Home The Bridge
Options

First To Max

edited October 2018 in The Bridge
My question is how many First to Max titles is enough? There are people in the game that have well over 10 firsts. We get it, you have a lot of disposable income and free time. I'm guilty for falling for the 'immortality' of going for the First to Max, as I have 9 to my name, with the last 4 being done just to stop the streak of firsts of the top spenders. 5 firsts was actually enough for me as I figured it was enough to be noticed during events. (Thanks for the continual use of Captain Klaa in events DB!) Why not give the rest of the community a chance to have a little bit of immortality? I mean, congrats to all the big spenders (myself included), we all know who you are. Now, let's let the little guys have a little in-game glory for a change.

Comments

• Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    At the risk of being very whalish here.

Maybe if there was something for people who have leveled all their crew to do other than save resources for a galaxy or an event that took less than 4 days, it wouldn’t be as appealing.

The ftms are almost like mini events only over in 5 minutes. Is it any wonder several of us choose the 5-10 minute event over a 4 day long one.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I can't really sympathize here.
    This is the 'end game' for a lot of us - Sisko, Paladin, SilverRose, myself. We have all the crew. We do nothing but farm and replicate key items each day. New crew are released and the builds are + all the way up - you don't have to replicate anything or even build in some cases. 99.9% of the playerbase can't compete with that. We are going to buy the new crew regardless, because pokemon.

It's not a bragging right by any means. You don't see Sisko or SR or Paladin gloating about it. It's just a part of a Tuesday and Wednesday for them.

Hell, I even forget characters like Malik are even in the game, and then I found out *I* got F2M on them. That's how important it is to me. I'm not trying to get F2M, I'm just building. I, like the others, just happen to have the resources to do it in 4 minutes.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ever happened to the FTM list?
    https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/69223
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    My question is how many First to Max titles is enough? There are people in the game that have well over 10 firsts. We get it, you have a lot of disposable income and free time. I'm guilty for falling for the 'immortality' of going for the First to Max, as I have 9 to my name, with the last 4 being done just to stop the streak of firsts of the top spenders. 5 firsts was actually enough for me as I figured it was enough to be noticed during events. (Thanks for the continual use of Captain Klaa in events DB!) Why not give the rest of the community a chance to have a little bit of immortality? I mean, congrats to all the big spenders (myself included), we all know who you are. Now, let's let the little guys have a little in-game glory for a change.

Well we tried to give everyone a chance today. Phlox didn’t happen until 20 minutes after packs went on sale.
  • Options
    Or you could spend money on another game with new challenges. I still play this game, spending very little now as I’ve accomplished most of the goals. But i do enjoy the game past the craze to get new crew. If the game is so mundane that all you do is sit waiting for a new crew to come out so you can dump a bunch of money into it to get the new crew, maybe the game has ‘jumped the shark’ for you and it’s time for a new challenge. There are plenty out there that would pose a bit of a challenge. There’s a western game based on an HBO show that is pretty enjoyable and has a lot of longevity for those of you looking to max out characters.
    It’s your money to spend as you please, so don’t think I’m disparaging you guys for playing the game. I just didn’t feel any thrill in getting my last few First to Max trophies, so I was wondering why you’d keep dumping the money in when it feels like more of a chore than an accomplishment.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a very valid question.
    It's an even scarier answer.
    I will only speak for myself, but it's "I'll continue to dump money into it until they shut the doors".
    There isn't a 'good' answer I can give, other than I enjoy the game, the people, the community, and it's part of my daily routine. 3 years in, and it's just something I do.

I love Trek, all Trek (good and bad), so this game has what piques my interest. I don't really feel like devoting time/energy into other games or properties.

Meanwhile, this weekend I sat on the couch and watched SilverRose play some game about fashion? And dresses? And you design outfits and then vote on them? I have no idea. I didn't even know she plays it. But apparently, she does. That shows how much I care about the periphery of those around me and their extra curricular activities.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm struggling to see why it matters.

For pack only 5*s, it's pretty much always going to be big spenders.

For event crew, there's better odds for a smaller fish.

But how do you even define that? Anyone who has 9 or more? Anyone who has 5 or more? Just the four or five people who are well known for it?

If they've spent so much that that's their biggest thrill in the game, I say let them have it.
  • Options
    I don’t deny i got caught up in the race and went for max a few times, but the thrill ended on that quickly.
    I just remembered how excited it was when i got my first and thought other people who haven’t gotten that chance to see their name associated with a crew would be just as excited to see their name there.
    FWIW I can’t get first to max whenever I want to.
    I will say this, the free portal pulls became more exciting now that I’m not trying to get every crew as soon as it comes out
  • Options
    I never said to leave, just pick up another game as well
  • Options

Speaking from experience, if you’ve spent enough for this to be an issue in timelines, you may have the personality and available income that another game just turns into a way to spend even more money.

If I pick up another game at this point it’s going to be something like a fancy minesweeper or freecell where it costs under $5 to get all the available content.
  • Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

Speaking from experience, if you’ve spent enough for this to be an issue in timelines, you may have the personality and available income that another game just turns into a way to spend even more money.

If I pick up another game at this point it’s going to be something like a fancy minesweeper or freecell where it costs under $5 to get all the available content.

That's fair, these games can become money sinks if you play too many freemium ones
  • Options
    Well, I'll tee this up in a different way...
    There isn't a competition. The 'top' names really don't care unless it's a card that is near and dear to them, like a Wesley card for SilverRose or a Sisko card for Sisko.

Outside of this game in real life, we are friends. Like go to dinner friends. Or in some cases, sit on the couch and fart on each other. But I'm not naming names on that one. Nope.

There is no feeling of self-entitlement or accomplishment between us about spending tens upon tens of thousands of dollars. We know what we've spent. We can see our VIP points. It's not a race. No one wins trying to outspend the other person but DB. So we aren't in it to one-up someone else or anything silly like that.

I think the important question is (and possibly a comment on today's society): When you're together, do you actually talk to each other or do you communicate through fleet chat? :wink:
  • Options
    We didn't go on discord all weekend and they sent up a search party in fleet chat to see if we were still alive.

Also, I do play other games. I play Candy Crush and Covet Fashion, which is the one that Frank was talking about. I started playing STT because I was worried I was spending too much on those ones and wanted to cut back.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    FTM is on my list of achievements, since they are now few and far between, (and less than a handful left for me), even though I am still just a shark, not yet a whale.

I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I was thinking about this the other day and a half-baked idea fell out of my ars... erm.. brain!

After pulling off some of the floor dust and detritus, I present to you the “First to Max Achievement” super-mega value ultimate game idea (Version 0.1)

1. You can earn rewards, like significant amounts of honor, rare crew (maybe gauntlet rare?) for each level.

2. The maximum level is 5. Beyond this and you are not able to have your name stamped on any new cards.

3. Something else new for people to do, to make first to max not the only thing that some players can do now.
  • Options
    @Capt. Chaos Yeah... that was the joke.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hamsters2 wrote: »
    First your bragging how you've done FTM and how you can beat the "top spenders" to FTM when you choose to. Then you lecture the spenders. Then you tell them to leave the game for other games and even list one they should spend their money? Oh, but hey, you did add " don’t think I’m disparaging you guys" after disparaging them, so guess that makes it okay? This whole post is just bizarre and out of line.

Bottom line, many whales are going to FFFE every card that comes out. Why not compete for FTM since going to spend anyway.

I'm never going to get FTM, and I'm okay with that. FTM doesn't give any extra advantage in the game, but something a big spender can aim for.

Hey, big spenders, thanks for spending and keeping the game going! Let the FTM battles continue!

I agree a lot with this statement. I'm also never going to FTM, but that doesn't stop me from looking at famous names and being all like Oh hey, SilverRose was first, or Sisko, or Frank, or Paladin, or....well you get the picture. My brain raises a little high 5 to them.

Also, please don't play other games and stop spending money. We need you guys! Don't leave us!

Finally, most important, what's this fashion game.....
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    I came painfully close a few times but can never click fast enough. Still, it’s a good thing to shoot for even though it will probably never happen. A fleetmate FTMed Xindi Prisoner Archer and then quit the game.

I’m not in the same league as some of the folks above but I have no more 4*s to level and I am missing less than 20 of the 5*s.
  • Options
    TaskerTasker ✭✭✭
    I ftm’d an event legendary once. Spent $25 on it, plus the cost of the luckiest series of event pack pulls I ever got. I don’t care if I never do it again. I’ve had the chance to and decided against it. Frank, SilverRose, Sisko, etc., knock yourselves out, my friends. I’d rather know how to get into whatever field gives you that kind of disposable income than see you stop having your fun.
  • Options
    I have come to the point where all i do is prefarm usually so...this may be the next step in my game development
  • Options

Well the new rewards structure has put a spanner into the works as the 5* is now available on Mondays event end and needs 200k honor or a double up offer and 150k honor.
  • Options
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    Well the new rewards structure has put a spanner into the works as the 5* is now available on Mondays event end and needs 200k honor or a double up offer and 150k honor.
    I'm sure there are an elite group of players who have tons of honour from all the dismissed crew they airlock.

Jim

• Options
    ST_DreadnoughtST_Dreadnought ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I'm sure there are an elite group of players who have tons of honour from all the dismissed crew they airlock.

Jim
    Possibly but 150-200k honor each week will soon eat into the highest reserves. @Paladin 27 SilverRose Sisko & Frank etc might be able to say if the change has made FTM more or less appealing
  • Options
    Jim Steele wrote: »

Jim
    Possibly but 150-200k honor each week will soon eat into the highest reserves. @Paladin 27 SilverRose Sisko & Frank etc might be able to say if the change has made FTM more or less appealing

Perhaps, or they'll just switch from spending $100 on the event pack's to $100 on the 10 for 10 or steam dlc