Home The Bridge
Options

Detective Data for $25 bucks, still not buying DB bring back the 10$ offer!

2»

Comments

• Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Im kind of glad that he was the one offered, and the price was high... hes a cool char but as stated previously his stats are dated and its way too pricey. This saves me money, as I am already feeling guilty buying the 10 for 10 offer and thats actually a good deal;)
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »
    Im kind of glad that he was the one offered, and the price was high... hes a cool char but as stated previously his stats are dated and its way too pricey. This saves me money, as I am already feeling guilty buying the 10 for 10 offer and thats actually a good deal;)

I'm sticking to my guns and just doing the monthly card. I passed up the 10 for 10 on Monday
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    middlehead wrote: »
    ELiL wrote: »
    As long as people buy these offers, they will not get back to 10.

Business as usual for DB - They’d rather sell 1,000 of the $25 offers than 10,000 of the $10.

Do you have data to back up your assumption, or do you just honestly think any retailer is dumb enough to do that if the sales numbers said they could move 10000 units? This entire game is basically a Ferengi honeypot, they'll do whatever maximizes profit.

Chances are much greater that they've figured out the number of purchases is fairly static at either price, so they go with the higher profit.

The evidence is present that very little (to zero) analysing goes on.

How could they know if they wouldn’t make more revenue selling better value packs in higher quality? They’ve never properly tried.

To be fair, this $25 crew deal isn’t easily comparable to the $10 one, because the extras included are different.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭

Business as usual for DB - They’d rather sell 1,000 of the $25 offers than 10,000 of the $10.

Do you have data to back up your assumption, or do you just honestly think any retailer is dumb enough to do that if the sales numbers said they could move 10000 units? This entire game is basically a Ferengi honeypot, they'll do whatever maximizes profit.

Chances are much greater that they've figured out the number of purchases is fairly static at either price, so they go with the higher profit.

How could they know if they wouldn’t make more revenue selling better value packs in higher quality? They’ve never properly tried.

To be fair, this $25 crew deal isn’t easily comparable to the $10 one, because the extras included are different.

This bolded part isn't true. The previous offers such as Agent Janeway included exactly the same extras. You got one copy of the 5* plus the same amount of credits and chronitons. The only difference is they're charging $25 now instead of the $10 previously.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Amphistaff wrote: »

This bolded part isn't true. The previous offers such as Agent Janeway included exactly the same extras. You got one copy of the 5* plus the same amount of credits and chronitons. The only difference is they're charging $25 now instead of the $10 previously.

I was convinced by some previous discussion that this $25 pack includes more extras. Apologies if I got that wrong.

The question remains about overall value.

And nobody has yet to provide evidence of DB analysing sales of the same thing at different prices.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    And those extras are negligible anyways. They don’t add up to an extra fifteen bucks regardless.
  • Options
    And nobody has yet to provide evidence of DB analysing sales of the same thing at different prices.

You've got this backwards. You made the initial accusation; no one needs to prove you wrong, you need to prove yourself right.
  • Options
    You can argue the value of Killy at that price point (I still didn't bite), but Detective Data?

I have him FF and he's my third highest SEC currently, and is useful for SEC voyages without SCI as he can sit in SCI slot, but he's no Durango Troi or Falcon, who - both on 2/5 - are only just over a hundred behind him.

So yeah, not getting that price point for him.
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    Well, I already have Detective Data immortalized and he is not that great of a card to begin with. I got him a long time ago and at the time, he was super hard for me to level up. (not sure I'd have the same problem now though) I got him to 3/5 with begolds and finished him using honor. I still use him quite a bit.... I do hope the people that did buy him were happy with what they got..... it's a drag to spend that kind of money and then have buyers remorse.
  • Options

I'd be inclined to agree with you, but they also keep offering people "Sail The Starry Skies" and no one in their right mind would buy that. :)

New players might. That's the other piece that people on here can't seem to accept; some offers just aren't meant for the people that have been here for two years, they need to work on new users too.

Why would a new player who's already behind the pack, invest money in a crew member who is on the weaker end of the scale by a significant margin? Why not spend the money on someone more powerful? I guess you're assuming they're new AND don't know that some crew are more powerful than others yet?
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

I'd be inclined to agree with you, but they also keep offering people "Sail The Starry Skies" and no one in their right mind would buy that. :)

New players might. That's the other piece that people on here can't seem to accept; some offers just aren't meant for the people that have been here for two years, they need to work on new users too.

Why would a new player who's already behind the pack, invest money in a crew member who is on the weaker end of the scale by a significant margin? Why not spend the money on someone more powerful? I guess you're assuming they're new AND don't know that some crew are more powerful than others yet?

Yes. They're assuming exactly that, and they're not wrong. There are entire threads dedicated to mistakes we all made in our first few months playing the game, before we really knew what we were doing.