Home The Bridge

Ridiculous Vash 5*

Must every minor character be turned into a 5* Legendary?
What is next, the 5* Pakled?
"Make it go".

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any stats a Pakled could have would be extremely questionable. Although the main one seemed to be diplomatic enough to fool them, but Reginod certainly was no engineer
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would certainly be down for a Pakled card, though. Grebnedlog FTW!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pakleds were smart. They tricked the Enterprise and took their chief engineer hostage.
    Let’s fly!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    We want to be nothing if not persistent.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Make it go".

Everything must be a 5* because that is the natural result of how this game is designed. Once you have a few 4* and 5* crew, the 1* and 2* are pointless (except a few for cadet missions). Once you get a good number of 4 and 5* crew, the 3* become pointless (again, except a few female aliens for cadet missions). Once you have enough 5* crew, even at 1/5, there is no true reason to fight and pay for most 4* crew. Thus if DB wants money and if we want continuing gameplay, everything must be 5*. Sad, but true.
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    "Make it go".

Everything must be a 5* because that is the natural result of how this game is designed. Once you have a few 4* and 5* crew, the 1* and 2* are pointless (except a few for cadet missions). Once you get a good number of 4 and 5* crew, the 3* become pointless (again, except a few female aliens for cadet missions). Once you have enough 5* crew, even at 1/5, there is no true reason to fight and pay for most 4* crew. Thus if DB wants money and if we want continuing gameplay, everything must be 5*. Sad, but true.

While your logic seems to make sense I don't think everyone only cares about having the best crew. Some people who play this are simply collectors and would take anything you give them because it adds to the overall collection. Some, like myself, really like the characters and get certain ones for that reason alone. People with my mentality may not spend money to get weaker characters but I would think collectors would and I suspect collectors spend more money than the rest of us.
    You are right that collectors would want crew at any level. I have all the 1, 2, and 3 star crew immortalized and save all my 4* to eventually immortalize, regardless of usefulness. But I think the driving force in putting out 5* so often on such worthless crew is money. Personally, I think the game would be far better with 4 and 5* crew being literally super rare. Or better, if there were a cap on numbers or percentage of the various type of crew on a ship at a time. It is far too late for that, but how great if you truly had to choose?
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    I get you're talking about Vash as a character, but the rarity is actually logically even worse than you've suggested. In the Sherwood Forest frame of mind it's not that bad.... I could get on board with Marian, the Sheriff, and Robin Hood all being legendaries as they're the 3 focal points of the story. But there's the problem. We have Sheriff and Marian 5*, yet Robin Hood is for some insane reason only 4*, and then you've got Merry Man Worf a 5* for some reason while the other members of the posse are 4*'s

It really is a baffling thing to try to understand so you have to just go with it

Don’t forget Merry Men Crusher, who despite not even being based on an existing Robin Hood character (Will Scarlett, Friar Tuck) and barely doing anything of note in the episode, is ALSO a legendary.
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    I think we all have characters we think are more worthwhile than others. I don't think Vash is worthy of 4 stars but I do think Dathon is even though he's been in few episodes than Vash. He had strong character and was willing to put himself in a position that was quite possibly life threatening (it was!) all for the *chance* of good relations with a species that hadn't communicated well previously. He was able to change the relationship of his planet and the federation. Vash is a simple conman who Picard also thinks is kind of hot. Thus, in my opinion he could be a 4 star and she should only be like a 2 star. But someone else make think Dathon is an idiot for going down to a planet with a Predator on it and abducting a geriatric captain who doesn't speak his language so it's all just a matter of preference anyway.

Plus, DB has a lot more information than any of us on the forums. I think they do a good job and while maybe they go bigger-better to keep people spending money that is what keeps the game going. Since I dig the game I can live with some lame-o characters with 4 or 5 stars.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    muwoo wrote: »
    To add to that, one character I would really like to see is Dr Nichols, inventor of transparent aluminum. I'm certain I'm the only person playing this game who wants that. :)

Now that you mention it, I would not mind seeing a 3* or 4* Dr. Nichols. If nothing else, it would be a fun crew to collect for those of us who adore The Voyage Home.
  • muwoo wrote: »
    To add to that, one character I would really like to see is Dr Nichols, inventor of transparent aluminum. I'm certain I'm the only person playing this game who wants that. :)

Me as well, which is obvious by me putting an awesome for your post...except you can't see who did it of course. ;)
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Now that you mention it, I would not mind seeing a 3* or 4* Dr. Nichols. If nothing else, it would be a fun crew to collect for those of us who adore The Voyage Home.

My favorite of all the movies. :) It's fun and so dang quotable.

While I'm jumping the shark, George and Gracie saved the entire planet Earth so clearly they should be at least 4 stars.

And a one star of the woman who says "I think it's across the bay. In Alameda." That line never gets old.
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭

Me as well, which is obvious by me putting an awesome for your post...except you can't see who did it of course. ;)

aww shucks!
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    I personally thought Vash was fab - just because she wasn't in much didn't make her a minor character. She was a love interest of Picard, and for some reason the most powerful character in Trek took a personal interest in her and travelled with her. Worthy of a good card.

I liked her okay. Certainly more than a lot of other characters.
    Humpback Gracie has engineering.

Whales are way smarter than we thought.
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

While I'm jumping the shark, George and Gracie saved the entire planet Earth so clearly they should be at least 4 stars.

like this?

uufdzi8vbczh.png

I love you so much right now! :D:D
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    You should be able to merge a maxed George and a maxed Gracie like the Duras sisters. :)
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Get that overgrown dolphin some transparent aluminum so we can level her up!
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love you so much right now! :D:D

All credit to TGE Golga for his fine handywork
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    Gachapon mechanics can be hard to balance against a cast of a TV show. With a random gachapon, let's call it Tales of RPG Story (not a real name, I hope) they can just make up some random character called, idunno, Tinkerbell Mechanic, a fairy with healing and engineering stats, call it 5* (some of those games even have 6* and 7*) and call it a night, because there's no episode of a TV show for some guy to be like "Well, Tinkerbell Mechanic wasn't really as important to that plot as Lionhead Gladiator. Lionhead really ought to be the 5*, she should be a 3* at best."

For this specific card you're questioning, you've definitely got some people out there who would call this a worthwhile top tier card. I know of at least a couple people in my fleet who were ecstatic to see this card added. Is your dislike or overall belief in the importance or lack-thereof of this Vash or any Vash overall more important than theirs?

Additionally, the event system requires a 5* and two 4*s for people to compete for. Could they maybe make the reward a 5* citation instead of a 5* character? Might work as a rare, special event, but it's ultimately going to hurt their pocketbooks. Re-runs probably bring in significantly less money, too, so they've got to put out a new 5* character a majority of weeks. They can't all be home-runs for everyone, and the amount of planning needed to make sure everyone in an episode gets "the importance they deserve" would make releasing cards a nightmare. Can you imagine the number of 5* cards of various bridge crew we would need because they stared in an episode and shouldn't be the 4* when some other random person from that episode is a 5*?

Finally, add my name to the votes for Dr. Nichols, George, and Gracie.
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Neems wrote: »

Additionally, the event system requires a 5* and two 4*s for people to compete for. Could they maybe make the reward a 5* citation instead of a 5* character? Might work as a rare, special event, but it's ultimately going to hurt their pocketbooks. Re-runs probably bring in significantly less money, too, so they've got to put out a new 5* character a majority of weeks. They can't all be home-runs for everyone, and the amount of planning needed to make sure everyone in an episode gets "the importance they deserve" would make releasing cards a nightmare. Can you imagine the number of 5* cards of various bridge crew we would need because they stared in an episode and shouldn't be the 4* when some other random person from that episode is a 5*?

It would be neat if on receiving a reward you could choose between that character or a citation.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Maid Marian Vash isn't even in the top ten of "unworthy legendary cards" for me. She is more than an acceptable 5-star variant. Heck, she's not even the worst legendary choice from that episode.

And I have been requesting Dr. Nichols for years it seems like.

"Not NOW, Madeline!"
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes we need George and Gracie! We need Spot and Porthos too!
    Let’s fly!