Home Ready Room
Options

Airlocking Time II: The Wrath of Slots

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in Ready Room
While recent slot sales provided a month or two of relief, space has once again grown scarce on the flagship. Welcoming opinions on who should go out the lock and who should stay, or even get leveled up and fully equipped:

These are the Super-rares on my roster who are going EVA. All are 1/4 and level 1 (or so):

Assimilated Tuvok
COP Founder Archer (V)
Detective Dixon Hill
Disguised Chakotay (E)
Dr. Crusher (V)
EV Suit Tucker (V)
Gabriel Bell (P)
Marshal of France Q (V)
Mirror Janeway
Prisoner O'Brien (V)
Sheriff Worf (V)

Currently In Overdraft:
Cadet Wesley Crusher (E)
Forra Gegen (P)
Lon Suder (P)
Tash (P)
Tuskegee Mayweather (P)

Recently Airlocked:
Commander Ellen Landry
Cadet Wesley Crusher (V)
Doctor Chapel (V)
Drafted McCoy (V)
Fesek (V)
Klingon Neelix (V)
Mirror Sisko (V)
Mirror Vic Fontaine
Mirror Garak (V)
Resistance Shakaar
Sybok

Keeping:
Temporal Agent Seven (P)
Cyrus Redblock (V)
Ardra
Undercover O'Brien (V)
Nexus Kirk

(V: Voyage Drop, P: Portal Drop, E: Event)

If any of these in particular should be kept, do let me know why you think so.

Thanks and cheers!

(Please note: I've frozen every crew I care to freeze, maintaining an immortalized skeleton crew of 7 for cadet challenges and only 2 FFFE super-rares for voyages/skirmishes/gauntlet, so please let's not go down the road of debating the relative merits of delaying airlocking for another week or two by freezing them, which would deprive me of far more than it would benefit.)
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuse my cluelessness, but what does your (P) and (V) stand for?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of your listed crew have any use at 1/4 ... you can airlock 'em all.

Note
    - Cyrus Redblock has the Hologram trait ... I'd hold on to him until the Hologram event is over, who knows, he might be event crew in one of the remaining 3 events. If he's not, ditch, as he's also super irritating to equip.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd Keep the Main Cast crew, so Tuvox, Dixon Hill, McCoy, Janeway, Odo, etc as a baseline, but if your desperate for slots you can safely airlock them.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »

- Ardra
    Has Arena use (a must-have for Captain division).
    I'd not call her a "must-have" for the Arena unless I'm missing something?
  • Options
    I agree with getting rid of Ardra, Mirror Sisko and Cyrus Redblock (after the holodeck mega in case he's event crew).

Fesek - horrible stats, useful for nothing but the collection. easy option imo.

Drafted Mccoy and Dixon Hill both have terrible stats, and are useful only during relevant events where they're main crew or MAYBE variants (small bonus) because of their weak stats depending on strength of your crew.

Landry's stat's are too evenly distributed to be strong in shuttles and she's at best average super rare for voyages, but would be useful if your SEC voyage crew is weaker. Discovery does not get too much attention in this game though.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks like a pretty good airlock list. Ardra is useful (but I would not say “critical”) for the arena and, depending on the number of 5* COM/DIP crew you have, Cyrus Redblock could be useful in voyages when FF’d. As already mentioned, Redblock is a metric PITA to equip, so if his doubled 1/4* stats aren’t likely to put him on a shuttle you could dump him without hesitation.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Excuse my cluelessness, but what does your (P) and (V) stand for?
    Oh, sorry, that’s just my personal record keeping artifact for where they dropped from (pull, Voyage, event, etc...)
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »

- Ardra

You could be right ... but if I check all the top ranked in Captain many have her, so I'd say she is of some benefit (currently all top 10 ships have her on board ... 9 have Undercover O'Brien). She's on Borg Sphere 878

Like I said, haven't paid much attention to Arena up till now, just the 5 daily matches. I've taken it as a goal to start getting some Arena crew back on my roster after the mega-event (e.g. Ardra, Mirror Leeta and T'Mir etc. are frozen - O'Brien is 3/4 FE) and start ranking up a bit. A bummer that I have all ships maxed for all divisions until January.

Finally ... just picked up my first Trader Odo on a Voyage (heh, what are the odds?) so will level and equip, we'll see how handy he is.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

- Ardra

You could be right ... but if I check all the top ranked in Captain many have her, so I'd say she is of some benefit (currently all top 10 ships have her on board ... 9 have Undercover O'Brien). She's on Borg Sphere 878

For reference, this is her ship skill when equipped to ANY battle station:

"I Pity You"
    - Boosts Accuracy by 4 (+7 when Fully Fused)
    - Initialize 6s, Cooldown 12s, Duration 12s
    2 Uses per Battle
    Bonus Ability: +18,000 to Crit Bonus
    Equipment Bonus (at lvl 100):
    Accuracy 600
    Crit Bonus 325
    Crit Rating 695
    Evasion 425

• Options
    Ardra is awesome. I use her at skirmishes.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Updated list of potential airlock fodder. Any thoughts? Doctor Chapel may not ever step foot in the ship, but as for the rest, I'm not sure who else should walk the virtual plank. Maybe Landry as we likely won't see her in season 2?

Assimilated Tuvok
    Commander Ellen Landry
    COP Founder Archer (V)
    Detective Dixon Hill
    Doctor Chapel (V)
    Gabriel Bell (P) (Overflow)
    Mirror Garak (V)
    Mirror Janeway
    Nexus Kirk
    Prisoner O'Brien (V)
    Sheriff Worf (V)
    Undercover O'Brien (V)

And I decided to keep Ardra for ship battles, as her crit bonus replaced Ambassador Spock's, who I was then able to freeze.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The various captains come up often in events. Also O'Brien is useful. And Worf comes up a lot. Tough choices.
    So, if you had to pick one O'Brien... a Keiko's Choice, if you will....

• Options
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Updated list of potential airlock fodder. Any thoughts? Doctor Chapel may not ever step foot in the ship, but as for the rest, I'm not sure who else should walk the virtual plank. Maybe Landry as we likely won't see her in season 2?
    Assimilated Tuvok
    Decent in the arena, main cannon crew
    Commander Ellen Landry
    Pretty decent in the Gauntlet though not as good as Locutus. Probably wouldn't miss her if she decided to take a long spacewalk.
    COP Founder Archer (V)
    Detective Dixon Hill
    Doctor Chapel (V) (Overflow)
    Gabriel Bell (P) (Overflow)
    Mirror Janeway
    Nexus Kirk
    Prisoner O'Brien (V)
    Sheriff Worf (V)
    Undercover O'Brien (V)

Chapel is rubbish, she can go. The others are ok and main cast crew so I would keep them if you can

And I decided to keep Ardra for ship battles, as her crit bonus replaced Ambassador Spock's, who I was then able to freeze.[/quote]

• Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Just pulled a second star on Undercover O'Brien via an elusive Basic Pull Behold, so he's granted a reprieve and off the list. Chapel is definitely destined for the final frontier.

I don't have Locutus, so may have to give Landry another look. Though, I tend to go Mirror Picard for my Com/Sec/Sci gauntlet needs (like a hundred thousand other people) and some combination of Admiral Riker/Mirror T'Pol.

As for the rest of my 1/4s, still need to identify who would be best to Major Tom next when another 3/4 comes along.

EDIT: And now I've added a 1/4 Mirror Garak.
  • Options
    His stats are pants so can safely enjoy a nice space walk.

• Options
    His stats are pants so can safely enjoy a nice space walk.

Even in a Mirror Event or Garak event, a 2x bonus on his skills is mediocre at best.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    As incongruous as the suggestion sounds but Nexus Kirk can go.
    I've never used my 1/4 Nexus Kirk in an event he was bonus for, granted I have a few Gold KIrk's but his stats are bad for shuttles and is pretty mediocre for gauntlet and voyages well, he needs to be FF there too to be any use.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    As incongruous as the suggestion sounds but Nexus Kirk can go.
    I've never used my 1/4 Nexus Kirk in an event he was bonus for, granted I have a few Gold KIrk's but his stats are bad for shuttles and is pretty mediocre for gauntlet and voyages well, he needs to be FF there too to be any use.

Most super-rare crew are not going to be useful for events unless they're FF, and thus should not be levelled until they reach that point (unless you're a fairly new player so partially fused super rare crew will contribute in a weak area of your crew stats). I would agree though if you're tight for slots and need to start considering main crew to airlock, Nexus Kirk would be a good option. Detective Dixon Hill also as horrible stats and should be considered for the same reason.

Personally I'd also consider airlocking a 2/4 or perhaps even 3/4 non-main crew over a 1/4 main crew when you're starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel like this. If you've got crew like Orion Slaver, APU 3947, Colonel Karr, Gorn Captain, etc, these crew have very low odds of being event crew (you might miss out on ONE event if that), and are very likely to be immediately frozen once you've got them finished so their value is low. Even most of the voyage only crew have very limited use except The Clown and Jannar.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I agree with others above and would airlock in this order:
    1. Doctor Chapel
    2. Landry
    3. Nexus Kirk
    4. Dixon

By the way, I have three of these four immortalized, and they just sit in the freezer. The fourth one - Chapel -- is in my crew quarters, but she's on the edge of getting airlocked. I'm almost out of room myself.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    1. Doctor Chapel
    2. Landry
    3. Nexus Kirk
    4. Dixon

By the way, I have three of these four immortalized, and they just sit in the freezer. The fourth one - Chapel -- is in my crew quarters, but she's on the edge of getting airlocked. I'm almost out of room myself.

I agree with this. Dixon got thawed out for an event or two recently and I am sure I did the same the last time Nexus Kirk qualified for an event but they are all freezer/airlock fodder otherwise. Landry is an acceptable gauntleteer if you don’t have a better SEC option.
  • Options
    1. Doctor Chapel
    2. Landry
    3. Nexus Kirk
    4. Dixon

I agree with this. Dixon got thawed out for an event or two recently and I am sure I did the same the last time Nexus Kirk qualified for an event but they are all freezer/airlock fodder otherwise. Landry is an acceptable gauntleteer if you don’t have a better SEC option.

I want to say even as full event crew Dixon didn't even make a shuttle for me.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    1. Doctor Chapel
    2. Landry
    3. Nexus Kirk
    4. Dixon

I want to say even as full event crew Dixon didn't even make a shuttle for me.

With a triple bonus his DIP is over 1800, not including starbase/collection bonuses. In his event, The Big Sting, that’s equal to what a 5/5* Locutus gets with the double bonus and only a little less than immortalized versions of Disguised Kira, Enterprise-E Picard, and COP Founder Picard. Nobody else should have been able to displace him, as Professor Sato wasn’t released yet.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all, for the advice. The order of disposal suggestions are particularly helpful. Barring a miracle drop on one of my FE3/4s, it seems I need two more slots freed up, for Prince Bashir and the upcoming 3/4 Penk, so that helps. Will wait to see what next week's event is before culling a little bit tomorrow.
  • Options
    **image of awesome 'airlock' sweatshirt that I can't quote due to being new to the forums**

OMG I need this in my life!!! :)

And I've had a good read through all the suggestions here, and am still lost with who I need to keep and who I can space.

I know it'll come in time, but for a new(ish) player, I'm really just focusing on Super Rares and Legendaries. Everyone Gray and Green get immediately spaced and Blues are upgraded depending on need.

After reading some of the comments here though, I think I need to re-think my whole 'airlock' policy. lol
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    With recent Event and Voyage drops, and some premium pulls, I find myself with another wave of 1/4-star Super-rares on top of my existing crop.

In Quarters:
    Assimilated Tuvok
    COP Founder Archer (V)
    Detective Dixon Hill
    Disguised Chakotay (E)
    Dr. Crusher (V)
    EV Suit Tucker (V)
    Gabriel Bell (P)
    Marshal of France Q (V)
    Mirror Janeway
    Prisoner O'Brien (V)
    Sheriff Worf (V)

Currently In Overflow:
    Cadet Wesley Crusher (E)
    Forra Gegen (P)
    Lon Suder (P)
    Tash (P)
    Tuskegee Mayweather (P)

As per previous suggestions, Dixon Hill is still on the chopping block, but I was curious what people's additional opinion is of the crew I currently have in overdraft, if any of them are particularly useful.

Also, Cadet Crusher, Forra Gegen and Tuskegee Mayweather are blocking the door for my Captain Killy who dropped in a recent BeGold and is also sitting in the waiting room.

I suppose I could level up COP Founder Archer for the end of the Mega-Event...
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    As much as I like the character Chakotay could go I too have him only 1/4 but I do have some space atm, I'd swap him for Mayweather and ditch the rest of your overflow.

Edit just seen you need a space for Killy so yeah Detective Dixon or Dr Crusher are probably the weakest of your main cast crew.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    I'm currently desperate for a Tommy Gun Dixon he is one of only 3 who can complete the SEC node of Celestial Temple > Rabid Fans. This is one of the last Galaxy Missions I have to complete so I assume you have already done it if you are contemplating sending TGD out of an airlock.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I'm currently desperate for a Tommy Gun Dixon he is one of only 3 who can complete the SEC node of Celestial Temple > Rabid Fans. This is one of the last Galaxy Missions I have to complete so I assume you have already done it if you are contemplating sending TGD out of an airlock.

It's not TGD on the list but it is DDH.

But yes TGD is almost invaluable for campaign missions only a few can do that node.