Home The Bridge
Options

What's the stupidest thing you've done (let's limit that to in game)

I've managed to purchase an event pack in error and feel a bit of a twit so puhlease cheer me up with your #stupidity stories. I'll also accept #drunkendebacles and #pocketpurchases

As well as tonight's misplaced button mashing, I remember when i first started playing I told my other half voyages were broken because i couldnt get them to work. i was putting them on before I went to sleep and didn't have a clue they were supposed to be recalled 😂😂
Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
Check out our website to find out more:
https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the purchase was truly in error, send in a ticket, CS will refund your purchase and remove the crew/honor. I'm sure someone is checking for abuse, but if it looks like it really is an honest mistake I've found CS to be pretty good about mistakes like that.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    If the purchase was truly in error, send in a ticket, CS will refund your purchase and remove the crew/honor. I'm sure someone is checking for abuse, but if it looks like it really is an honest mistake I've found CS to be pretty good about mistakes like that.

I have, I have flung myself upon their mercy, CS have always been alright with these stupid things I've done. Figured the worst that would happen would be that they say no 😊
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I accidentally airlocked the first legendary I ever got from an event, Grand Nagus Zek. That was before I knew about customer service.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first two weeks I ended up putting a lot of resources into leveling up my starter crew. I got 3 or 4 of them up to level 60 before I was forced to airlock them, I basically lost my first two weeks of this game.
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    Iinstalled it?
    ;)
  • Options
    Ditto wrote: »
    Iinstalled it?
    ;)

And i spent money on it.
  • Options
    Froze all my Disco crew including three @ 1/5 FE. :'(:D
  • Options
    As well as purchasing the wrong pack accidentally as you have I've also opened my screen to find that I've spent 150 Dilithium on chronitons while my phone was in my pocket. Which adds to the 19000 I already have nicely(!)

I also chased Zefram Cochrane in his Best Chance pack and came up with zero from 20+ pulls using up every scrap of dilithium I had saved for extra shuttles and slots plus all my Google credit from my birthday in the process.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    So...i can send 8 houe voyages shuttles with a breeze, easy peezy. But one day i though "bro...this is totally gonna make it to hour 10..." it made it to 9 hours 55 minutes, "ugh...well i have 4 srs so why dont i just keep it going, and go for colonel worf" so about 30 hours into it i finally get part 2 of the dilemma he drops from...but i hit choice a which doesnt lead to part 3!!
    6ebddjnn3gwh.gif
    So i said "well...im gonna go hit my head on a bulkhead and then keep it going so i can at least get guinan." Hour 48 i FINALLY got that dilemma and had her drop!

1 month later...

"So ive made a decision, I WANT WORF!!" so i do another 48 hour voyage and he drops, again at hour 48...but still, FINALLY!!

The moral of my story, watch what yer tapping, i might've gotten both of em in one 48 hour voyage instead of having to do two...all because i hit one wrong button!!
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    The event with Bajoran Dukat. Faction event, we were only getting 3 copies. I used honor to FF Dukat. Then for some reason (temporary insanity) I decided I wanted to FF my Trader Odo using event packs, who was at 2/4. I figured buying the $9.99 offer was the best deal to try and FF him, instead of just trying event packs. Bought the $9.99 offer, got the guaranteed copy, took him to 3/4. Then BOTH of the included event packs had Bajoran Dukat. Two copies, trashed. 18,000 honor, minus what I recapped from the packs, wasted.

Trader Odo, still not FF after that event. (He is now.)
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    I accidentally used that free purple citation they handed out recently on Antaak instead of 3/4 FE Mirror Phlox, because I was playing while distracted. Then got Antaak from packs a few times.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spending like 1,000 chrons farming for some ** PADDs then chucking them in the replicator.....
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woke up this morning to read these and now I feel much better 😁
  • Options
    Kaitee wrote: »
    I did once use loot boosts instead of time boosts on my shuttles while I was doing the kickstart at the beginning of a faction event. This wasn't that long ago, so the whole kickstart thing had become a routine I didn't really need to think about as I was doing - I sat there for a good minute looking at the time remaining, instead of the shuttle completing in zero seconds, trying to work out why I felt like something had gone wrong.

So you had to wait 6 hours and 1 minute to get 4VP? That's gotta hurt...
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you had to wait 6 hours and 1 minute to get 4VP? That's gotta hurt...
    Not quite so drastic, I usually let the 1min shuttles play out (what with timezones the event's already been going a few hours by the time I wake up, so it's not like every seconds counts), these were the 1.5hr ones. In any case I poured some dilithium in to get the shuttles back, so it wasn't any great loss in time, it was just a good ol' Pakled moment when I realised what I'd done.
  • Options
    Bought 10 crew slots because I had a crisis atm, literary a day before we got 5 for free and a slot sale.
    Not so stupid perhaps, but very frustrating..
  • Options
    I somewhat routinely will complete a voyage, collect rewards, complete shuttle missions, and then start and crew at least one new shuttle before remembering I should probably put my best people on the voyage instead.

I do that all the time!! 😀
  • Options
    Yeap