Home The Bridge
Options

Sisko's Self Approval

Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in The Bridge

MVD5I7A.png
Who would you send to talk to Ben?
I always felt like this was a pretty good group to go talk Sisko into something; he had some hero worship of Kirk in "Trials and Tribble-ations", we've got his old mentor Curzon Dax, and if that isn't enough, maybe he will listen to himself?

Comments

• Options
    I'd kill to get a 77% success chance.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd toss Admiral Ross into the mix, he gave Sisko plenty of leeway but unlike some of the temp Admirals they had in earlier episodes he always seemed like he had the sense of authority to go with his rank.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hmm. In this scenario, we're trying to get the Captain to accept his Mirror counterpart's antagonism of the Terran Empire. His sympathies were with the Terran Rebellion, so getting him to accept someone running counter to that--especially a version of himself--would be difficult. This assignment predates the introduction of the Terran Rebellion trait, but I'd approach it as though sending a crew today now that it exists. That distinction is critical to my crew choices:

Mirror Jennifer Sisko - Like her estranged husband, Mirror Jen didn't have strong pro-Terran scruples. She may not have a lot of conviction to support Mirror Ben's cause, or anything about him, but if anyone would know how to communicate insights to our Captain Sisko, surely it's her.

Mirror Spock - Pretty much *the* authority on why the Terran Empire must be opposed. Plus, the mission text includes the ubiquitous (and absurd) "Only a Starfleet crew..." text, and while Mirror Starfleet is Mirror, it's also Starfleet.

Revolutionary Damar - If anyone Captain Sisko knows can speak to what it's like to have to defy your own people, I would think the leader of the Cardassian resistance would have the bona fides to get him to listen. (I mean, Klingon Dukat could also do it, but it's probably best to just keep him away from the Captain.)
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely good that you're not sending Picard.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends