Options

5* Undercover Sulu for £8.99?!?

edited October 2018 in The Bridge
Are DB finally listening?

Have we turned a corner??

Comments

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    h9rks0difjqc.pngAye thanks DB, a much more reasonable offer. I am tempted, but hes not adding a star to anyone so alas this time "im out". I am sure others will bite though.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this were Captain Lorca, they would already have my $10. I'm debating, as it stands. I may do it, but I have to think about it.

P.S. if I buy, the fact that they appear to be listening will be a major driving factor.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I'm all about it.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a "buy it or stop complaining" check. Everyone said go back to $10s and we will get them. If no one gets this, they have no reason to continue the $10 offers.

I see it as more of a "Nobody bought the $25 offers so we're trying this".

I think the mass complaining on this forum every time the offer came up was falling on deaf ears.

I'm all for these offers being 10 bucks (12.99 CAD in my case).
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    right price, wrong legendary, sorry DB I would if I could but slots are still at a premium (too much bonus crew :p )
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    PolPol ✭✭✭
    If i hadnt him FFEE i would buy this in a heartbeat
  • Options
    Thanks to this offer, I was able to add another star to my Undercover Sulu. I hope DB continues to listen.
  • Options
    Augmented BadgerAugmented Badger ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yeah I pulled the trigger on this one. It helps that I like the character and art, but even so, I wouldn't have bought it at $25. $10 is the "I don't have to think too hard about it" price for me. Hope others pounce on it and we get more at this price point.
  • Options
    This is totally the right step „back“ to a more reasonable price. Please keep it up!
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang it DB. I've only got him at 1 star so in I go....
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't have him, so yay!
  • Options
    I don’t have him so I am leaning toward getting him. It will give me something to do for a day or so...
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a "buy it or stop complaining" check. Everyone said go back to $10s and we will get them. If no one gets this, they have no reason to continue the $10 offers.

I think the mass complaining on this forum every time the offer came up was falling on deaf ears.

WTH? Which platform are you using as they’re ripping me off a loonie at iTunes...

8ldjl3xyr1mw.png
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for going back to the lower price point. I am likely to buy at $10 for pretty much any card I already have. Sadly I don't have this Sulu and he's no good at 1/5 so I won't be buying but I plan to in the future if the price stays here.
  • Options
    Yep, I bit. At $25 I wouldn't even have considered it, but at $10, for a character I like with good, and some nice chrons as a bonus? I'm in.
  • Options
    If I had him, I would have added the star. But I don't have him. Nice offer though. Keep 'em coming.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got crew slots to spare and he has a good collection of traits. Not the strongest, certainly not when compared to my other DIP/SEC gauntlet crew, of course - then again, it’s worth it to show DB that these offers are appreciated.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

WTH? Which platform are you using as they’re ripping me off a loonie at iTunes...

8ldjl3xyr1mw.png
    Facebook is usually cheaper I've found. Mabye they don't pay the same taxes

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I feel this $9.99 offer is a war of two divergent points: lowering the price point vs crew skills, and that is absolutely going to muddle the results no matter how the final numbers shake down.

For me it breaks down like this:

- On one hand I absolutely want to support this new price drop from $24.99 to $9.99 because I desire to contribute toward encouraging this price point to become the new standard...

- On the other hand this is yet another crew offering with Command, Diplomacy, and Security, a combination even somebody as relatively new as myself is completely choked with already, and I desire to not encourage the seemingly endless parade of crew offers with this combination of crew skills.

In short, I do not believe this initial offer will provide meaningful data, no matter how many are sold.

A true test would be to offer up a legendary crew with at least two skills of Medicine, Engineering, or Science, which can be combined with no more than one skill from the Command, Diplomacy, or Security group (for example, Seven of Nine: Diplomacy, Engineering, Science) at $9.99.
  • Options
    right price, wrong legendary, sorry DB I would if I could but slots are still at a premium (too much bonus crew :p )

This sums it up for me.
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    As others have said..

Right price (right idea), wrong legendary. Sure, I’d love to support £10 deals, provided the legendary is actually worth it.

I’d venture that whatever purchasing habits DB learn from this will be skewed. Surprisingly, possibly in favour of the deal, because so many want to like the offer. That novelty will wear off.

Once it wears off, they can go back to the £25 offer after we all declare the ‘new’ 5* deal rubbish. And the Ferengi win again.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was a good card like mirror Picard then I may bite, but this one, nope, not a chance.
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had him, I would have added the star. But I don't have him. Nice offer though. Keep 'em coming.

Me too. Would gladly have upped if I had him ... and the chrons alone are a decent deal. Please keep them coming like this though DB, it's a reasonable price point to make some stranded 1/5's vaguely useful...
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    Id bite if i wasnt low on crew space...oh well maybe next time
  • Options

Kinda agree, & why I'm likely to buy this one so my $$ is voting yes on this price. I'll complain about the choice of legendary next time
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    I had him at 5* ages ago. I just got it for the chronitons, credits and dilithium for $14.99 in AUD.
  • Options
    Worth it for the chroma and credits alone. Another lonely one star but excellent ship ability, skillshot with no penalty.
  • Options
    I feel this $9.99 offer is a war of two divergent points: lowering the price point vs crew skills, and that is absolutely going to muddle the results no matter how the final numbers shake down.

You make some great comments. In response to you concern though that stat combo is weighted heavily in the game overall. It is just a fact. I take a longer view. Over time I got 3 of this one from basic 10x packs so this was star 4. He is pretty good on the proficieny so I suspect at 4 stars he will make some voyages. And it is a pretty card. Would a solid ENG MED COM card be better? Yep. But there just are not a lot of those.