Home The Bridge

Why do so many of you encourage your fleets NOT to upgrade the reclamation rooms in your star bases?

2»

Answers

• I posted this in the Make It So thread, but this thread appears to have more traction:

We have tried to communicate to our fleet in many forms as well, it is just a couple people who are donating to the reclamation rooms. As feared, the skirmish brought in more holoemitters which are being donated to the reclamation room too.

My issue us that if 47 or 48 people in a fleet are all in line with one strong fleet and a certain direction, it's kinda disheartening when a couple members go counter to that direction. And without the tools to determine who is doing it we are stuck with a couple people who are essentially not team players.

A fleet should have that choice at the very least. And if someone would prefer to donate to any room they want, why not look for a fleet that feels the same way instead of undermining the goals of the fleets who want to focus their donations? Both groups can exist, but why not be in a fleet that shares your expectations?

Unfortunately since any fleet member can initiate the "construction" of the reclamation rooms, this will be an ongoing issue as we can't just let the room fill up and stop it from happening that way
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the reclamation room was meant as a way to placate whales who have maxed their starbases to still contribute and get the daily rewards. Also as a way for players whose starbase is holoblocked (ie, only holoemitters left to build other rooms) to contribute to the daily reward if they don’t have holoemitters.

Because our starbase is not maxed yet, it is frustrating to see people dump holoemitters in the reclamation room when the other rooms aren’t finished yet. You’ll have all the time in the world to dump stuff in the reclamation room once the other ones that give us all bonuses are completed.

This is exactly how we advise our fleet too. I as admiral and the other senior officers advise all the fleet members to donate first to whatever we have listed as recommended because our starbase is not maxed yet. We never even put up the reclamators as recommended until we reach a holo bottleneck.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    We were going to simply not initiate the claim on it, but it is a starbase lvl soooo...... :/

Edit: Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the transporter room, not the trash compactors.
  • I don't believe it counts as a starbase level does it? Since it essentially just resets once "built". And since anyone can initiate the build (including the people contributing to the reclamation room) there would be no way to prevent it unless DB removes that ability from non-officers
  • The stat rooms are more valuable long term. Voyages supply all the rations you need these days. h347ub11jxz0.jpg

Everybody in my fleet looks like this. That's why we don't do those. Of course, we're almost finished with our Starbase and we'll have no choice at that point.

If you're doing Voyages, you have no need of extra replicator rations. And even if I didn't do Voyages, I've got tens of thousands of left over ship schematics I could use instead. I'll never run out of fuel for the replicator. It's just not a thing that's going to happen.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stat rooms are more valuable long term. Voyages supply all the rations you need these days. h347ub11jxz0.jpg

Everybody in my fleet looks like this. That's why we don't do those. Of course, we're almost finished with our Starbase and we'll have no choice at that point.

If you're doing Voyages, you have no need of extra replicator rations. And even if I didn't do Voyages, I've got tens of thousands of left over ship schematics I could use instead. I'll never run out of fuel for the replicator. It's just not a thing that's going to happen.

I used to think that, but with my hard pushes to FE everyone I have, I actually ran out of rations. Now I'm not going to donate to the Rep rooms til the rest of the base is maxed, but it can happen.

• My simple answer is with voyages they're unneeded 54swn7ac8zxp.png
  • And this is with using my daily replicator allowance to replicate stuff like basic film and basic holodecks
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

I used to think that, but with my hard pushes to FE everyone I have, I actually ran out of rations. Now I'm not going to donate to the Rep rooms til the rest of the base is maxed, but it can happen.

Where did you get enough credits to do that? Wow
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • You can obtain many replicator rations through voyages. Yeah, it gives people a way to still donate to the star base, and also might be beneficial for some...As time goes on and players improve, other rooms in the Star Base are of greater importance. Just my humble opinion.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • I'm not telling you how you or your fleet should play the game. But if someone is throwing items in those rooms before the starbase is level 134, they are wasting items.

That is the best summation I've seen

Agreed. My fleet isn't donating to these rooms. I started this thread to open the discussion up so that my fleet members can see for themselves, exactly why, from the perspective of other people. I may be a damn good Admiral, but I'm also smart enough to know that other voices at times carry good weight in certain situations, too. Thank you all, for your input
    HIGH RANKING, HIGHLY SEXY FLEET SEEKS HOT & ACTIVE PEOPLE FOR SOME FUN PLAY.

Have you been naughty? Playing with yourself again? Has another fleet touched you in bad ways? Don’t worry, we will train you…. Gently. Light bondage only. Bring your own handcuffs, though…. We don’t supply them.

We’re not those other guys. Here we shower often, and we treat our members like family.
    We know how to whip some serious tail, yet no one is left to shiver out in the cold. If you need advice, help, strategy, tips or anything at all…. I and my officers are here to help you.

Currently, we're looking for more good people to enjoy the game with us, and we offer a TON to our members, in return. We prefer level 50 members and above. Lower level players than this will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

We use the DISCORD app for all our fleet chats (it's free). We're much better organized than many other top-tier fleets in the game, while a heck of a lot more relaxed and much more fun to be a part of. I have numerous other former fleet Admirals who joined me, and we have a world of knowledge and experience to share with you. Sure, we all love the game, and we enjoy playing it often; but we're also a fun family of kooky friends from around the world, who enjoy playing the game together. On top of playing, we also hang out often and share plenty of good laughs, an excellent supportive environment and one another's company.

It's OK if you don't play every day. You don’t have to be a daily player, but the more you play the more fun you’ll have with us. So long as you let me know ahead of time whenever you know you're going to be offline from the game for five days or more, I won't kick you for inactivity. You can send me that message on DISCORD at any time you need to; it takes only a moment. That rule helps keep our fleet as active as possible.

All Captains MUST have a name other than just “Captain” so that others may recognize you. We have no drama, but instead are a close-knit group of good people who treat each other as if we’re both friends & family.

WE’RE ALMOST ALL VERY HIGHLY ACTIVE, and help is never far whenever you might need it, at any stage of the game, nearly 24/7. Whatever your skill level, we can help you.

If you are interested in joining our fleet, please feel free to message me and I will be glad to assist you.

Free steak & Lobster available from our resident chef upon joining (alternate meal suggestions are possible), drinks available through our in-house bartender/barista/host. Please be sure to tip your wait staff. They're nuts, but they're worth it.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    kapu wrote: »
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Where did you get enough credits to do that? Wow

Double the cadet/credit has had some impact...not really sure how well I've hoarded the creds otherwise, I mean I get the gauntlet creds, etc etc.

• I'm not telling you how you or your fleet should play the game. But if someone is throwing items in those rooms before the starbase is level 134, they are wasting items.

That is the best summation I've seen

Agreed. My fleet isn't donating to these rooms. I started this thread to open the discussion up so that my fleet members can see for themselves, exactly why, from the perspective of other people. I may be a damn good Admiral, but I'm also smart enough to know that other voices at times carry good weight in certain situations, too. Thank you all, for your input

That's why your thread's been shared with our fleet too. Thanks for making it. :) Most were already on board, but since sharing it we haven't gotten any more donations to those rooms.