Home The Bridge

Is 3* Sisko an achievement only char?

13»

Comments

• Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Please don't post images of the free purple citation. It is a reminder to me that I accidentally used one on Antaak instead of on my 3/4 FE Mirror Phlox.
  • Cam Taliis wrote: »
    Please don't post images of the free purple citation. It is a reminder to me that I accidentally used one on Antaak instead of on my 3/4 FE Mirror Phlox.

Ouch. That **tsk tsk**. It's the sort of thing I'd contact CS about tbh. A genuine mistake
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Darxide wrote: »
    The term "Commanding Officer" doesn't imply any specific rank. Anyone can be a "Commanding Officer". I know there are military/ex-military people here. They can confirm.

Im not in the military though i have done extensive research on the ranking system and yes you are correct, (using navy as a comparison as its ranking is closest to the one used in star trek) an ensign can have a commanding officer of a lieutennient. Also say youve got a ship full lieutennients and only one ensign, all those lieutennients are that ensigns commanding officers.
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »

Ouch. That **tsk tsk**. It's the sort of thing I'd contact CS about tbh. A genuine mistake

Meh, too long ago by now. Besides, it was my own mistake for playing while distracted.
    I wouldn't really feel justified to go to CS over that.
  • edited September 2018
    No, the wording of gift is correct, it's something you didn't have before that they gave you for no cost. If you airlock him you now have gifted honor you didn't have before. No one is forcing you to keep or cite him... H
    e's just
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    No, the wording of gift is correct, it's something you didn't have before that they gave you for no cost. If you airlock him you now have gifted honor you didn't have before. No one is forcing you to keep or cite him... H
    e's just

Gee, thanks I really needed the word gift defined ;p who said it wasn't a gift? I simply said it was a crappy one, and I stand by it lol.
  • Yateball wrote: »
    I like how "gifts" here end up costing you slot space and citations.
    DB need to check what the word gift truly means.

No, the wording of gift is correct, it's something you didn't have before that they gave you for no cost. If you airlock him you now have gifted honor you didn't have before. No one is forcing you to keep or cite him... He's just a 1/3 freebie

gift
    noun
    1. a thing given willingly to someone without payment; a present.

You forgot to polish that gauntlet.
  • Is this version of Sisko non canon? I just noticed he only has 4 pips. Which means he’s a commander. But he was never bald as a commander. He grew the beard, then got promoted, then shaved his head. Seems odd to do that for this card.

He is from season 4/early season 5 (before they got new uniforms in episode 10). And a Commander has 3 golden pips, a Capitan 4 golden pips. A Lieutenant Commander also has 3 pips, one of them is black though.

I'm pretty sure this Sisko is from "The Way of the Warrior." The quote is something he said to Kasidy early in Part 1, when she mentioned all the maintenance work being done to the station.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldude wrote: »
    I liked my gift

Me too! It is very liberating to just accept a gift and be happy about it :)
  • edited September 2018
    Mine was, gotten, fused, fully equipped, and frozen within the first 12 hours of his release to those who had a unique name already...had to have him but i also didnt need him in my active roster.
  • Darxide wrote: »
    The term "Commanding Officer" doesn't imply any specific rank. Anyone can be a "Commanding Officer". I know there are military/ex-military people here. They can confirm.

Im not in the military though i have done extensive research on the ranking system and yes you are correct, (using navy as a comparison as its ranking is closest to the one used in star trek) an ensign can have a commanding officer of a lieutennient. Also say youve got a ship full lieutennients and only one ensign, all those lieutennients are that ensigns commanding officers.

Just being higher in rank does not make you someone's commanding officer. The Commanding Officer is the officer that is in command of a unit. In the Navy, that's generally the officer in command of the ship or base. On my submarine, my Commanding Officer only held the rank of Commander , but he was in command of the ship and therefore everyone's commanding officer. My department head was a Lieutenant Commander and the Chief Engineer, but he was not my Commanding Officer. On a small boat, you can have someone as low as a Lieutenant in command and they are the Commanding Officer.

In the Navy, if you are in command of a ship you are addressed as Captain regardless of your actually rank. If you are in command of a base or shore unit, you are only addressed as Captain if you hold the rank of Captain.