Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Updated And Revised - 10/11 (Mega-Event Part 2)

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in The Bridge
Event Name: Updated And Revised
Event Type: Galaxy Event
Event Crew: Gloria 5* (Existing), Commander Barclay 4* (New) and Author Doctor 4* (existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 10/11 until Monday 10/15

Mega Event recurrent featured crew: Minuet 5* (Existing)

Ranked Reward 5*: Data V (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 10/18.

Event factions: Federation, Bajoran

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew and Minuet
• small bonus: variants of Guinan, variants of Barclay, variants of The Doctor, and crew with the hologram trait.

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say, DB's doing a good job of choosing characters related to the theme this Mega.

So if Commander Barclay is the Alternate Future version from "Endgame," do we have any guesses on Data V?
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    So far Im all about this Mega.

That Data is from a favorite episode of mine
  • Options
    Is is Barclay from Endgame, or did one of his holosuite fantasies involve him holding the rank of Commander?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wundigore wrote: »
    Is is Barclay from Endgame, or did one of his holosuite fantasies involve him holding the rank of Commander?

Definitely Endgame

ua68jrk9wgt3.png
  • Options
    From that picture, it would also suggest that his skills are CMD and ENG at a minimum. I could easily see DIP as a third skill.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay another week where i get to finish off somebody old, Sherriff Worf this week and Author Doc next week - good job so far DB and thanks as always Shan for posting!
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    From that picture, it would also suggest that his skills are CMD and ENG at a minimum. I could easily see DIP as a third skill.

I have a hard time seeing realistic Dip on Barclay. Sci is a better fit.
  • Options
    Without a doubt looking forward to the next mega event
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    yblk59m8aklf.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    #androidsarepeopletoo
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although #5 is not an Android I’m with you

#JeSuisNumeroCinq

And yay... a Darth Data to go with my Darth Bashir.

• Options
    Hopefully commander Barclay is an engineering beast. Can’t ever have enough ENG in the crew. Will be glad to get another author doctor as well.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    Hopefully commander Barclay is an engineering beast. Can’t ever have enough ENG in the crew. Will be glad to get another author doctor as well.

If the trend set forth holds up, he'll be a two stat com/eng wimp.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minuet and out for me. Some nice new crew in there, just no one who knocks my socks off. Good luck to everyone who wants something out of it!
  • Options
    GaldranGaldran ✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, is there any "the doctor" crew in this game, that isn't a hologram?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Galdran wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, is there any "the doctor" crew in this game, that isn't a hologram?

No, all extant variants of “The Doctor” are holograms, per the wiki (which for some reason I am having trouble posting the actual link).
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    Speculation is that it is Data as Henry V.
    ma10aaw2zz21.png
    Speculation credit goes to @[GoT] Angry Shimoda

My Speculation is that we will go the entire Holo Event without a 5* Threshold that is actually a Hologram

Happy Holo ween
  • Options
    Minuet, the 5* threshold, is a hologram though?!?
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    So far Im all about this Mega.

That Data is from a favorite episode of mine

Except for Minuet...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ma10aaw2zz21.png

My Speculation is that we will go the entire Holo Event without a 5* Threshold that is actually a Hologram

Happy Holo ween

Minuet is the only 5* threshold. And she is a hologram. The rest are ranked

• Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    ma10aaw2zz21.png

Happy Holo ween

Minuet is the only 5* threshold. And she is a hologram. The rest are ranked

I think he's trying to say so far both of our ranked 5*s have been non-holograms, i.e. Gloria, and now Data V.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭

I think he's trying to say so far both of our ranked 5*s have been non-holograms, i.e. Gloria, and now Data V.

Yes, I misspoke. Nog, Gloria, Data all three featured 5* that are useless for the remaining Mega after their week of being event crew.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were in the holodeck. There’s the connection
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    They were in the holodeck. There’s the connection

That's all we need too. From what I understand, this is not a hologram mega, but a holodeck mega. With that being said, I do hope we get a new 5* Doctor in the finale.
  • Options

Yes, I misspoke. Nog, Gloria, Data all three featured 5* that are useless for the remaining Mega after their week of being event crew.

Yeah, that's.... pretty frustrating in it's own right.

I can see the problem going both ways however; if we were to go in the opposite direction (Every 5* gets theme bonus) you could potentially see a very different dynamic, as each top 1000 win provides a building advantage.

OTOH, not so much so I guess; The variety of events and the 'best play' strategies invovled in each mean that (to me anyway) a 2x bonus crew really only gets a lot of usage in Hybrid events (Makes things easier to threshold and out, but the event is still dominated by galaxy phase), and really only makes a sizeable difference in Faction events.... So really it would only help carry one win, I guess.

We'd probably still see pitchforks over it however.