Home Ready Room
Options

What should I do with my 100,000 Honor?

Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in Ready Room
Please Pick One of Three Choices and Help Me Decide. For those that might think about the current mega-event, just know that I really don’t plan on immortalizing Minuet any time soon. This is more of a “what would you do?” kind of question rather than something calculated according to my roster and situation. You could also think of it as a choose one out of three answers for this question based only on your own feelings about it all rather than statistics or charts or whatnot. God, I sound like a hippie.
Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.

What should I do with my 100,000 Honor? 38 votes

Continue to save it for later.
18%
Selena Silver DragonJim SteeleShy KhanDavideBooks[OPA] Col. Fred L. JohnsonCaptain WildstarProont 7 votes
Finally buy Kahless the Expensive.
36%
BigstupidgrinZann Calcore (ISA)Irial12345678 of 123456789al103Gib - Admiral MarinersAutomaton_2000JoeSage2sagimaPsionStormOobydoobArosethyCaptain SMRGarakulations! 14 votes
Buy two legendary citations instead.
44%
Warrior WilloTravis S McClain÷ The Eternal ChampionBanjo1012SvenLundgrenOdo MarmarosaCaptain CrouchyrobownageRogueAngyl[DC] Picard Loves RedsDirk GundersonFlemmingLegate Damar [ISA] Big McLargeHugeSky Cap 18muwooRen~ 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    If you want meaningful advice you might want to give us some background on the rest of your roster and gauntlet crew.

I don’t really need meaningful advice. Just a random assortment of opinions. I already know all the ups and downs and I’m mostly just curious as to what others would do. It’s more of a what would you do if you had the extra Honor kind of thing.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    If I had really good 3/5 or 4/5 legendaries, I'd cite them. Otherwise Kahless is worth it.
  • Options
    If I had really good 3/5 or 4/5 legendaries, I'd cite them. Otherwise Kahless is worth it.

Thanks. That’s exactly the kind of answers I’m looking for; self reflective, suppositional, and to the point. Awesome. This helps me tremendously, though I’ve yet to make up my mind.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would buy citations. Getting someone to 5/5 will help you in so many more ways than having Khaless for gauntlet
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kahless and Captain Bev both strike me as overly expensive for what they are. Any other 5* I can get from a pack or event costs 200,000 honor to complete, provided I do not get them to drop again. Kahless and Captain Bev are 300,000 to complete...do I want either one so bad that I would spend two extra citations’ worth of honor to get them? Nope.

I say no because I am loaded on MED and COM crew for both voyages and the gauntlet. This is not to say that either one of these two wouldn’t be of assistance, just that I need help elsewhere more. If you find that you need more COM/SEC performance in the gauntlet and on voyages, Kahless is likely for you. But if you have one or more of Mirror Picard, Enabran Tain, Revolutionary Damar, or Admiral Nechayev (and/or any others I am forgetting), adding Kahless isn’t the great gauntlet ace he once was. Likewise for voyages, if you are doing well on COM/SEC voyages you may wish to divert that honor to citations on crew that fill a skill combo you aren’t doing as well on.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it was rumored Kahless was being replaced, I bought Kahless, while it was not a terrible buy, I think I would have done better with citing up my 3/5 or 4/5 ranks

Given that, Honor is rather easy to acquire, and with patience, you can start to buy what you want.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I always keep a reserve of 100K, or close to it, in case they ever do decide to remove legendaries from the Honor Hall and I need to quickly grab someone. Anything you earn above that, I’d say citations.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    I saved up and bought Kahless as soon as I could. Did the same for each of the card in the honor vault..
  • Options
    I'm in a similar position but only at 67k honor. I can't decide if I should finish one of my 4/5s (KB Jadzia, Daystrom, Seven of Nine, P. Cochrane) or take one of my 3/5 to 4/5 (AoS Crusher, W. Khan, GN Rom.)
  • Options
    I would spend it on some trainers and super-rare beholds.

How on Earth did you get all that Honor, anyway?
  • Options
    Even if you have other strong CMD Gauntlet crew, Kahless is worth the investment. I've never regretted the purchase, even with Nechayev, Mirror Picard, and Revolutionary Damar on my roster. At 1* Kahless is good on Voyages too...so he has utility outside of Gauntlet.

And while adding a fifth star is obviously beneficial statwise, it also feels like a marginal contribution. Immortalizing the first legendary felt like an achievement. Past the second one it felt 'meh'. More than half the time, I've elected to get a legendary behold instead of a citation. If I had a crew slot crunch, I would not gamble in this manner.

I have a similar dilemma coming up myself... close to 100k and thinking about Captain Beverly or two citations. I could use a better MED+CMD character, but I'll probably roll with two citations since I need 3-4 to cite a legendary in order to finish the last tier of the Innovator collection.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would spend it on some trainers and super-rare beholds.

How on Earth did you get all that Honor, anyway?

You save the honor by not buying trainers and super rare beholds. Then use it for gold crew.
  • Options
    @Captain Kathryn Janeway I saved it all simply by not spending any. Also, I get a LOT of duplicates, which in turn add up much faster than if I were receiving fresh crew each time I did a pull.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just took the plunge and spent 250,000 honor on Captain Beverly. I was saving it for Locutus but I’m still 3,500 gauntlet rounds away. I’m sure I can accrue 150,000 honor by that time
  • Options
    I looked at the STT level 100 spreadsheet and added a 3rd * to Interfaced LaForge
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    At the moment citation(s) just need one more for interfaced la forge to be complete, but after that for varieties sake and a bit of excitement I would save 5k and take an honor begold for the second one.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    If you want meaningful advice you might want to give us some background on the rest of your roster and gauntlet crew.

I don’t really need meaningful advice. Just a random assortment of opinions. I already know all the ups and downs and I’m mostly just curious as to what others would do. It’s more of a what would you do if you had the extra Honor kind of thing.

I would suggest amending your question slightly in this case to something like "what would you do" as that changes the perspective of your question to something more in line of what kind of answers you wish to receive.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    None of the above

- Buy 1 citation;
    - Save 50k.

(I just took my own advice this past weekend - added another star to Bartender Guinan, who you cannot get anymore at present, almost have her FF. Saving the other 50k for a rainy day, as I'd already added a star to Minuet.)
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have Guns picard, like most old peeps, then Khaless is largely irrelevant. I do still want Bev Picard, though as I have Mirror Troi, Mirror Bev and AOS Bev my roster; she isn't high on my list of what to spend 100k honour on.

I would say, save the honour for when the next insanely overpowered card is out (e.g. Prof Sato, and Rufio).

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    @Captain Kathryn Janeway I saved it all simply by not spending any. Also, I get a LOT of duplicates, which in turn add up much faster than if I were receiving fresh crew each time I did a pull.

I was saying it since it would be what I would do. I am new to the game myself and would love another Janeway (since I only have the 2-star and Rifle Janeways). Do what you want to do! :)
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Honor management protocol:

1 Have, or at least expect to have, 50k set aside for the next mega-event.

2 Citations for crew who can only be fused using them (i.e., Gauntlet jackpots, random crew like the recent 3* Commanding Officer Sisko, etc.).

3 Legendary Beholds because statistically, I'm still highly unlikely to get a total dud and they're exciting.

Like a lot of other players, I used to also prioritize citations for Voyage exclusive crew, but that's not as pressing a concern now that they'll drop more than once per player. I've already immortalized the Voyage crew that I've kept, so it hasn't been an issue for me since that change was implemented. Colonel Worf is the only one remaining I actively keep hoping to get. I'd keep Dr. Leonard McCoy and/or Ensign Picard if either ever dropped for me, though.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Considering over time (i.e., not all at once) I spent a total of 300,000 Honor to have an Immortalized Kahless the Unforgettable, my history guided me on which option to recommend in this Poll ;):)

In addition to still using him in The Gauntlet (although not as often as when he first came out), he is a frequent passenger on Voyages for me.
  • Options
    Kahless helps a player keep grinding in Gauntlet. I was in a similar position (150k+ honor) and finally caved in and got him. Found out he is regularly useful in Voyages even at 1/5*, and his art is pretty good. I agree with you on Bev, though: plenty of cheaper/free options that are just as good or better.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! You’ve all helped tremendously. I still haven’t made up my mind as of yet, but I’m certain I’ll do something soon. Thanks again to everyone that polled and made comments.
  • Options
    If it were me, I would cite a strong 3/5 to 4/5, then get a BeGold.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...