Home The Bridge
Options

If you made a non-canon variant of a crew, who would it be? What would their stats/skills/traits be?

So DB has made some interesting non-canon variants before, Mirror Universe characters that we would suppose exist but that we never got to see on the show, Assimilated characters made so by the converging timelines of the game, Western characters who could be imagined if they'd been a part of a mission, and so on.

So what kind of non-canon variant of a given main crew character would you make if you could? Some ideas for possible non-canon varities: Assimilated so-and-so, Mirror so-and-so, Away Team so-and-so, Shore Leave so-and-so, or add them into an episode theme of which they didn't get to participate in their series (e.g. Gunslinger Uhura getting to participate in the Western setting of "Spectre of the Gun"). So go wild, be creative.

As for me, I think I'd make Mirror Chapel. I really liked Chapel as a character, but her run in TOS was limited as she mostly stayed aboard the ship, she doesn't have a lot of diversity in her outfits, and she starred in fewer episodes than many others of the main cast.

Here is an awesome cosplay I found of Mirror Chapel which helped spark my idea of how I might imagine her in this game. She is a character in the IDW comics on which our Mirror Universe event was based last year, so she's not entirely outside of the realm of possibilities.

w4p7nbjqlmga.jpg

As for stats, I want her to be fun and add things this game hasn't seen yet.

Mirror Christine Chapel (5*) - MED, ENG, DIP
---Human, Federation, Starfleet, Mirror Universe, Terran Empire, Nurse, Innovator, Romantic, Crafty

I decided upon a strong MED and ENG combo, because we don't have anyone who is strong in both yet. I also paired that with DIP because out of all the MED/ENG combos, the only third combo component we don't have is DIP. I thought her up to be mostly in her nurse role, but she also crafts medical technology to better serve the Terran Empire. This is also spawned by this blurb I found about Mirror Chapel's background in the IDW comics (I think): "after her first tour aboard the Enterprise, Chapel got her doctorate and helped Doctor Sarah April create new medical instruments to be used aboard starships."

So I think this would be a really awesome non-canon variant to have and expand Chapel who got a little shafted in regards to appearances and character development in TOS and its movies.

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• Options
    Well, it's 'almost' canon, but a version of Beverley Crusher who doesn't have too many variants in the game, who worked more on her android caring skills and engineering after working with Data and Lal was so upset at the loss of Lal and then Data went on to work with Android programming, education and development. She'd be slightly older than we usually see her, have Med/Eng and Dip skills, and a cyberneticist trait.

'Advocate Beverley Crusher'

wac854guatj9.jpg

Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Elizabeth Shelby
    latest?cb=20171112105407&path-prefix=en
    I never read the Peter David New Frontier series, but the character is well featured, and as you see, gets her own command.
    COM/DIP/SCI

Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    I'm under the impression from the chatter surrounding Mirror K'Ehleyr (who is technically non-canon but does exist as a character in one of the official novels) that adding people from books or comics they don't have the current rights to might be a little dodgy, but:

Canon-adjacent:
    1. Any/all of the Romulans and/or Federation agents posing as Romulans from the Diane Duane Star Trek novels ("My Enemy, My Ally", "The Romulan Way", etc.)
    2. Section 31 Agent Trip Tucker from the current Enterprise novels
    3. The older versions of the DS9 folks from the latter-day novels
    4. Mirror Saavik and the other movie-era Mirror people from the 1980s DC Comics run of Star Trek
    5. Naraht (at any of his ranks), the Horta officer from the novels and comics
    6. Princeps Bashir and the other the-Augments-won universe (novels again)

Would have existed in canon but we never saw:
    1. E2 folks: Older Captain Archer and his wife; Middle-aged T'Pol and Trip Tucker (Lorian's parents)
    2. Older DS9 crew from Children of Time - like, not the full 200 years later but the existing main cast after they were marooned
    3. Chef, from Enterprise
    4. Mirror Annika Hansen and/or other non-canon Mirror Voyager folks (would prefer less over-the-top than Mirror Janeway)
    5. The Captain/Commodore/Admiral/etc. Jefferies, of the Jefferies Tubes
    6. Mirror Shran (not necessarily the novels version)

Not canon at all:
    1. Mimetic Simbiot T'Pol
    - T'Pol was injured rather than Tucker, so this is a clone of T'Pol
    fgqvsv5y74jd.png
    2. Alternate Bashir who was never augmented
    - probably still in Starfleet, but maybe a security chief or whatnot versus a doctor
    he68yh88lk0t.png
    uzp0b8qj4g51.png
    3. From the Parallels universe where the Bajorans are bad guys rather than the Cardassians - like Starfleet Damar or Starfleet Gilora Rejal
    4. Mirror Time Fleet personnel and/or Daniels
    5. Romulan Saavik (because of the whole Saavik-was-supposed-to-be-half-Romulan thing), where she's in movie-era Romulan military
    6. Captain Jennifer Sisko - Jennifer was in Starfleet instead of Benjamin
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Dukat is the one non-canon character who intrigues me most. Surely he existed, but clearly something did not go the same for him there as in our universe. Did Mirror Garak prevail and eliminate him? Was he on Bajor, or perhaps Cardassia? Our Dukat was enough of a survivor that I have to think theirs was just as sneaky, but how would he have fared in a system with Regent Worf at the top? Totally different dynamics from what our Dukat navigated.

I would think it's obvious Mirror Dukat would have to be CMD/DIP/SEC. Any order would make sense to me. It would really just come down to the back story invented for him.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always wanted an Avian Xindi. They were extinct in Enterprise and we got to see all the other Xindi but no Avians in the show. Some of the non show stuff has had them though.
    r21n9l7jkvb0.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s only one choice: Management Software Riker. Token rings, boy howdy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SN6mp5hVSSc

That was...that was rough to watch. I almost astral projected out of my body due to all the fremdscham and cringe I was feeling. :p
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was...that was rough to watch. I almost astral projected out of my body due to all the fremdscham and cringe I was feeling. :p

At least now we know where that Riker gif came from...

Wc4hoEJ.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Mirror Dukat

Mirror Kai Winn

Mirror any Dominion crew... perhaps the female Founder would be benevolent, the Jemhadar would be anti violent hippy types, and the Vorta would be completely honest and forthright.

And for fun, a Kawaii J-POP Worf who entered showbiz instead of Starfleet. He could be overtly homosexual, wearing an outrageous tutu and pink tights, with some kind of 80s spandex silver leotard. His skill set would only be DIP, and it’d even usurp Professor Sato’s stats.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UFP President Archer

Command 1200
    Diplomacy 1100
    Security 950
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I posted the idea somewhere in the Crew Wanted thread a while back, but anyway... Sito Jaxa, having gone through hell in a Cardie prison camp, comes out Sarah Conner (not Khaleesi, the real one, Linda Hamilton with the muscles and thousand yard stare). Security high (she didn't get that Jem'Hadar rifle by asking nicely), Command second (kinda tunnel-visioned on fighting her personal war to see the big picture, but a good leader under fire), and a minor in Engineering (she was a pilot, she'd have to know her tech).
  • Options

That was beautiful.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Also, is Mirror Q a thing, because if not, it should be. Single skill ENG.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    None of this foolishness until we get Nomad!!!

Agreed!

And V'Ger at that!
    Ok, how about Capt. Ezri Dax!
    ymvs8eosob14.jpg

I would prefer the more recently distributed captain of the USS Emmett Till version, though.

5e1p41kyfrg4.jpg

My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sticking with the theme of basically canon but not entirely, I would absolutely be giddy for an Enterprise (NX-01) Chef card. Chef was arguably one of the most important people on the entire ship, as he/she interacted with absolutely everyone, every day, and became an integral part of the ship's operations by serving not only meals but also as the de facto counselor.

I would set the skills thusly:
    Diplomacy (high) - Chef kept the people talking and made meals for diplomatic reasons.
    Medicine (high) - Chef kept the entire crew sane and kept their spirits up.
    Engineering (low) - Chef had to fix/repair damaged items in the galley and probably innovate solutions to prepare food in deep space.

And this is the portrait I would recommend using for Chef:
    t6fh9pmrfnol.jpg
  • Options
    The original Mary Sue. Cmd/sci. Highest Kirk command skill +1. Highest Spock sci skill +1. For both base and proficiency.
  • Options
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Sticking with the theme of basically canon but not entirely, I would absolutely be giddy for an Enterprise (NX-01) Chef card. Chef was arguably one of the most important people on the entire ship, as he/she interacted with absolutely everyone, every day, and became an integral part of the ship's operations by serving not only meals but also as the de facto counselor.

I would set the skills thusly:
    Diplomacy (high) - Chef kept the people talking and made meals for diplomatic reasons.
    Medicine (high) - Chef kept the entire crew sane and kept their spirits up.
    Engineering (low) - Chef had to fix/repair damaged items in the galley and probably innovate solutions to prepare food in deep space.

And this is the portrait I would recommend using for Chef:
    t6fh9pmrfnol.jpg

Chef: the first portrait where you can upload your own image to your game, or the person who's FTM gets to pick the portrait or something
  • Options
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    Better yet, they could use the actual on screen appearance of Chef. He icon picture could be just his hand.

ga1m479jeycn.jpg

Like Thing from The Addams Family. XD
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    So Chef was a white male. So just a picture of white male giving plates like in this picture but his face isn't visible only a back of his head with white hat.

Or maybe something like this

depositphotos_23269032-stock-photo-chef-behind-pan-at-work.jpg
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go with semi-canon, Reign in Hell Khan.

efkkboywr7r2.png

And this... this was amazing. Riker sounds so exhausted!

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/J._Bartlett

Technically cannon but not really. Probably a good old cmd/dip/sci.

I also want a Minister of security Garak. Not sure about the stats though.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Mr Phlox with his 3 missusses and their 2 others and their 3 wives (etc ad infinum) with them all sort of covering the private bits of who ever stands behind them.... naked

call it FlockOfPhloxes with massive dip skill, because they'd like to know you better.

edit oh shoot, i just realized, there should be some empty spots in there, just for _you_ to fit in.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.