New Reward Multiplier

anyone know what this does? 6c4wdlueq1cq.png

Comments

• Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want some!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the double reward boosts that gives you double rewards but makes the shuttle go three times the length. They also give a slight boost in percentage success so the legendary one will give more bonus. Looks like a good one you lucky ducky!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the double reward boosts that gives you double rewards but makes the shuttle go three times the length. They also give a slight boost in percentage success so the legendary one will give more bonus. Looks like a good one you lucky ducky!

The Reward Multiplier is a different item in inventory than the Reward Boost (the 9h, doubler).
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is that different then a typical reward boost?
  • Options
    Maybe it doesn't increase the time, it only doubles the rewards?
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is that different then a typical reward boost?

From what we’ve seen they are only legendary variety. Also no one has confirmed but they probably don’t add to the shuttle time.
  • Options
    typical 4* reward boost from inventory txxroh6mhyl9.png
  • Options
    Gandozer {SoS}Gandozer {SoS} ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I believe Paladin is correct a 2x multiplier with no time increases, Sadly, if this is correct, it will make having to place high in both faction and galaxy to do well.
  • Options
    I believe Paladin is correct a 2x multiplier with no time increases

Well technically I said it first by a whole whopping minute but yeah. :D:p
  • Options
    Sorry Dr. Creon you are correct, credit given to Dr. Creon B)
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually don’t think these will be too impactful for events.

First they are very similar to the impact of two 90 minute boosts. Given these are legendary you will get many more 90 minute boosts then these. If I open 100 standard 10 pulls I should get 113 3* time boosts and 3 of these new boosts. This assumes all 8 3* boost types are equally likely and all 9 5* ones are equally likely.

Second, now that there are 9 legendary boost types, if the overall legendary boost drop rate stays the same, less legendary time boosts will drop. Doesn’t completely make up for these, but partially lessens the impact.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    I actually don’t think these will be too impactful for events.

First they are very similar to the impact of two 90 minute boosts. Given these are legendary you will get many more 90 minute boosts then these. If I open 100 standard 10 pulls I should get 113 3* time boosts and 3 of these new boosts. This assumes all 8 3* boost types are equally likely and all 9 5* ones are equally likely.

Second, now that there are 9 legendary boost types, if the overall legendary boost drop rate stays the same, less legendary time boosts will drop. Doesn’t completely make up for these, but partially lessens the impact.

Agreed, I think the plan on these will be to save them for the event where you are on the edge to try to make it up late. I don't think they will be some standard strategy to place.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

I got that too.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

It's the same boost with a different image

Edit: it seems different after reading the whole post and checking my game inventory.
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a simple way to test this. Can somebody who has one stick it on a shuttle (you don’t have to send it) and see if the timer changes? My money is on the double the rewards (likely including VP during an event) without changing the time. So yeah, my vote is it’s probably effectively the same as two 3* time boosts.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    So technically these are just 'the other way around 1:30' time boosts? So you can sleep longer and get the same end result.... gee thanks DB
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    There’s a simple way to test this. Can somebody who has one stick it on a shuttle (you don’t have to send it) and see if the timer changes? My money is on the double the rewards (likely including VP during an event) without changing the time. So yeah, my vote is it’s probably effectively the same as two 3* time boosts.

It is double reward for normal 3 hour timeframe.
  • Options
    Apparently, this is not for shuttles, at least it's not yet implemented. It does not appear anywhere in shuttle boosts when sending them out..
  • Options
    z9co7e7tt32z.png
  • Options
    z9co7e7tt32z.png

Well that should settle the debate... but knowing the forums, I doubt it.
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Well, mine didn't appeared in shuttle boosts even though I picked it up just a bit earlier.. :confused:
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, mine didn't appeared in shuttle boosts even though I picked it up just a bit earlier.. :confused:

Maybe you need to restart the game?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Does it still not show up now? (maybe after a restart as well)?
  • Options

It is not with the other time boosts for some reason, but if you scroll through all of them without picking a specific category it should be there.
  • Options

It is not with the other time boosts for some reason, but if you scroll through all of them without picking a specific category it should be there.

You're right. I was looking for it by selecting categories, I expected to find it in time boosts section but it is there when no category is selected.
    Sorry for the confusion guys..
  • Options

You're right. I was looking for it by selecting categories, I expected to find it in time boosts section but it is there when no category is selected.
    Sorry for the confusion guys..

Glad to see that settled... seeing as it isn’t technically a time boost, I guess it doesn’t belong with the rest of them. Thanks for everyone’s help in resolving this mystery.
  • Options
    Glad to see that settled... seeing as it isn’t technically a time boost, I guess it doesn’t belong with the rest of them. Thanks for everyone’s help in resolving this mystery.

It isn't a time boost technically but it's even less a skill boost so it either should go in a time category (which might need to be renamed) or have its own new category.

Unless DB decide to leave it all as it is. Knowing them, that will be the most likely outcome as this is 5* boost so it will stay be near the top of anyone's boosts collection when no category is selected.
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    trdhhqir3nsw.png
    It dropped for me in a Standard x10 boost pack.