Home The Bridge
Options

Time Portal Additions

I'm sure many posts like these have been made in the past, but I couldn't find any definitive information: Maybe a sticky regarding the subject is warranted?

*I've been trying to correlate all the portal additions I could find, and only found two official announcements on the subject. It surely can't be updated once a year, and even so still has backlog on crew from the beginning of this year that hasn't been added?

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/414/hybrid-faction-galaxy-event-notes-first-impressions-10-12-time-portal-additions (October 2017)

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/10745/server-release-notes-08-14-and-time-portal-update (August 2018)

Any clarification on this would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a further one in march

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4421/server-release-notes-03-20-edited-11-40-am-et#latest

In general it doesn´t get updated too often. A further one this year would surprise me...
  • Options
    TS199TS199 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for this both, reading up on this information now. It looks like some of the crew I'm after have been released! But still a good portion of characters missing, which is a shame.

Mirror Jean Luc-Picard for example, they waited 10 months for that one... since last years Christmas Mega? Though they didn't add Mariarchi Q which was something akin to a new years gift, weeks later if I recall: very strange to not see him released with the mirror characters from the event.

Guess we'll have to wait another 10 months, or buy packs to see more!
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    If I'm not mistaken, most all cards that were released leading up to March of this year are in the general loot tables now.

The ones off the top of my head that fit that description yet still aren't in are your exclusive 5*s like Kahless, Guinan, Caretaker, Locutus. Same goes for the early voyage exclusive crew. There are also a handful of 2 and 3* cards that aren't in yet. Otherwise, if it's 3/1/18 or earlier on the release date, it's fair game.

The above link to the "Long Awaited Guide" by WhiteClifford and the excellent tables by BelleAnna are required reading for this subject.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must admit that they should really publicise the goods they are peddling...
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    TS199TS199 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    If I'm not mistaken, most all cards that were released leading up to March of this year are in the general loot tables now.

Ahhh that's fair enough if this was their consensus: It's a shame the Xindi Insectoid Councilor & Thadiun Okona were forgotten about (and anyone else I might have missed)

• Options
    cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭
    Would be reeeeeally great if they could update the portal before those cheap end-of-mega packs go on sale. I'll go to town on them if that's the case. Might even buy a 10x$10 too if one pops up.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every thread I see regarding this I have to comment on asking for a LONG OVERDUE PORTAL UPDATE PLEASE!
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Every thread I see regarding this I have to comment on asking for a LONG OVERDUE PORTAL UPDATE PLEASE!

WHAT HE SAID!
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    i believe the oldest character NOT in the time portals are smugger yates, circa the ID4 packs (July 2018)
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometime in August as per Shan's recent announcement for a portal update
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If premium packs are now going to be at least 14 months out of date, what exactly is the incentive to pay for them? I guess they're trying to shift their income towards dilithium and these 'special' packs.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    The new Portal Pack makes it look like they are going to try to make a little cash {NOT criticizing, just making an observation} before the Next Update. Look like it might be EVERY Purple & Gold that is not yet in the Portal......

sc9ix4102hzr.jpg
    rdjoc33ebbdk.jpg
    9edpkpfir4ca.jpg
    td23lkevjh5h.jpg
    aui4gul0cuwt.jpg
    do8g6kybwji0.jpg

That is just the FIRST THIRTY-FIVE GOLDS

{If I counted the screens of seven correctly, there are 69 Golds. {The last group of seven had one purple.}

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Ingame mail confirms Portal Update "some time in August".......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, looks like another two months of stockpiling premium packs before I actually cash them in. Disappointing, but at least we sort of have an inkling of when it will happen. I suppose I will have to add more rows to my spreadsheet for tabulating the results, too....
  • Options
    Well, looks like another two months of stockpiling premium packs before I actually cash them in. Disappointing, but at least we sort of have an inkling of when it will happen. I suppose I will have to add more rows to my spreadsheet for tabulating the results, too....

How many Premiums you sitting on?
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a few. :)

aafap7an3vvn.png

Wow I thought my 30+ was a lot....
  • Options

aafap7an3vvn.png

That;s gonna be interesting, for sure.
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »

aafap7an3vvn.png

Wow I thought my 30+ was a lot....

It’s been months since I cashed one in, having had the (possibly dumb) hope that we would see an update in April rather than August. There are a lot of event and Campaign pulls in there as well as the last few 10 for $10s.
  • Options
    RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    Realistically if they are not doing it every 6 months, it is just being lazy. They could script it so once a month they do an update if the character is 3/4/6/whatever threshold they want. Just my $.02
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

aafap7an3vvn.png
    Wow, you are missing out on so many possible legendaries and honor. But since you waited so long the right move is staying the course till August. Good luck to ya. Would be interesting to see what you get.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

aafap7an3vvn.png
    Wow, you are missing out on so many possible legendaries and honor. But since you waited so long the right move is staying the course till August. Good luck to ya. Would be interesting to see what you get.

Yeah, I definitely could be amassing honor at a higher rate if I wasn’t squatting on them. But in March I was under the delusion that they may stick to a 4-month cycle...and then in May I figured they’d at least update at six months...and now, I’m just stubborn. :)

On the other hand, I have some favorites among the 5* crew that figure to be newly added to the portal and don’t feel as much urgency to load up on older legendaries.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand that. Would be good if there was a routine schedule for this stuff.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should have over 100 premium 10x packs by August (85 as of today), so I am excited for the portal update!
  • Options
    I can understand that. Would be good if there was a routine schedule for this stuff.

Six full months after being introduced add to the Portals would be fair, I think. Like, if introduced this month, would be January 1st of 2020.....

• Options
    TS199TS199 ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    It looks like they whipped up an "apology pack" of sorts quickly enough, thank you to everyone who commented and shared their concerns on this thread which prompted the update from the devs and the continued support.

It looks like they will follow up on this with an announcement in August and the actual additions will probably follow suite after this, sadly there was no confirmation of the actual update...

"We also want to address the requests for a Time Portal update.
    We can confirm that this will happen sometime in August. Stay tuned."

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14035/recent-recruits-pack-and-future-time-portal-update#latest

I did a check again and the last "big" update of additions to the portal can be found here (Circa March 2018):

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4421/server-release-notes-03-20-edited-11-40-am-et#latest

**There was then a further update in December 2018.

The latest announcement confirms that we will not receive any further information until August 2019, we're now getting updates at an average of 7 months per.

I hope this lapse is properly clarified and we are provided with a definitive and reliable update schedule for the months and years to come.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    TS199 wrote: »
    I did a check again and the last "big" update of additions to the portal can be found here (Circa March 2018):

The latest announcement confirms that we will not receive any further information until August 2019, this is a whooping 17 months between major updates.

That was not the last update.

The last big update was December 11, 2018...
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12399/server-release-notes-12-11-time-portal-update-edition#latest

With a smaller update January 8, 2019...
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12672/v7-0-9-and-convergence-day-festivities#latest

Not that they still shouldn't have done an update by now.