Home The Bridge

Is 3* Sisko an achievement only char?

Comments

• Is this version of Sisko non canon? I just noticed he only has 4 pips. Which means he’s a commander. But he was never bald as a commander. He grew the beard, then got promoted, then shaved his head. Seems odd to do that for this card.

Four pips is a captain. Three pips is a commander.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this version of Sisko non canon? I just noticed he only has 4 pips. Which means he’s a commander. But he was never bald as a commander. He grew the beard, then got promoted, then shaved his head. Seems odd to do that for this card.

Four pips is Captain not Commander (which is three)
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluetib wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Commanding Officer Sisko 3* is indeed limited.

Well, considering my steep honor debt, Mr. Sisko better prepare for the airlock... Oh well...

Easy spend ok 9k honor for me for a crew I can't get any other way.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

Well, considering my steep honor debt, Mr. Sisko better prepare for the airlock... Oh well...

Can't get any other way FOR NOW. If you have the slots it might be worth waiting, he'll be in the portal and voyages eventually
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm well short of completing the Inspiring collection so he's potentially useful there. I do have the crew slots and I'm willing to wait it out though.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    cmdrworf wrote: »

Can't get any other way FOR NOW. If you have the slots it might be worth waiting, he'll be in the portal and voyages eventually

Or keep him as an unclaimed achievement until he start dropping. That's what I'm doing.
  • Shan wrote: »

So to Fully fuse him we need to use 9k in honor as he will not be available from Dabo, event packs & voyages etc... @Shan
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭

So what exactly is the point of having a limited 3 star? other then trying to make us spend honor? seems silly to me, almost like having voyage only crew that are limited, so that they take up space, or again force people to buy citations only to reimburse it all later?

Db logic does not resemble normal earth logic lol
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »

So what exactly is the point of having a limited 3 star? other then trying to make us spend honor? seems silly to me, almost like having voyage only crew that are limited, so that they take up space, or again force people to buy citations only to reimburse it all later?

Db logic does not resemble normal earth logic lol

That is exactly the point. Make you spend honor so you'll have less honor and need to buy packs for other crew instead of using honor. What is the point of the 2* EMH in the honor hall? What's the point of the 1* Picard? They have no use in the game, it's just something to entice collectors to spend honor on.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, confirmation. 9K honour gone, one more frozen crew and... Ooooooh! Cryo collection milestone hit ..
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • no problems i'll keep him as an achievement reward till db changes their minds.
  • Thanks, now I can't unsee that!
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am shocked -- shocked! -- to see so many posts about this Sisko and hear no one mention the single most obvious thing about him.

giant-man-hands-gloves-thumb.jpg

His hands are the size of his feet.

Also his ship ability is misspelled...
  • Well Dominion will be "Suprised" :)
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    First: thank you Shan for taking the time to answer our question.

The art's not bad either (though, yeah, those hands), and has been hanging around unreleased since the earliest ads for this game. Which gives me hope that we'll one day see the unreleased Archer art on an official card: https://stt.wiki/wiki/File:Archer_PAX_East_2015.png

Holy crap! That's one suggestive Data!
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭

Second: folks, this is just a free card. A nice gift. It is not some devious plot to deplete your honor and compel you to buy more packs to fuse your extant crew. As this Sisko is in two collections, it's actually a decent use of your honor to fuse him.

A nice gift indeed. People should be pleased for free stuff instead of feeling entitled. Great attitude. *thumbs up*
  • It was a no brainer for me. Claimed, spent honour, immortalised and finished a collection.

A great reward if you ask me.
  • Then I can safely spend honor on him. Thanks for The Sisko by the way.
    Star Trek first season rankings from best to worst: DS9, TOS, ENT, VOY, TNG, TAS, ORV, DIS
  • Is this version of Sisko non canon? I just noticed he only has 4 pips. Which means he’s a commander. But he was never bald as a commander. He grew the beard, then got promoted, then shaved his head. Seems odd to do that for this card.

He is from season 4/early season 5 (before they got new uniforms in episode 10). And a Commander has 3 golden pips, a Capitan 4 golden pips. A Lieutenant Commander also has 3 pips, one of them is black though.
    Star Trek first season rankings from best to worst: DS9, TOS, ENT, VOY, TNG, TAS, ORV, DIS
  • The term "Commanding Officer" doesn't imply any specific rank. Anyone can be a "Commanding Officer". I know there are military/ex-military people here. They can confirm.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    muwoo wrote: »

Second: folks, this is just a free card. A nice gift. It is not some devious plot to deplete your honor and compel you to buy more packs to fuse your extant crew. As this Sisko is in two collections, it's actually a decent use of your honor to fuse him.

A nice gift indeed. People should be pleased for free stuff instead of feeling entitled. Great attitude. *thumbs up*
    If you think its a nice gift to spend 9k honor on card you probably wont use I say more power to ya;) I think it would be nicer, if they gave us the gift, and actually included it in portals? is that so beyond the pale of expectations? I think entitled is a bit harsh, guess its better then kissing butt;)
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    DeanWins wrote: »

If you think its a nice gift to spend 9k honor on card you probably wont use I say more power to ya;) I think it would be nicer, if they gave us the gift, and actually included it in portals? is that so beyond the pale of expectations? I think entitled is a bit harsh, guess its better then kissing butt;)

I'm not going to spend honor on him. Maybe I'll convert him to honor. The point is something was given freely. When I get a Christmas present I don't want I don't complain to the person that they have me a had gift. I'm appreciative that they thought to get me something. I may take it back to the store, I may use it, I may stuff it in a shelf and forget about it but I never take them to task over it.

I get your point;) Fortunately I have a much better relationship with the people I give and get Christmas presents from/to then I do with DB:) which you know is a business that takes my money;) So I think that analogy falls a bit short lol. I do appreciate a lot of what they do, but Im honest about it, I appreciate when they give sorry chrons, cause they are actually useful.. so yah Im not gonna blow smoke up their bums just cause they added a card, and gave us one copy. If you want too that is your choice;)
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    A few days ago we received this free gift.

pa8y7sla2lgv.png

Are you telling me we have to spend half of the honor we saved from this on another free gift?

This is an outrage!

Oops I thought that was the voyage extender ;) that was a great gift... still doesn't make the random 3* anymore useful thou.

I suppose also, if we want to bring up past gifts, how about that Mirror Picard, or The Yar Nerf... how great were those!