Home The Bridge
Options

New Event Reward Changes

What does everyone think of the new event reward system? Personally, I hate it and hope that if enough players complain, they will change it. (What is this DB: DB 4, 5 or something?!??!)
“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
Captain Level 99
Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

New Event Reward Changes 158 votes

I like the new changes!
18% 29 votes
I don’t like the new changes!
38% 61 votes
Mixed feelings
34% 55 votes
Other
8% 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    Terrible idea in my opinion, it means if you have to miss an event one week due to having a personal life it messes you up for the weeks to come, like a domino effect.

Miss week 1, stops you from been competitive week 2 and means you need to work extra hard to catch up in time for week 3 and means all the work you did in week 0 were for something you haven't used and may not use again until the re-run.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible idea in my opinion, it means if you have to miss an event one week due to having a personal life it messes you up for the weeks to come, like a domino effect.

Miss week 1, stops you from been competitive week 2 and means you need to work extra hard to catch up in time for week 3 and means all the work you did in week 0 were for something you haven't used and may not use again until the re-run.

Well if skirmish is in week 2 nothing is stopping you from being competitive.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I've already got a headache just looking at it. TR in Megas needs to be the way it was before to be fair for EVERY player. Not just the whales or people that can throw $$ to chase legendary cards that give them an advantage over the next week's event.
    Downright sneaky to make $$ DB!

EDIT: A couple of other players just posted an idea to make the mega legendary in a higher TR like the 130000 bracket or so. I would be cool with this. At least I wouldn't have to buy packs
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it for mega events, but I do have a few questions:

1. How do we get the 5* featured in part-1? Will it be pack-only? A threshold reward? A community reward?

2. Will there be a 5* ranked reward crew for the final part of the mega event, since there is no 'next part'?
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I like it for mega events, but I do have a few questions:

1. How do we get the 5* featured in part-1? Will it be pack-only? A threshold reward? A community reward?

2. Will there be a 5* ranked reward crew for the final part of the mega event, since there is no 'next part'?

the answer to 1 is that Nog will be pack only, Shan said so in a reply on the official feedback thread

no answer on 2 as of yet
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I think about, I believe this is all a ploy to reduce the number of events that players skip or go threshold-and-out in, in addition to trying to increase the number of packs sold for crew that are suddenly much more 'needed' for the next event (instead of just sitting unlevelled at 1/5 in crew quarters).
  • Options
    I have won several event crew for placing top 1000. Those crew are just sitting at level 10, because there was no reason to level them once the event was over. This will give me a reason to level them. But, it just throws one more card into a pile that I have to level. I already have 6 holograms to FE this week, and will have to add whoever they announce Friday for next week.

Just another reason not to buy the $25 crew they put on sale Monday for the event. That would be someone else I would have to level.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's got potential, but is half arsed and incomplete. But so far the longer it's had to simmer the worse my opinion has gotten.
  • Options
    It works only if the next event is revealed in its entirety, all crew, stats (including preferably ship stats) and what type of event it is. The beauty of the current structure is we can choose how to play based on who's in it and what type of event it is. Resources and time guide our decisions. If we have a flow on to the following week it's an additional layer of complexity, made insanely difficult if we are going in blind.

At the moment, it's still a no for me, and I'm usually keen for changes. Maybe I'll change my mind when it goes ahead, maybe I won't. I want the game to be fun, not a mildly stressful chore.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Gotta say as a monthly card only player i like it. I won't ever buy event packs so the only way i might ever have a 5* event crew is if i got top 1k on the prior event (which is still unlikely). The real issue is how stingy the rewards are generally. Each bracket of the top should be broader except for perhaps 1st getting a FF 5* toon. Say instead of 1000 to 1500 getting the 4* FF maybe go to 2k or at least 1750 or better yet not getting 3/4 from your 130k but be able to get the 4th star say with a personal vp of 250k.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted Mixed Feelings because the communication about how this change will work is so unclear.

I need DB to lay it ALL out in clear and precise detail with multiple relevant examples so that we can be assured to comprehend it and give proper feedback.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorozar wrote: »
    Gotta say as a monthly card only player i like it. I won't ever buy event packs so the only way i might ever have a 5* event crew is if i got top 1k on the prior event (which is still unlikely). The real issue is how stingy the rewards are generally. Each bracket of the top should be broader except for perhaps 1st getting a FF 5* toon. Say instead of 1000 to 1500 getting the 4* FF maybe go to 2k or at least 1750 or better yet not getting 3/4 from your 130k but be able to get the 4th star say with a personal vp of 250k.

I’m with you 99% as I’m in the same boat EXCEPT I use the saved monthly DIL to do event pack pulls for faction only events or skirmishes to try to avoid the dreaded 3/4 character hogging a crew slot. This means I occasionally luck out and get the event 5* to use in the event but this rarely happens as Inusually only save enough for 2-3 pulls between faction events. Never do it for hybrid or galaxy as the community gives me the final 4*.

I agree about the stingy brackets but I’m not sure why you think too 1000 is such an impossible thing. I’ve been playing two years so I have a pretty decent crew (especially all the Mega event 4/5 who I always cite up to 5/5) and find that top 1000 isn’t that hard for a monthly card player in virtually every event type every week (ie, not saving up for a run every once in a while but placing top 1000 every week).
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted Mixed Feelings because the communication about how this change will work is so unclear.

I need DB to lay it ALL out in clear and precise detail with multiple relevant examples so that we can be assured to comprehend it and give proper feedback.

Take the last four events as an example, they would have been...

Education is Power
    Rewards
    5* Elizabeth Dehner (ranked)
    4* Mirror Keiko (threshold)
    4* Mirror K'Ehleyr (ranked)

Event Crew for bonuses (plus variants)
    5* Professor Sato (who would have been a reward in Life, Liberty and the Pursuit)
    4* Mirror Keiko
    4* Mirror K'Ehleyr

A Changeling in Time
    Rewards
    5* Maid Marian (ranked)
    4* Army Chaplain Odo (threshold)
    4* Antaak (ranked)

5* Elizabeth Dehner
    4* Army Chaplain Odo
    4* Antaak

A Valdore Too Far
    Rewards
    5* The Prophet (ranked)
    4* Commander Donatra (threshold)
    4* Kal-if-fee Spock (ranked)

Event crew for bonuses (plus variants)
    5* Maid Marian (ranked)

Family Tree 2
    Rewards
    5* Tucker-On-The-Ropes (ranked)
    5* Mirror T'Pol (threshold)
    4* Lt. Valeris (ranked)
    4* Disguised Tuvok (threshold)

5* The Prophet
    5* Mirror T'Pol
    4* Lt. Valeris
    4* Disguised Tuvok
  • Options

Take the last four events as an example, they would have been...

Education is Power
    Rewards
    5* Elizabeth Dehner (ranked)
    4* Mirror Keiko (threshold)
    4* Mirror K'Ehleyr (ranked)

5* Professor Sato (who would have been a reward in Life, Liberty and the Pursuit)
    4* Mirror Keiko
    4* Mirror K'Ehleyr

A Changeling in Time
    Rewards
    5* Maid Marian (ranked)
    4* Army Chaplain Odo (threshold)
    4* Antaak (ranked)

5* Elizabeth Dehner
    4* Army Chaplain Odo
    4* Antaak

A Valdore Too Far
    Rewards
    5* The Prophet (ranked)

5* Maid Marian (ranked)

Family Tree 2
    Rewards
    5* Tucker-On-The-Ropes (ranked)
    5* Mirror T'Pol (threshold)
    4* Lt. Valeris (ranked)
    4* Disguised Tuvok (threshold)

5* The Prophet
    5* Mirror T'Pol
    4* Lt. Valeris
    4* Disguised Tuvok

How do you know Mirror T'Pol gets a bonus?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    As said already, for this to work we need access to the first week's 5* from something other than packs, but more importantly we need to know the stats for the following week's crew before the first event starts.
    It just adds an extra layer of complication to planning our tactics and just smells of a cash grab by DB.
    What other possible benefit is there to doing this ?
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    How do you know Mirror T'Pol gets a bonus?

Because it's a rerun event and she's the old 5* event crew? (the repeat 5 is always event crew)
  • Options
    Gives you two more days to fully equip and use replicator credits to fully equip event legendary. Then when packs are released you can fuse them up and be ready at the start of event! I like it!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted "yes", but my heart wasn't in it. On an incredibly detached level it kind of made sense, but I am never competing for those top rewards so it doesn't affect me. That being said, now that I've thought about it more, this is the kind of rule change that will make it much harder for people like me to ever compete for top rewards...

...this is the kind of rule change that feels designed to keep the powerful in power, rather than opening a door for others. I would change my vote to "no" were I able.
  • Options
    Of all the changes the reward table needed, this was not it!
    Confusing, potentially expensive in both cash & lost strategy, & tone deaf to the requests the players has been asking (almost begging) for, for some time now.

Must be Friday at DB head office...
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed feelings as we don't know what we are actually playing for. DB needs to release the following weeks crew stats at the start of the current Event cycle. I am sure that they can do this, as at that point the gold presumably is already in game?

It is nice for those competing for the top spots to get something for their efforts (rather than having a dupe crew or air locking their event winnings) however this change only really benefits the top spenders as they can get the following gold crew a week earlier.

Presumably this is going to impact sales, as if I already have the gold character Whales will just honor citate them in a bid to be ftm.

I really don't get it.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    IT'S ABOUT TIME!!
  • Options
    Vreenak9Vreenak9 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    first of all, i like the new idea. If I make it into the top 1000, i have a new character for the next week event. Thats pretty nice. But i unterstand the concernces that I don't know what I get. In German we say "Die Katze im Sack kaufen" I guess the right translation is "buy a pig in a poke"
    But I agree that we have to wait, how it works.
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Options
    I have mixed feelings regarding it. I get why they are doing it and there are some slight advantages to this system but it does reek havoc on a lot of other things. Some of it could have been mitigated with a larger change to the reward structure.
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    Guess that means I don't even bother with events again ... More free time for other games! Cool!
  • Options
    I never get the ranked 5*, so it doesn't matter to me which one they put there.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I have decided I don't care. Its not going to change how I play. If I like the crew, I will place in the top 1000. This just means I'll have an advantage in the following event. If I don't like the crew, then I won't bother. I will be at a disadvantage in the following week's event but if I really want top 1000 I can easily do it without spending a dime.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    So for those of us who push for top 1000, you’re gonna get a 5* to use in the following event. How is that not an improvement. I’m all for it. I’ll reserve my final judgement until I’ve actually tried it, rather than throw my toys out of the buggy in a screaming fit.