Home The Bridge

Who should be the #1 MED crew?

The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in The Bridge
Just curious and bored, so I wanted to see what everyone thinks. Right now the highest MED base stat is Mobile Doctor. Eventually he will be usurped due to natural power creep. Who do y'all think will/should be the new top Doc in the game?

Who should be the #1 MED crew? 156 votes

Dr. Leonard H. "Bones" McCoy
22% 35 votes
EMH
29% 46 votes
Dr. Beverly C. Crusher
14% 23 votes
Dr. Julian Bashir
13% 21 votes
Dr. Phlox
11% 18 votes
Dr. Phillip Boyce
1% 2 votes
Dr. Katherine Pulaski
1% 2 votes
Dr. Christine Chapel
0% 1 vote
Other
5% 8 votes

Comments

• V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Although Beverly is my favorite, I voted for Phlox because he likely has the most ability. Of course the EMH is right up there too.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I actually had the same thought about Phlox! I think a 5* version of him is long overdue
  • I voted EMH just due to how versatile he is
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    EMH has the knowledge of all of Starfleet Medicine and he has had to save the crew many times over with just himself.
    Let’s fly!
  • I know he's, how shall I say, "rough around the edges", being just an old country doctor and all, but my heart lies with Bones.
  • EMH by a mile
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually fine with it being the EMH, he is one of the most accomplished doctors in Star Trek history. Bev has had shining moments, so has Bashir. Phlox a bit too and same with Bones, but I feel like Doc had the most achievements. I mean who would even think of coming up with making holographic lungs?
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • [CFOH] Earl Grey[CFOH] Earl Grey ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Believe me, my choice is purely sentimental. If I was in sick bay with injuries, give me Holodoc, Crusher, or Bashir (in that order), especially if this hypothetical me is a green-blooded alien of some form or another...lol
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phlox rocks! Cured the Klingon plague, found a cure to stop Volakian extinction. He also eradicated the Borg nanoprobes that convert any life form into a Borg. Holds dozens of scientific degrees. Best doctor on all shows
    Phlox rocks! Cured the Klingon plague, found a cure to stop Volakian extinction. He also eradicated the Borg nanoprobes that convert any life form into a Borg. Holds dozens of scientific degrees. Best doctor on all shows

I still wonder like whatever happened to that research? He eliminated Borg nanoprobes which despite no one knowing what those were at the time, would still have been valuable research to keep on record for Starfleet? So why wasn't it? Why were Starfleet surprised when the Borg resurfaced in Picard's time and later onward? I know it is due to retconning, but still, that piece of the puzzle never made sense in terms of the timeline.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • assimilated phlox would make a great addition ent-regeneration21.jpg?w=468
    -𝕷𝖔𝖈𝖚𝖙𝖚𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕭𝖔𝖗𝖌-

"𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕦𝕤𝕤 𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕤. 𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕥 𝕒𝕥 𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕡𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟"

• [CFOH] Earl Grey[CFOH] Earl Grey ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Excellent point. Prequels frustrate me...Another example, having to believe that some the tech and species introduced on DSC existed in this canon, even though no mention was ever made on TOS. (purposely vague for spoiler sake)
  • Phlox rocks! Cured the Klingon plague, found a cure to stop Volakian extinction. He also eradicated the Borg nanoprobes that convert any life form into a Borg. Holds dozens of scientific degrees. Best doctor on all shows

I still wonder like whatever happened to that research? He eliminated Borg nanoprobes which despite no one knowing what those were at the time, would still have been valuable research to keep on record for Starfleet? So why wasn't it? Why were Starfleet surprised when the Borg resurfaced in Picard's time and later onward? I know it is due to retconning, but still, that piece of the puzzle never made sense in terms of the timeline.

I always wondered that too. I just told myself that all the research was taken and/or covered up by Temporal Investigations or Section 31.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only one logical improvement on the EMH.

EMH mark II.

Though Assemilated Phlox is also a solid option.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

I always wondered that too. I just told myself that all the research was taken and/or covered up by Temporal Investigations or Section 31.

Its really the Starling universe created from Futures End. The 29th century tech was never destroyed in that timeline.
    There is only one logical improvement on the EMH.

EMH mark II.

Though Assemilated Phlox is also a solid option.

And thats the thing, the EMH's would have the collected data from Phlox so could do nothing but surpass him :)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Yes he found a cure to stop the Volakian extinction and then refused to give it to them. Thus he is the worst doctor as he was happy to let billions die on the off chance that the second alien species on planet, that wasnt even treated that poorly, would then become the dominant species. He didnt even try to give Volakians a cure with the promise that they would give more freedoms to the other species.
    Let’s fly!
  • Phlox is by far one of my favourite characters in Enterprise, along with T'Pol and oddly, Trip. I also think he's up there as far as Doctor's go. I voted for him because we need more Phlox, but the EMH is probably the best. And an awesome character too. The Doctors in Star Trek are exceptional people as a whole and almost always pivotal in so many stories. It's really difficult to pick who is the best because most of them actually ARE the best, depending on the time and place.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

It's reasonable to assume that Borg technology had advanced to a point where the outdated research would no longer be useful, is it not?
  • Hmm, many of these Docs are missing their ultimate version.

Captain Beverly Picard (from TNG "All Good Things..." is my favorite for best Doctor ever. I would also like to see the Pasteur as a ship.

tdnggvec58h1.jpg

She is obviously the most experienced Beverly and doesn't let anyone push her around.

Other contenders (by current poll order):

Alternative Future Joe (the EMH from VOY "Endgame")

picardovoyfinale.jpg

Joe might be a silly name, but the Doctor having gone civilian and married after 27 years getting back to the Alpha Quadrent is clearly the version of the Doctor who has seen the most action.

The game is also sorely missing a Virtuoso Doctor (from VOY "Vertuoso")

latest?cb=20161008105150&path-prefix=en

Admiral McCoy (From TNG "Encounter at Farpoint")

350?cb=20161120231114&path-prefix=en

The McCoy that Data meets in the TNG pilot episode looks ancient, but is as sharp as ever with advice to help pass the torch.

Formal Dress Bashir (from DS9 "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges")

latest?cb=20110211184751&path-prefix=en

I would go with Bashir in the middle of a Section 31 plot where he talks about the disease effecting Odo.

I'd argue his true equivalent moment to the others mentioned above is already in the game as Alternative Future Bashir.

We are missing a plain old Dominion War Bashir with his later season uniform. The unbuttoned look from DS9 "Extreme Measures" showcases his finest moment and might qualify though I'd argue that was as much a security thing given it involved counter intelligence work against Section 31. (I also couldn't find a screenshot of the scene from that episode I was thinking of, he is talking to Sloan before Sloan is captured.)

Also 1701 Julian Bashir (and O'Brien) is definitely needed to complete the set.

BashireObrien.jpg

Partly Assimilated Phlox is definitely the number one Phlox I want, but I'd argue his finest hour is in the episode ENT "Twilight" where he cures Archer of a temporal affliction and fixes the timeline thereby. I'd call that version Ceti Alpha V Phlox.

latest?cb=20120321104514&path-prefix=en

I'd also like to see paranoid Phlox from ENT: "Doctor's Orders" and Klingon Prisoner Phlox from ENT "Affliction" and "Divergence".

I don't think any of the rest on the poll deserve it and the jury is out on Discovery stuff still though I imagine we will be getting Dr. Hugh Culber, Vice Admiral Katrina Cornwell (a former Psychologist) and Discovery CMO Dr. Anton Nambue as powerful Medical Crew at some point.
  • DpmtDpmt ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Hmm, many of these Docs are missing their ultimate version.

Captain Beverly Picard (from TNG "All Good Things..." is my favorite for best Doctor ever. I would also like to see the Pasteur as a ship.

tdnggvec58h1.jpg

She is obviously the most experienced Beverly and doesn't let anyone push her around.

Other contenders (by current poll order):

Alternative Future Joe (the EMH from VOY "Endgame")

picardovoyfinale.jpg

Joe might be a silly name, but the Doctor having gone civilian and married after 27 years getting back to the Alpha Quadrent is clearly the version of the Doctor who has seen the most action.

The game is also sorely missing a Virtuoso Doctor (from VOY "Vertuoso")

latest?cb=20161008105150&path-prefix=en

Admiral McCoy (From TNG "Encounter at Farpoint")

350?cb=20161120231114&path-prefix=en

The McCoy that Data meets in the TNG pilot episode looks ancient, but is as sharp as ever with advice to help pass the torch.

Formal Dress Bashir (from DS9 "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges")

latest?cb=20110211184751&path-prefix=en

I would go with Bashir in the middle of a Section 31 plot where he talks about the disease effecting Odo.

I'd argue his true equivalent moment to the others mentioned above is already in the game as Alternative Future Bashir.

We are missing a plain old Dominion War Bashir with his later season uniform. The unbuttoned look from DS9 "Extreme Measures" showcases his finest moment and might qualify though I'd argue that was as much a security thing given it involved counter intelligence work against Section 31.
    N
    Also 1701 Julian Bashir (and O'Brien) is definitely needed to complete the set.

BashireObrien.jpg

Partly Assimilated Phlox is definitely the number one Phlox I want, but I'd argue his finest hour is in the episode ENT "Twilight" where he cures Archer of a temporal affliction and fixes the timeline thereby. I'd call that version Ceti Alpha V Phlox.

latest?cb=20120321104514&path-prefix=en

I'd also like to see paranoid Phlox from ENT: "Doctor's Orders" and Klingon Prisoner Phlox from ENT "Affliction" and "Divergence".

I don't think any of the rest on the poll deserve it and the jury is out on Discovery stuff still though I imagine we will be getting Dr. Hugh Culber, Vice Admiral Katrina Cornwell (a former Psychologist) and Discovery CMO Dr. Anton Nambue as powerful Medical Crew at some point.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Joe" kind of seems like he should be the best, the only thing that makes me think twice is even as a big fan of the Doctor's, all he is is the EMH in a fairly boring civilian wardrobe, and combined with him barely even doing anything in the episode, I can't see myself going to any effort to get him if he turned up in the game no matter what his stats were. Beverly Picard though, she's got legendary written all over her.
  • DragenDragen ✭✭✭
    Bashir was going to be the 'rolemodel' for the improved, permanent, version of the EMH. That would argue in favour of him over EMH
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    EMH all the way in my opinion, however since there is no 5* Phlox yet, I could live with that as well. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
    Grant77 wrote: »

It's reasonable to assume that Borg technology had advanced to a point where the outdated research would no longer be useful, is it not?

Wasn't it Borg from "First Contact' and thus Borg from the future? The Best of Both Worlds Borg would have been the out of date ones at that point.

Its crap like that that makes Enterprise look sloppy. Ferengi first contact as well.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Its crap like that that makes Enterprise look sloppy. Ferengi first contact as well.
    Hey now, even TNG didn't get that very well. That first snarling Ferengi episode with the laser whips? Ugh.

• IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    jfm45601 wrote: »
    Excellent point. Prequels frustrate me...Another example, having to believe that some the tech and species introduced on DSC existed in this canon, even though no mention was ever made on TOS. (purposely vague for spoiler sake)

Don't make me post pictures of a TOS tablet. TOS had good ideas in it but we've a few learned things since then.

Speaking of which...

The EMH is a computer. Computer's can multi-task. So why does he need a nurse or any assistants? He doesn't but it probably didn't occur to the Voyager writers that would be the case.

He looks humanoid since I imagine that would make patients more comfortable but you can still any number of things to get around that problem.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
    edited October 2017
    Dragen wrote: »
    Bashir was going to be the 'rolemodel' for the improved, permanent, version of the EMH. That would argue in favour of him over EMH

Bashir was the role model for appearance and personality (I know I'd love having to stare at Bashir's boyishly handsome face while undergoing some boring or bothersome procedure). Skills too, yes, but the EMH was always a conglomeration of skills from many many doctors across the federation.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes he found a cure to stop the Volakian extinction and then refused to give it to them. Thus he is the worst doctor as he was happy to let billions die on the off chance that the second alien species on planet, that wasnt even treated that poorly, would then become the dominant species. He didnt even try to give Volakians a cure with the promise that they would give more freedoms to the other species.

I totally agree with his decision. His ethics didn’t allow him to interfere with the natural progression of life on that planet. And if you remember, he would have given it to them if Archer ordered him to do ultimately that decision was Archer’s not Phlox’s.