Home The Bridge
Options

Current Rank 1000?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Praising an event because it requires no thought vs another event where you have to pay attention to what you're doing really proves the point why it's a grind and why bots have been created.

Which aspect of this game isn’t brainless and grindy? Especially the events.

Faction... well it’s only a minute or two every three hours but it’s mindless after you have set your initial roster following the kick start plus costs you nothing in resources (maybe a few merits). I write down my mission picks and crew on a piece of paper so I don’t forget during the weekend.

Galaxy, if I had 200K Chron and prefarmed a zillion items and wanted to finally get a number one finish, one would be tempted to bot that... it wouldn’t be hard, just eliminate the items using two items to craft then run your macro on the last slot item which will always have three items. All you have to do is run through the items a few time and make sure you have 1000+ of each item used in crafting. But as it’s stands, it’s a couple of hours of mindless item crafting and clicking for a top 1000 finish and not too hard so no need for a bot. But galaxy burns resources like a drunken sailor on shore leave and offers little in return except a community award. So you wouldn’t need to bot it unless you wanted a super high finish and had the saved resource to burn.

Skirmish... the epitome of mindless grind fest... but you get resources and rewards back so it actually costs next to nothing while letting you farm ship battle items for galaxy and you get free honour and credits. But it sure eats up a lot of time and almost seems custom made for macros and bots as it is the most time intensive event, most repetitive as well, and gives you rewards back for your mindless tapping.

Expedition is about the only event you really have to pay attention to as mission selection, crew selection, and then mission pathing is a delicate balance given the constraint of tickets and the desire to maximize VP using bonus characters from these tickets... but it’s still a grind given how so many complained about the extra tickets last Christmas. It’s been so long but I think it takes about 20 minutes to finish one set so a couple of hours a day to finish your free tickets.

So... on these scales and ranking events by their relative positioning...

RESOURCE COST OF EVENT
    1. Galaxy. Burns resources.
    2. Faction. Some merits for transmissions.
    3. Expedition. No cost
    4. Skirmish. Net gain of resources and honour.

TIME SPENT GRINDING for 1000 place
    (Ie, the pain coefficient of the event)
    1. Skirmish. Around 10 hours.
    2. Galaxy. A few hours of crafting rach day.
    3. Expedition. Two hours each pack of six free tickets.
    4. Faction. A couple of minutes every three hours so not much time.

LEVEL OF MINDLESSNESS
    None of them take particularly any skill but Faction requires some thought initially to choose missions and crew. Expedition requires attention while playing but not particularly any skill to play. So mindless but not so suitable for bots given it’s not as repetitive.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brutal, yes. I went into this with just over 10,000 chronitons, 13 dilithium, and a completely open four day window to play. I spent a lot of time tapping away while watching college football, NFL, listening to the workd series, playing Red Dead Redemption, cooking. You get the picture. 25th place, which got me a gold I am not actually interested in, two premium tenpulls (1200 honor) 41,000 honor total, a bit over 11,000 holoemitters, two captain levels, two immortalised crew to complete a collection, and stubs where my fingers used to be.

Was it worth it? It cost me nothing but patience to save 10 days worth of chronitons and play time. My personal answer is YES. Things I would have liked to see, those missing 25 ship schematics and something done about the wasted premium pulls. A respin of some type, or anything to save the frustration of looking at immortal beholds.

Will I try again? Probably, finally got to the point where I am not levelling up crew nonstop, so farming comes into the picture. All in all, satisfied with the result.
  • Options
    Nah... just skirmish while binge watching some TV (Star Trek?) and the time goes by quickly. I finished 150 with something like 1.6m points using a supply kit and 10K Chron at the start. Ended up with 8.5K Chron and a bunch of honour and credits.

Even if you forget to hit buttons while watching TV, you usually win (I did several times and didn’t lose a single match). Otherwise it’s really boring but skirmishes require no concentration unlike Galaxy or especially Expedition which really requires you to remember which crew to put in which slot on which mission to maximize your VP per ticket.

I didn't know that more than 1 person could finish the same rank. 🤔

rw9tks25nc8n.png

Anywho, that's my rank 150 pictured above. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love skirmishes. And, unlike some others posting, I didn't see this one as brutal as previous ones. I did a lot less clicking and spent what seemed like less time and pretty much ended in my usual skirmish event rank range.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah... just skirmish while binge watching some TV (Star Trek?) and the time goes by quickly. I finished 150 with something like 1.6m points using a supply kit and 10K Chron at the start. Ended up with 8.5K Chron and a bunch of honour and credits.

Even if you forget to hit buttons while watching TV, you usually win (I did several times and didn’t lose a single match). Otherwise it’s really boring but skirmishes require no concentration unlike Galaxy or especially Expedition which really requires you to remember which crew to put in which slot on which mission to maximize your VP per ticket.

rw9tks25nc8n.png

Anywho, that's my rank 150 pictured above. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love skirmishes. And, unlike some others posting, I didn't see this one as brutal as previous ones. I did a lot less clicking and spent what seemed like less time and pretty much ended in my usual skirmish event rank range.

I was in 32nd place near the end, wanted that 25th slot. It took me 3.5 hours to move up to 23rd, which was enough. That was steady game time, which is a bit brutal.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I finished in 1,748th, somewhere around 540,000 victory, and did that ALL from the Elite division AND with turning a chroniton profit! B)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Ok

rw9tks25nc8n.png

OK 158 if you want to get specific... sheesh... I don’t really care if it’s 26 or 1000 as it’s pretty much the same. The relatively high ranking is a by product of just farming for holoemitters and honour using the intel I gained when I dropped a supply kit at the beginning....

4k4n3a4qp2p2.jpeg
  • Options
    I didn't mean anything by my post @Paund Skumm I just didn't know if it would be allowed to have 2 people be the same rank. Although, I guess it's possible 2 or more could have the same amount of VP (especially in a skirmish) but I couldn't recall 2 or more occupying the same rank in the 20 months I've been playing. Maybe it's happened and I just never noticed. And, I agree that ranks 26-1000 don't really matter and I play the skirmishes the same way as you, high ranking due to burning the intel to get more goodies and things accomplished.
  • Options
    I didn't mean anything by my post @Paund Skumm I just didn't know if it would be allowed to have 2 people be the same rank. Although, I guess it's possible 2 or more could have the same amount of VP (especially in a skirmish) but I couldn't recall 2 or more occupying the same rank in the 20 months I've been playing. Maybe it's happened and I just never noticed. And, I agree that ranks 26-1000 don't really matter and I play the skirmishes the same way as you, high ranking due to burning the intel to get more goodies and things accomplished.

Next time I’m going to burn some extra Chron on space battles just so I can get 149... nah... too much grinding as it is. But I noticed my squad was 14 even though we are down a man... yay squad!!!
  • Options

Next time I’m going to burn some extra Chron on space battles just so I can get 149... nah... too much grinding as it is. But I noticed my squad was 14 even though we are down a man... yay squad!!!

It actually isn't that much more grinding imo. Between all the skirmishes we've had I've ranked between 73 and 213 and there seemed to be very little difference with the grind/ time spent. In fact, this one seemed a little less time consuming than the others but that could be because I played this one a little differently than the rest.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

It actually isn't that much more grinding imo. Between all the skirmishes we've had I've ranked between 73 and 213 and there seemed to be very little difference with the grind/ time spent. In fact, this one seemed a little less time consuming than the others but that could be because I played this one a little differently than the rest.

Yeah, it seemed like I ranked higher with less time spent than in previous Skirmishes. I remember seeing both of you in the same general vicinity that I was in, at several points during the weekend. Dropped all of my (approximately 14,000) chronitons on ship battles on Thursday and that gave me around 200k Intel, which lasted me until Sunday evening, playing an hour or two each day (could've been a bit more time spent on Sat & Sun, I don't recall exactly). The Skirmishes I played during that time (along with my Voyages and dailies) brought my chron stash back up to over 10,000. Used that for some pre-farming, mainly on away missions, but a few more space battles, too — the latter giving me another 10k Intel, which I then spent late Sunday night as part of my final gameplay in the event.

All that landed me just shy of the top 200. I never really play for rank in Skirmishes, since I know it's going to be much more of a time commitment to get into the top 25 than I'm generally willing to do, but I usually end up very safely in the top 1000 because I like to give a reasonable effort in order to maximize my Honor (and chroniton) buildup. I came out with something like 30,000 additional Honor over the course of the weekend. And managed to do a heck of a lot of pre-farming for whichever upcoming Galaxy event I choose to make an effort in. Not too shabby. This event type has quickly become my favorite, for that very reason.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    I feel a little cheated in this event. Again DB lacking in the quality control. I used Minuet in the beginning of the event(when I had most time to play) and DB fouled up with her not giving the proper bonus. Would have ranked higher than I did had there been no bug.
    I dub it.. Mingate.😖 And that sorry intel compensation they provided wasn't just.