Options

First To Max

Comments

• Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    Well the new rewards structure has put a spanner into the works as the 5* is now available on Mondays event end and needs 200k honor or a double up offer and 150k honor.
    I'm sure there are an elite group of players who have tons of honour from all the dismissed crew they airlock.

Jim
    Possibly but 150-200k honor each week will soon eat into the highest reserves. @Paladin 27 SilverRose Sisko & Frank etc might be able to say if the change has made FTM more or less appealing

What is less appealing about the event end ones is the risk involved with the possibility of spending the cites and not getting the ftm.

On the event packs in the old system, most of the ones I got were when event packs were nice and the offer gave me 5 copies right away. You just fused and leveled and if you were fastest you got it, but no downside if you were buying the pack anyway.

With the new system it’s much more risky since a lot of players all get the card at once and could all spend the honor if they want the achievement. So the risk of using 150k honor and not getting the ftm is high.

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    With the new system it’s much more risky since a lot of players all get the card at once and could all spend the honor if they want the achievement. So the risk of using 150k honor and not getting the ftm is high.
    I can see that as an issue, along with the fact 1000 others have the card as well. I still think they should release the following weeks crew at the same time the previous event ends, or delay the issuing of the previous events rewards until the next event pack goes live.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I think the FTM race is also a symptom of how new crew come out now. Once upon a time, there were no six pack portals and new people just got chucked into the regular portal drop table. That's how I ended up getting an FTM on APU about 2 weeks after it came out, and I was just leveling that crew so I could feed the info to our wiki folks.
  • Options
    jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This is the 'end game' for a lot of us - Sisko, Paladin, SilverRose, myself. We do nothing but farm and replicate key items each day. New crew are released and the builds are + all the way up - you don't have to replicate anything or even build in some cases. 99.9% of the playerbase can't compete with that.

This is one of the most ridiculous comment i've seen on this forum and it came from a person who, I assume, plays this game from day one. Man, you made me laugh so hard. :p 99.9% of the playerbase can't compete with that? I play for only few months, I have spent on this game big fat nothing and I can instantly level up any character I get, no matter the rarity. I can also instantly level up multiple characters simultaneously with no real effort. This is a very, very simple, crude game. There is nothing particularly special about this "achievement". ;P 99.9% percent of the playerbase could reach this level easily if they only had the time. Spending money on this game is a complete nonsense. It gives you nothing in return.

By the way, Reason for showing off is always the same, always. :p
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    This is the 'end game' for a lot of us - Sisko, Paladin, SilverRose, myself. We do nothing but farm and replicate key items each day. New crew are released and the builds are + all the way up - you don't have to replicate anything or even build in some cases. 99.9% of the playerbase can't compete with that.

This is one of the most ridiculous comment i've seen on this forum and it came from a person who, I assume, plays this game from day one. Man, you made me laugh so hard. :p 99.9% of the playerbase can't compete with that? I play for only few months, I have spent on this game big fat nothing and I can instantly level up any character I get, no matter the rarity. I can also instantly level up multiple characters simultaneously with no real effort. This is a very, very simple, crude game. There is nothing particularly special about this "achievement". ;P 99.9% percent of the playerbase could reach this level easily if they only had the time. Spending money on this game is a complete nonsense. It gives you nothing in return.

By the way, Reason for showing off is always the same, always. :p

If this game is so simple and crude, why do you bother? Some people enjoy it and there is no reason to pee on their parade, you know. If someone enjoys the challenge of acquiring resources and trying to beat others to get the FTM achievement, great! That doesn’t affect you one bit unless you were trying to do it and failed.

People may be proud of anything they want, even things not that special at all. I simply corrected his 99.9% gibberish.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only one card I wanted to ftm and that was Ilia Probe, but naturally someone got that before me. So if y’all are kind, if we ever get a Lt. Ilia released, hold off and let me get her first to max. :p
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    So, thanks for showing up and trying to be a negative voice, as you are known for 'round these parts.

I'm going to ignore you, but before I do, I'm going to answer your point, regarding the 99% comment

So, you can level anyone up quickly and easily? Multiples at a time? Great! That's not the specific topic being discussed here. What is being discussed is that a handful of players can take *any* card in the game, regardless of rarity, items, faction bias or build difficulty, and have them immortalized in about 4 minutes 30 seconds. The question was to how that is so easy for some folks, to which my reply was that we replicate and farm traditional pain points for players.

Estimate for me how many players, out of the active-ish base we have of 70k, use their 8 replications a day to build up a base of 45 4* Diplomatic Protocols, or knowing that Picard is coming next week, going ahead and making lots of the artificial hearts, Big Goodbye and Musketeer Holoprograms? That way, as soon as the card is in my crew quarters, I just have to apply trainers and click the yellow + symbol and not even bother with the seconds that it takes to click 'build'?

I'll bet, that out of 70k players, less than 100 play the game this way and have that type of an item base built up. 69,900 / 70,000 = 99.9% by the way.

So that's what I was referencing and talking about. Thanks for your time and comment. Moving on.

I'm going to ignore you but not going to ignore you. This kind of logic always give me shivers...

Yes, yes, I noticed that "immortalization" part of your story but mercifully ignored it because even 6-year old kid is more than capable of mindless tapping a single button which makes all your following calculations less than useless.

"So, you can level anyone up quickly and easily? Multiples at a time? Great!"
    That's the whole point. It's not great at all. It's actually shamelessly easy to achieve. :p And yes, I'm capable of prefarming and prebuilding of any item you can name in more than sufficient quantity. It's certainly not an "achievement" I would brag about. :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    So, thanks for showing up and trying to be a negative voice, as you are known for 'round these parts.

I'm going to ignore you, but before I do, I'm going to answer your point, regarding the 99% comment

So, you can level anyone up quickly and easily? Multiples at a time? Great! That's not the specific topic being discussed here. What is being discussed is that a handful of players can take *any* card in the game, regardless of rarity, items, faction bias or build difficulty, and have them immortalized in about 4 minutes 30 seconds. The question was to how that is so easy for some folks, to which my reply was that we replicate and farm traditional pain points for players.

Estimate for me how many players, out of the active-ish base we have of 70k, use their 8 replications a day to build up a base of 45 4* Diplomatic Protocols, or knowing that Picard is coming next week, going ahead and making lots of the artificial hearts, Big Goodbye and Musketeer Holoprograms? That way, as soon as the card is in my crew quarters, I just have to apply trainers and click the yellow + symbol and not even bother with the seconds that it takes to click 'build'?

I'll bet, that out of 70k players, less than 100 play the game this way and have that type of an item base built up. 69,900 / 70,000 = 99.9% by the way.

So that's what I was referencing and talking about. Thanks for your time and comment. Moving on.

I'm going to ignore you but not going to ignore you. This kind of logic always give me shivers...

Yes, yes, I noticed that "immortalization" part of your story but mercifully ignored it because even 6-year old kid is more than capable of mindless tapping a single button which makes all your following calculations less than useless.

That's the whole point. It's not great at all. It's actually shamelessly easy to achieve. :p And yes, I'm capable of prefarming and prebuilding of any item you can name in more than sufficient quantity. It's certainly not an "achievement" I would brag about. :wink:

While Frank might ignore you from here on out, this is a windmill of tomfoolery that I don’t mind tilting at for a while yet. If being the first to immortalize a new crew is so easy, how about you do it with Musketeer Picard? Or perhaps a better test would be next Tuesday’s pack-only 5*, since getting Musketeer Picard before Monday is predicated on some Dabo-related luck.

Please...show us all how easy it is to get the FTM ‘achievement.’ It’s something I have never really given consideration to, as I don’t keep the same item inventory that the leviathans among us keep nor do I squat on hundreds of thousands of honor in case I land a new 5* right away. If you can prove that it’s easy to do (with enough cash), maybe I will try my hand at it for the next Tuesday 5* that catches my fancy.

You want me to act silly and pay for this? That would be pure nonsense, surreal. All parts of my body are big enough not to do this. :p
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want me to act silly and pay for this? That would be pure nonsense, surreal. All parts of my body are big enough not to do this. :p

and that puts you in the 99.9% of the non-silly people who don't chase the FTM's the way that .01% silly people do. i think you solidified the point.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    edited October 2018

and that puts you in the 99.9% of the non-silly people who don't chase the FTM's the way that .01% silly people do. i think you solidified the point.

Not exactly. He said "99.9% of the playerbase can't compete with that." which is simply not true. They obviously can but they don't feel the silly urge to prove obvious things. :)
  • Options
    I think if your unwilling to put in the time like the top 1 percent, you can't compete with that.

I could run a 2 minute mile given the 20 years of hard training the gold medalists have but I can't.

Trolling isn't necessary but it is fun.
  • Options
    There is only one card I wanted to ftm and that was Ilia Probe, but naturally someone got that before me. So if y’all are kind, if we ever get a Lt. Ilia released, hold off and let me get her first to max. :p

It was my fleetmate so I'll have a word with her for you ;)
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options

While Frank might ignore you from here on out, this is a windmill of tomfoolery that I don’t mind tilting at for a while yet. If being the first to immortalize a new crew is so easy, how about you do it with Musketeer Picard? Or perhaps a better test would be next Tuesday’s pack-only 5*, since getting Musketeer Picard before Monday is predicated on some Dabo-related luck.

Please...show us all how easy it is to get the FTM ‘achievement.’ It’s something I have never really given consideration to, as I don’t keep the same item inventory that the leviathans among us keep nor do I squat on hundreds of thousands of honor in case I land a new 5* right away. If you can prove that it’s easy to do (with enough cash), maybe I will try my hand at it for the next Tuesday 5* that catches my fancy.

Just gonna leave this image here about this guy...
    5qwqcbqmn0gt.jpg
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yes I can't see the point of this thread other than to troll. It's a shame in some ways that the FTM achievement isn't a bit more random but to be honest the way the game is structured its always going to be done the way it is, and unless cards are added rather more randomly than they are it's going to be like that for the foreseeable future. Even the Voyage Only crew tend to get done very quickly, and that's a lot more random than the regular way crew are added via packs.

You've got to be lucky, sharp, prepared, and able and willing to spend dilithium and honor where necessary. Planning is very helpful (as Frank pointed out) and even with 6 replications I rarely get a crew done immediately let alone in under 20 minutes so unless I grab someone in Dabo or in a Voyage my personal chances of getting and FTM are rather low. And that's where I look for new crew. But I'm guessing that's where a lot of others do too!

However, I'd like to thank @jestergenie for drawing players out to show how to prepare and achieve an FTM. Perhaps all these little pointers will help one of us get this treasured achievement! :p
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

I find the entire concept of Ilia, and Deltans in general, absolutely fascinating. Also, I think Ilia as a character had a ton of potential, too bad Phase 2 never took off, and sad that Persis Khambatta passed away as well. But in the brief screentime in the series that Ilia got, she shone ever so brightly.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

I find the entire concept of Ilia, and Deltans in general, absolutely fascinating. Also, I think Ilia as a character had a ton of potential, too bad Phase 2 never took off, and sad that Persis Khambatta passed away as well. But in the brief screentime in the series that Ilia got, she shone ever so brightly.

There was so much potential there, I agree. Maybe they'll add a Deltan crew member to Discovery or the new Picard Show.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    However, I'd like to thank @jestergenie for drawing players out to show how to prepare and achieve an FTM. Perhaps all these little pointers will help one of us get this treasured achievement! :p

You want my advice? Here it is: get time, prepare money, forget your intelligence and start mindless tapping. Tap, tap, tap... :p
  • Options

5qwqcbqmn0gt.jpg

I protest, I'm not that pale. :D
  • Options

5qwqcbqmn0gt.jpg

9umhz9j64n2u.png
  • Options

How do you replicate a specific item like artificial heart? As far as I know you can only replicate what you need to equip, so do you just buy some packs to get *a* Picard so you can get a chance to build the heart?
  • Options

You want my advice? Here it is: get time, prepare money, forget your intelligence and start mindless tapping. Tap, tap, tap... :p

Frank's advice was pretty good, @jestergenie. I've got my own thing happening too. But, unfortunately, I don't have oodles of cash and I find it difficult totally discarding my intelligence, but time and tapping are definitely something this game requires.
  • Options

5qwqcbqmn0gt.jpg

9umhz9j64n2u.png

No, no, no, I'm not a pinkskin. Way too pale.
  • Options

I find it difficult totally discarding my intelligence...

As it should be, as it should be :)
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Te

How do you replicate a specific item like artificial heart? As far as I know you can only replicate what you need to equip, so do you just buy some packs to get *a* Picard so you can get a chance to build the heart?

That or use a duplicate card you have sitting around, I have 50 some unleveled ones currently.

I don’t actually do any crew specific prep, just have lots of the standard stuff like auth codes, whisky, Id codes...... sitting around in inventory.

• Options
    Anyone out there seen Musky Picard pop up in today's Dabo?
  • Options

Game on @jestergenie