Home The Bridge

Hailing Starfleet...

2»

Comments

• It's not only STT or based in one country. I'm not sure what the commonality is between people from different countries being unable to log into different games though.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    DNS servers share or swap information. This is how multiple DNS could have the same glitched record.
    The only reported issues is with virginmedia in the uk which suggests a DNS issue.
  • It will work on mobile data though but not wifi.
  • SMM wrote: »
    DNS servers share or swap information. This is how multiple DNS could have the same glitched record.
    The only reported issues is with virginmedia in the uk which suggests a DNS issue.

?? I'm from Canada, not on Virgin . Other players world wide are having this issue
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I’m enjoying the conversation around IP networking/load balancing, but there’s little point in speculating further. I think the answer lies there somewhere.

DB have never, and are unlikely to ever, reveal the technical issues behind this, so we’re unlikely to have our theories confirmed or denied.

If you’re reading this and deseperate to get back in game here’s a few suggestions:-

- If on phone, try turning off WiFi and use cellular/mobile data.
    - If you have a VPN service try using it.
    - If you have access to a different WiFi connection; eg at a cafe or a friends house, try that.
    - Try anything that connects via a different ISP.

- Pro-level: Try using a different platform; eg if you haven’t used Steam before, fire it up and see. Note down if the new DBID works but your normal login does not. ** Be careful not to lose access to your account! **
    Reboot the game before each attempt.
  • Agreed Admiral.

Do you know if there is a way to block seeing a specific users comments on the forum ?
  • I picked the wrong event to start using a macro :/
  • HonzaHonza ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    ... interesting. I'm unable to do anything with voyage but I can fight the skirmish now ... how is that possible?

EDIT: Stopped working two skirmishes later.
    Agreed Admiral.

Do you know if there is a way to block seeing a specific users comments on the forum ?

I’ve not investigated that.
    Why, are you trying to block me? 😉 I think we probably agree on this issue more than disagree, it’s just I know I haven’t got the will or patience to investigate and discuss further when DB won’t ever vindicate it with a transparent and detailed answer.
  • Agreed Admiral.

I’ve not investigated that.
    Why, are you trying to block me? 😉 I think we probably agree on this issue more than disagree, it’s just I know I haven’t got the will or patience to investigate and discuss further when DB won’t ever vindicate it with a transparent and detailed answer.

Lol not you Admiral :)
  • elemnteeelemntee ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I’m enjoying the conversation around IP networking/load balancing, but there’s little point in speculating further. I think the answer lies there somewhere.

DB have never, and are unlikely to ever, reveal the technical issues behind this, so we’re unlikely to have our theories confirmed or denied.

If you’re reading this and deseperate to get back in game here’s a few suggestions:-

- If you have access to a different WiFi connection; eg at a cafe or a friends house, try that.

- Pro-level: Try using a different platform; eg if you haven’t used Steam before, fire it up and see. Note down if the new DBID works but your normal login does not. ** Be careful not to lose access to your account! **

I've seen people from Canada, South America, UK, Netherlands all having problems logging into STT or other games but nobody from the US yet.

Edit - US too.
    elemntee wrote: »

I've seen people from Canada, South America, UK, Netherlands all having problems logging into STT or other games but nobody from the US yet.

I’ve seen a couple in the US with the issue. I’d encourage folks not to assume this has anything to do with country. In terms of networking, country is less of a consideration - there are usually multiple points in and out for data (unless you’re somewhere with extreme filtering, eg China or North Korea).
  • elemntee wrote: »

I’ve seen a couple in the US with the issue. I’d encourage folks not to assume this has anything to do with country. In terms of networking, country is less of a consideration - there are usually multiple points in and out for data (unless you’re somewhere with extreme filtering, eg China or North Korea).

If it's not country specific and not DB's fault ( put the pitchforks away) does that eliminate some possible faults and narrow down the actual cause?
  • It also only seems to be game apps, although I haven't searched around too much for other things being faulty, both Android and ios. Why would that be?
    It also only seems to be game apps, although I haven't searched around too much for other things being faulty, both Android and ios. Why would that be?

I’ve read reports from all platforms (android, iOS, Steam and FB). And from US, UK, Europe, where some can log in and play just fine, others in the same country cannot.

So I’m inclined to believe it’s not a platform or regional issue. Instead, it’s most likely a load balancing or internet routing problem.
  • elemntee wrote: »

If it's not country specific and not DB's fault ( put the pitchforks away) does that eliminate some possible faults and narrow down the actual cause?

What we need is comparison of DNS config and route between people it works for and people it won't work for.
  • Thanks.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    SMM wrote: »

?? I'm from Canada, not on Virgin . Other players world wide are having this issue

I meant to say "The only reported issues in the uk is with virginmedia which suggests a DNS issue"
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    The response will be swift...lol

vfox2uyvs712.jpeg

We have a player that has missed most of the event because of this issue.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Whatever it was is fixed for me now.
  • Same here
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    I have just logged in to both of my accounts, on 3 devices, uk virginmedia
  • ( Works for me now as well.)