are the ones running into the goal post, so it’s NOT funny. Lol, seriously, it’s not.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks I will guess though I would have preferred a admiral kirk
    DB: Do Better
  • I’ll take a free 5 Star, but the character isn’t the most exciting
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    [S14] Bri wrote: »
    I’d prefer a 5* citation, honour, dilithium or some chrons... something I can really use... there I said it haha

Lol, me too. Airlock. Sorry Mr. Dancer. Appreciate the thought though, DB.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I agree it is a bit of a strange one, I can only think that he might be a useful event crew soonish perhaps? They have done this with quite a few recent freebies Archer, Sarek, Q, Uhura (if you count her as a freebie).

I do still like the idea/gesture of them giving the occasional freebie legendary newer players may not be so blessed with legendaries so this gives a nice boost for them, perhaps it would be nice to have the option to exchange for citation for older players. Never hurts to try any way.

For me he is maybe marginal improvement to my dancing Uhura 1/5 but I am currently citing La Forge who is ranked 6th so may not get much use, but I'll keep him in my free slot with good ol' Will scarlet.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I'm happy to have it, but I think I'm going to let it sit a while. I just don't need another crew at this point.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    made mine 4/5 and my 3rd highest DIP for both base and combined... me likey
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's 2/5 for me (ranked for his first star), and he has now entered my "should I target him for citing him up?" pool of legendaries. At 1/5, he wasn't going anywhere soon. But with the stat jump from 2/5 to 3/5...? Hmm, maybe.