Home The Bridge
Options

Random Friend Requests when competing in an event?

So, this is my first event where I am competing for a top spot and I keep getting random friend requests from people with no messages or anything. Is that normal? Does anyone know what that is about?

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is totally normal. From high level people and low level. I don’t understand why either cuz as you said, they done even speak and nor will they if you accept the request. They won’t ever in fact. I just go through the list every once in a while and remove anyone who hasn’t logged in in more than a day. And I did notice you up there. Keep it up man!!! I hope you win!
  • Options
    Keep going and never let someone know what your strategy is, questions will come, I believe.

Cross my fingers for you and rank #1!
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, got several of those. The closer to the top spot the more you’ll get, but anywhere in the top 50 occasionally gets them.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Yes it is totally normal. From high level people and low level. I don’t understand why either cuz as you said, they done even speak and nor will they if you accept the request. They won’t ever in fact. I just go through the list every once in a while and remove anyone who hasn’t logged in in more than a day. And I did notice you up there. Keep it up man!!! I hope you win!

Thanks, we will see what fails first, my supply of chrons or my wrist.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Thanks, we will see what fails first, my supply of chrons or my wrist.

Bring it home!! And the poster above is correct. People will aske you questions. DO NOT ANSWER THEM. They circle the poker table, see what everyone has, then tell everyone else so other top people can know if they will catch you or not. This is poker. Never reveal your hand until it’s over

• Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to admit, if i recognise the persons name from this forum I tend to add them as a friend (okay, there's been one B) ) I've had a few, they never asked me questions. I declined their request. Last skirmish 3 came through one day that had all different levels but all had the same avatar, Hugh, so maybe they just wanted to start a collective.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I occasionally message someone who is near me in the rankings of an event or a gauntlet to say "hi" or offer a compliment. Just an attempt to be friendly. Today, for example, I saw a guy one spot up from me on the gauntlet leader board and his bridge crew were four legendary Siskos, all immortalized. It was impressive. Wish I had such a collection. So I messaged him to compliment him. But who knows, maybe he thought I was trying to psych him out or something.

Not all messages/friend requests are about being hyper competitive.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I occasionally message someone who is near me in the rankings of an event or a gauntlet to say "hi" or offer a compliment. Just an attempt to be friendly. Today, for example, I saw a guy one spot up from me on the gauntlet leader board and his bridge crew were four legendary Siskos, all immortalized. It was impressive. Wish I had such a collection. So I messaged him to compliment him. But who knows, maybe he thought I was trying to psych him out or something.

Not all messages/friend requests are about being hyper competitive.

I bet he did think it was a psych out

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am totally sending you all friend requests now. Consider this my advanced notice B)

(Just kidding!....

...maybe ;) )
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woah triple post Banjo... I think you’re trying to psych me out 😜
  • Options
    I always accept them and write back something like "HI!" if it's a random person. They don't respond.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Woah triple post Banjo... I think you’re trying to psych me out 😜

Am I? Or am I? Or maybe I’m not. Or I could be. But it’s unlikely. Unless....
  • Options
    I got a message from someone about a week ago who saw me in the gauntlet and liked my in game name. (It tends to change from time to time.)
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a message from someone about a week ago who saw me in the gauntlet and liked my in game name. (It tends to change from time to time.)

This actually gives me an idea for a new thread, thank you!
  • Options
    I message captains who narrowly beat me in Gauntlet or who have bridge crew or captain names I like - I've always been a chatty so-and-so in Timelines since there was so little else to do back at the start!

When I get friend requests I answer with a Hello but mostly they don't actually reply. Although the in game chat is so unreliable they might be without my seeing it..
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Youse can has friends?
  • Options
    I get random friend requests all the time. There is never any message. I click on them to see if it’s a new member of the alliance. If it’s not I just reject it since they couldn’t be bothered to say something
  • Options
    I wouldnt know...never had the time to go all out for an event 😐
  • Options
    Friends? What are they?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    how many chrons does top 3 typically spend?
    it is mind boggling ppl spend so much resources for galaxy event for little in return
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    If people you don’t know are friending you in a Galaxy event and your near the top of the leaderboard they want to know how many event rares you have, if you’ve already turned them in, etc. all in an effort to beat you more often than not. maintain radio silence 😊 and good luck. I’ve also seen people beg you to let them or one of their friends win who is close to you in leaderboards . It’s really unbecoming.
  • Options
    ByloBand wrote: »

This actually gives me an idea for a new thread, thank you!

You're welcome
  • Options
    i think people do this to keep an eye on their ranks in the events.
    Friends can see if you're are online or not. I could help getting an idea wheter you're playing in the last hour of an event or wheter their position is reletively safe.
    Just my guess why it happens.
  • Options
    I get friend requests all the time whether I am near the top of the leaderboard or anywhere else. The same with being in UC. And, I have so many screenshots of proposals and offers....I could probably write a book ......*sigh*
  • Options
    I don’t think there is any strategy needed during the event itself except grinding and spending money.

Preparations before events are the critical ones:
    1. prefarm the galaxy items and do this for several months (i think top fleets have rotation and they select one or two people to complete weekly)
    2. You can prefarm the “wrong” items used by other galaxy events tho. So you can save the chrons instead although you wil be losing 240 chrons daily

So... Other than that there is no strategy during the event. Either you have the resources or you don’t. And of course you can spend $$$ to buy chrons that can help you to win.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just use the free ad warps and cadet challenges to farm while saving chrons
  • Options
    Yes if you do ads. But i agree with your other threads the new ads are super annoying. I have stopped doing ads for now
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VioletBlue wrote: »
    Yes if you do ads. But i agree with your other threads the new ads are super annoying. I have stopped doing ads for now

They are tough to get through but hey, over the course of a week a good amount of stuff can be accrued, especially when doubling up the cadet rewards
  • Options
    Agreed with the doubling. That's how I was able to hit the thresholds this week after using up my chronitons last week tapping lol
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one am not spending dough on the event, ore farming and saving for months? Yea