Home Ready Room
Options

What are your strategies for the game?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not everyone is aware of this, so here's a juicy little tidbit, with thanks to DB for providing it to us. For those of you using your phone to play the game, would you like to get DOUBLE the chroniton rewards for your cadet missions? I know it doesn't work on pc's and macs, and I'm not sure how it works on tabs, but I use my iPhone and can use my ad bonuses to earn double the chroniton rewards, every time, so long as the ad bonus is available. So every three days or so you can use 6 cadet missions to earn you up to 300 extra chronitons per day. Here's proof:

dtd8y1o0vtz4.jpg

This is particularly advantageous on Thursdays for getting double the shuttle boost rewards, or when farming for a specific item. For example, I've been playing a specific mission every MWF during the current mega event to farm 0* holoprograms, and then doubling the rewards with this new ad feature. It's very helpful.

I use them for this, especially Thursdays as you've said.

My OH hasn't finished the cadet challenges yet and he's planning on doubling the rare portal pulls you earn from certain nodes. Kinda sad I finished mine months ago 😢
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not everyone is aware of this, so here's a juicy little tidbit, with thanks to DB for providing it to us. For those of you using your phone to play the game, would you like to get DOUBLE the chroniton rewards for your cadet missions? I know it doesn't work on pc's and macs, and I'm not sure how it works on tabs, but I use my iPhone and can use my ad bonuses to earn double the chroniton rewards, every time, so long as the ad bonus is available. So every three days or so you can use 6 cadet missions to earn you up to 300 extra chronitons per day. Here's proof:

dtd8y1o0vtz4.jpg

This is particularly advantageous on Thursdays for getting double the shuttle boost rewards, or when farming for a specific item. For example, I've been playing a specific mission every MWF during the current mega event to farm 0* holoprograms, and then doubling the rewards with this new ad feature. It's very helpful.

I use them for this, especially Thursdays as you've said.

My OH hasn't finished the cadet challenges yet and he's planning on doubling the rare portal pulls you earn from certain nodes. Kinda sad I finished mine months ago 😢

It's generally a good idea to ad double rare rewards once you've unlocked all the optimal basic resources nodes. I try for instance to ad double:
    - my first run of any mission
    - 1* and 2* faction items
    - most 2* items if i can get several
    - any 2*+ item that requires crafting (eg wine or something)
    - annoying to get items like medical experiments or holoprograms
    - ship schematics for arena

Star chart progression is significantly slower once you start doing that so early on this isn't a good strategy, but once you have the resources you need it saves a lot of chronitons. It's particularly interesting to do while you're saving for an event since you don't want to spam missions and just do your dailies instead. The tricky part is finding some cheap enough rare node to double.
  • Options
    I've used doubling to get double the honor on some rare reward nodes on later episodes.
  • Options
    Grind the heck out of Skirmish events. I got so much honor that I immortalized my Alternate Jadzia Dax today. I used a citation at the beginning of the mega-event (when we learned that Minuet wasn't worth one).
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grind the heck out of Skirmish events. I got so much honor that I immortalized my Alternate Jadzia Dax today. I used a citation at the beginning of the mega-event (when we learned that Minuet wasn't worth one).

Totally agree about doing as much as you can with a skirmish event. Time is the more limiting factor than anything else. I was able to level up three crew this weekend, rank 534, and ended up with nearly as many chrons as when I started. The reinforcing feedback loop between chronitons and intelligence make this worth doing (as long as you have the time to kill).
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    As a f2p patience is key.

First improve the voyage crew and fill the gaps in skill combos - run voyages al the time for crew, crons and rations. Second grind like crazy in the skirmish events. Third run the gauntlet all the time as a merit farm . Last airlock all the 3/4 super rares from events and focus on legendary citations to be used on top crew.

I used the dil from achievments in order to purchase the last 2 shuttle bays and crew slots.

30.000 honor a week is pure fantasy if you are not a whale. Let's count - 200 a day from daily targets plus 570 a day from fleets is 23.000 honor a month. Voyages bring let's say 600 honor average if you are hitting 8 hours, let's say 2 voyages a day and 37.000 honor a month if you airlock everything. Skirmish events are 15.000 honor tops if you hit the pedal to the metal. If you airlock the 2 merit pulls a day from dailies and gauntlet it's another 400 honor a day or 12.000 honor a month ( not always doable because one needs transmissions ). Airlock also the 3/4 superrares form event for 600 honor a pop and Minuet for 2200 rest is pure rng.

Focus on legendary event crew good in faction events like Alternate Jadzia or exotic combos like Reverend Phlox. And remember power creep is your friend :)