Home The Bridge
Options

HMS Pinafore Data

Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
Yay, hes finally in the vault. Looks like hes ENG/SCI/CMD. I hope he has good(ish) stats.

Jim

yiclcm5l4xdw.png
DB: Do Better

Comments

• Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going full tilt for this one.
  • Options
    g754cpo7mi8j.jpeg

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's the one combo of Data skills I don't have so.... might try
  • Options
    Same skill combo as Ru'afo and Assimilated La Forge. Was hoping for some Med in there. Music is theraputic and soothing for the soul?!
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamsters2 wrote: »
    Same skill combo as Ru'afo and Assimilated La Forge. Was hoping for some Med in there. Music is theraputic and soothing for the soul?!

That's a stretch lol.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    g754cpo7mi8j.jpeg

What's that on his neck?
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    he was shot at, in Insurrection, so he went on that crazy spree.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    x4tldfaqmh6o.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    He needs the pilot trait. The scene where he raises his fist and sings is when he's seated at the controls of -- and piloting -- a Federation Scout Ship.

For sure! He needs to be sitting at controls, not standing, so you know his legs are "made up"
    Would have been better if art was done with him piloting at controls of a scout ship with his fist up like in the movie.
    DB going back to shoddy artwork again huh?
    And yes, he needs the pilot trait!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Agreed I was disappointed he's not a pilot. https://youtu.be/NKFMWhxJask
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    but does flying a shuttle automatically regard you as a "pilot" ?
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Yeah, It kind of does. Data is the Enterprise's helmsman so I think he'd have to be a qualified pilot. I mean, I don't think they'd let just anyone fly a starship.
  • Options
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I would say piloting a shuttle counts as being a pilot

I actually agree with this and weren't there quite a few times in TNG when it was said, so and so must accompany so and so in the shuttle because they are a pilot?
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etienne wrote: »

Yeah, It kind of does. Data is the Enterprise's helmsman so I think he'd have to be a qualified pilot. I mean, I don't think they'd let just anyone fly a starship.

I thought the helmsman was “the helmsman to the right” of Data
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Etienne wrote: »

I thought the helmsman was “the helmsman to the right” of Data

to the right of the helm is navigation

(am I like the only Star trek geek here...Geez Louise )
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    From the Captain's chair point of view in TNG Ops is on the left, helm is on the right. Reversed from TOS where helm was on the left and navigation (ops) was on the right.

OK, I can admit when I am wrong..... Apparently, the last ship with the helm on the left was the Enterprise C..... I rewached the episode Boobytrap where Picard takes helm control and it is indeed on the right...so effectively Wesley was the helmsman and flying the ship. (apparently Starfleet will let just anyone fly a starship) TNG makes a whole lot less sense to me now :(
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    The term Helmsman gets weird between TOS and TNG, the role that Sulu (Helmsman), Chekov (Navigator) and Uhura (Communications) served were merged and then seperated to Tactical, Ops and Flight Controller.

Data was Operations Officer on the Enterprise D.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Flemming wrote: »
    The term Helmsman gets weird between TOS and TNG, the role that Sulu (Helmsman), Chekov (Navigator) and Uhura (Communications) served were merged and then seperated to Tactical, Ops and Flight Controller.

Data was Operations Officer on the Enterprise D.

Yeah and I never understood why in TOS they separated ship security functions where the helm was responsible for weapons and the navigator responsible for deflector and shield controls. I remember when I first started playing ST: THE RPG way back in the day (the very 1st one that FASA produced) friends of mine who were not necessarily ST fans but were fans of RPGs kept asking me who the idiot was that decided ships should be operated this way and wouldn't it make more sense for 1 person to control all tactical functions. I told them to take it up with Gene Roddenberry. :D
  • Options
    hmmm need some more archer, kes, ezri dax legendaries (please not neelix, the jar-jar binks of star trek).
  • Options
    Some of us are very fond of Neelix I'll have you know. He has a very sad back story, and his devotion to Kes very endearing.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us are very fond of Neelix I'll have you know. He has a very sad back story, and his devotion to Kes very endearing.

Me so see the resemblance.....

42wwstepmojl.jpg

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    More like this no? x8xmn6esp15c.jpg

5ldagdmuemhr.jpg

Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, technically speaking, he was preying on a two-year-old.

Just sayin'.