Home Make It So!

Fleet admirals need to see who donates to the starbase

As a fleet admiral I can see how many daily missions my fleet mates do but I have no idea who contributes to the starbase and who does not. It would be helpful for fleet admirals to know since contributing to a starbase that all members benefit from is the main function of a fleet.

Comments

• edited November 2018
    As a fleet admiral I can see how many daily missions my fleet mates do but I have no idea who contributes to the starbase and who does not. It would be helpful for fleet admirals to know since contributing to a starbase that all members benefit from is the main function of a fleet.

I agree wholeheartedly. Daily missions is one thing, helping the fleet is another. Those daily missions do help, but not as much as building us up. Were we to be able to see how much each player donated in the star base, we could encourage greater participation for those that needed a word of advice or nudge.
    HIGH RANKING, HIGHLY SEXY FLEET SEEKS HOT & ACTIVE PEOPLE FOR SOME FUN PLAY.

Have you been naughty? Playing with yourself again? Has another fleet touched you in bad ways? Don’t worry, we will train you…. Gently. Light bondage only. Bring your own handcuffs, though…. We don’t supply them.

We’re not those other guys. Here we shower often, and we treat our members like family.
    We know how to whip some serious tail, yet no one is left to shiver out in the cold. If you need advice, help, strategy, tips or anything at all…. I and my officers are here to help you.

Currently, we're looking for more good people to enjoy the game with us, and we offer a TON to our members, in return. We prefer level 50 members and above. Lower level players than this will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

We use the DISCORD app for all our fleet chats (it's free). We're much better organized than many other top-tier fleets in the game, while a heck of a lot more relaxed and much more fun to be a part of. I have numerous other former fleet Admirals who joined me, and we have a world of knowledge and experience to share with you. Sure, we all love the game, and we enjoy playing it often; but we're also a fun family of kooky friends from around the world, who enjoy playing the game together. On top of playing, we also hang out often and share plenty of good laughs, an excellent supportive environment and one another's company.

It's OK if you don't play every day. You don’t have to be a daily player, but the more you play the more fun you’ll have with us. So long as you let me know ahead of time whenever you know you're going to be offline from the game for five days or more, I won't kick you for inactivity. You can send me that message on DISCORD at any time you need to; it takes only a moment. That rule helps keep our fleet as active as possible.

All Captains MUST have a name other than just “Captain” so that others may recognize you. We have no drama, but instead are a close-knit group of good people who treat each other as if we’re both friends & family.

WE’RE ALMOST ALL VERY HIGHLY ACTIVE, and help is never far whenever you might need it, at any stage of the game, nearly 24/7. Whatever your skill level, we can help you.

If you are interested in joining our fleet, please feel free to message me and I will be glad to assist you.

Free steak & Lobster available from our resident chef upon joining (alternate meal suggestions are possible), drinks available through our in-house bartender/barista/host. Please be sure to tip your wait staff. They're nuts, but they're worth it.
  • ElimElim ✭✭✭
    Fleet Admirals need to be able to give incentives for donations. IE top donations this week get a (insert coveted item here). This could either be from the admirals own supply or one is given weekly that must be given away and cannot be used by the admiral.
  • This would be a good feature
  • edited November 2018
    Elim wrote: »
    Fleet Admirals need to be able to give incentives for donations. IE top donations this week get a (insert coveted item here). This could either be from the admirals own supply or one is given weekly that must be given away and cannot be used by the admiral.

How about this incentive: Donate the max amount (700 items) or get the boot? If you don't contribute to starbase, you have no place in that fleet.

Geez, Kahless.... I'm glad I'm not in your fleet! Talk like that makes you seem like you're not worthy of a player like me! Sure, I contribute to the star base the max daily, and I certainly do try to encourage the fleet to do the same.... but I also recognize that there's more to life than just the game. Within reason, yes. Max donations each and every single day as a requirement for your fleet? NEXT!!!

Have you been naughty? Playing with yourself again? Has another fleet touched you in bad ways? Don’t worry, we will train you…. Gently. Light bondage only. Bring your own handcuffs, though…. We don’t supply them.

We’re not those other guys. Here we shower often, and we treat our members like family.
    We know how to whip some serious tail, yet no one is left to shiver out in the cold. If you need advice, help, strategy, tips or anything at all…. I and my officers are here to help you.

Currently, we're looking for more good people to enjoy the game with us, and we offer a TON to our members, in return. We prefer level 50 members and above. Lower level players than this will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

We use the DISCORD app for all our fleet chats (it's free). We're much better organized than many other top-tier fleets in the game, while a heck of a lot more relaxed and much more fun to be a part of. I have numerous other former fleet Admirals who joined me, and we have a world of knowledge and experience to share with you. Sure, we all love the game, and we enjoy playing it often; but we're also a fun family of kooky friends from around the world, who enjoy playing the game together. On top of playing, we also hang out often and share plenty of good laughs, an excellent supportive environment and one another's company.

It's OK if you don't play every day. You don’t have to be a daily player, but the more you play the more fun you’ll have with us. So long as you let me know ahead of time whenever you know you're going to be offline from the game for five days or more, I won't kick you for inactivity. You can send me that message on DISCORD at any time you need to; it takes only a moment. That rule helps keep our fleet as active as possible.

All Captains MUST have a name other than just “Captain” so that others may recognize you. We have no drama, but instead are a close-knit group of good people who treat each other as if we’re both friends & family.

WE’RE ALMOST ALL VERY HIGHLY ACTIVE, and help is never far whenever you might need it, at any stage of the game, nearly 24/7. Whatever your skill level, we can help you.

If you are interested in joining our fleet, please feel free to message me and I will be glad to assist you.

Free steak & Lobster available from our resident chef upon joining (alternate meal suggestions are possible), drinks available through our in-house bartender/barista/host. Please be sure to tip your wait staff. They're nuts, but they're worth it.
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    As an admiral of my fleet, I'm facing the same problem. Agree with Skywalker, there's more to life than just the game, but resources are gathered in the inventory of players playing normally, they only need to donate daily.
    My fussy problem is that not all players are united to donate at fleet recommendations, thus the best solution I see is that Admiral can distribute resources from one room to another
  • A different approach could be instead of having each person manually contribute, could starbase material be allocated directly to the starbase rather than individual inventory. That way players are contributing as long as they are playing. Admirals or officers can then allocate resources based on fleet inventory at a cap either flat across all fleets or based on number of players in a fleet.

We could have a new room: cargo bay. The higher the level, the more can be stored. It could also be designed that players make bulk deposits into the cargo bay if people are wanting to retain these cheap supplies for replicator use.

This way, we can just talk who is active and who isn't. If there are days a person came log in for some reason, they are still filling the cargo bay and their raw contributions can still be used.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • How about settings players can modify on their own? Settings for how to allocate the material they have on hand, either all of an item, or a percentage. Then allow them to just select a specific room or just to the fleet recommendations. An approach like this allows players to control their inventory and automate the process somewhat.
  • Should be a complete breakdown, including a history for each person on the fleeting showing all contributions towards every aspect of the daily starbase quests and donations to the stabase.
  • edited November 2018
    Agreed. We really do need to see who is contributing and who is not.

It would also be nice to be able to actually reward members for their service/contributions to the guild. As far as I can tell, all we really are is (unrewarded) glorified fleet administrators that can make people officers which, in real terms, isn't really much of a bonus for them.
    Cruikshanks [TBL]
    The Bovine League

"Leave bigotry in your quarters; there's no room for it on the bridge." James T. Kirk
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an Admiral, this feature should have went in from the get go.
  • I agree. It would be helpful to see more detail on contributions and fleet goals. I'm pretty chill as an admiral, but if you join a fleet, you need to contribute something.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite (or maybe because of) my requests, I still have at least one psycopath posing as a loyal fleet member who keeps putting holoemitters in the replication unit. I'm more lenient towards the casual players who might have only nanopolymer to donate to the advanced unit or miss a day logging in, but putting holoemitters in the replicator is active sabotage.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    +1 Would luv to see such a feature.

Only way to narrow it down now a little, is to check the daily targets, since a full donation of 700 starbase items results in 35 daily goal points(which of course doesn t mean that every player with 35+ daily targets got it from starbase donation) .
    But if a player shows 0 daily targets, its sure he hasn t donated to the starbase or contributed to any other daily fleet goals.

And yes, sadly there are players that really only log in to collect the chrons and honor from the fleet daily targets, without donating to the starbase at least(if theres no time to do missions or ship battles, which can happen cause of RL, but if u can log in to collect rewards, you can donate to the starbase, only takes like 10 seconds).
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Despite (or maybe because of) my requests, I still have at least one psycopath posing as a loyal fleet member who keeps putting holoemitters in the replication unit. I'm more lenient towards the casual players who might have only nanopolymer to donate to the advanced unit or miss a day logging in, but putting holoemitters in the replicator is active sabotage.

Had this happen too.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Despite (or maybe because of) my requests, I still have at least one psycopath posing as a loyal fleet member who keeps putting holoemitters in the replication unit. I'm more lenient towards the casual players who might have only nanopolymer to donate to the advanced unit or miss a day logging in, but putting holoemitters in the replicator is active sabotage.

Obviously a Changeling. I would turn them over to Section 31.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • edited November 2018
    +1 Would luv to see such a feature.

Only way to narrow it down now a little, is to check the daily targets, since a full donation of 700 starbase items results in 35 daily goal points(which of course doesn t mean that every player with 35+ daily targets got it from starbase donation) .
    But if a player shows 0 daily targets, its sure he hasn t donated to the starbase or contributed to any other daily fleet goals.

And yes, sadly there are players that really only log in to collect the chrons and honor from the fleet daily targets, without donating to the starbase at least(if theres no time to do missions or ship battles, which can happen cause of RL, but if u can log in to collect rewards, you can donate to the starbase, only takes like 10 seconds).

I spaced some folks who logged in every day but consistently had 0 daily targets and replaced them with active players. Our starbase donations went up quite a bit.
  • +1 Would luv to see such a feature.

How many Seconds for really "old" players. Lol @Zombie Squirrel
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I am glad this has been brought up.. I mentioned it in the main chat, but this seems a better place.

I really wish DB would tweak the ability to see donations, for Admirals at the very least, if not all officers. For all we know, people are using holoemitters for replications ,instead of donating them, because we are basically blind.
  • Honestly it's not that big a deal for them to write in a new view filter on the main window, accessable only to officers, that would show daily donations for all members.

The fact that they just haven't spent the day to put it in after the year+ of begging for it is just another example that they don't give a damn.

It would be easy, fundamentally useful, and seriously streamline things for players - but it won't sell dilithium. So screw it, another pipe dream we ALL share.
  • I agree completely with this request. It seems that tools for admirals to manage their fleets, mostly around fleet member statistics, has been needed for ages. If I can look back on all of my event scores, why, as an admiral, can't I look back on all of my fleet member data?
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • As a fleet admiral I can see how many daily missions my fleet mates do but I have no idea who contributes to the starbase and who does not. It would be helpful for fleet admirals to know since contributing to a starbase that all members benefit from is the main function of a fleet.

And Officials too! Admirals can't do all the work alone!
  • The ability to see who donates to the star base has been something we players have asked for ever since star bases were introduced into the game. Since this call goes yet unanswered still, one can only infer that DB just plain doesn't want to and doesn't care. It's a shame, too.... How can Admirals or even officers see who's helping the fleet, if we can only see who hits the daily targets and NOT who donates what amount to the star base? I wish they would help fix this.... it would be very much appreciated

• fleet admirals, and officers should be able to see who is donating and putting in to the fleet.
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • who keeps putting holoemitters in the replication unit... but putting holoemitters in the replicator is active sabotage.

I'm a fairly newbie player (have been playing about 2 months. I am not sure I understand this. Could you explain it?
    Now on Star Trek Timelines as Kathryn Crow's Eye.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    who keeps putting holoemitters in the replication unit... but putting holoemitters in the replicator is active sabotage.

I'm a fairly newbie player (have been playing about 2 months. I am not sure I understand this. Could you explain it?

Holoemitters are the rarest of the starbase componets and most rooms under construction are filled up except for holoemitters. They are the limiting factor in starbase advancement. While I would prefer that my captains put the holoemitters in the recommended room, I usually don't mind when they are in other rooms because the goal is to upgrade them all eventually (and I use it as in informal vote on which room to recommend next)

Replication units are different. These rooms exist as a solution for fleets that have maxxed out their starbase but still wish to collect daily rewards. They do not give permanent bonuses; they convert componets into replicator rations. The exchange rate is exactly the same as if they were placed in the replicator as fuel directly, only evenly distributed across the fleet. Any holoemitters placed there are lost. Perhaps the word "sabotage" is hyperbole, but that's how I feel when I see a couple hundred added to the room when there are so many better options. And I can forgive newbies but when I see that number increase despite my pleas I can't help but wonder if someone is doing it just to mess with me.
  • Thank you for that explanation. My fleet's starbase is far from maxxed out so I've been putting my starbase components into upgrading as per our fleet admiral's instructions. I didn't even know about the replication unit until you mentioned it - at the moment, we are focused on getting our industrial replicator upgraded.
    Now on Star Trek Timelines as Kathryn Crow's Eye.
  • Officers ought to be able to see too. It should not be left to the admiral to monitor. That’s why there is a Number One and a Comms Officer etc.
  • We took an active approach toward the holoemmiter problem at one point by asking all fleet mates to try to use Space Missions as much as possible for their dailies. I am not sure why they all fell back to their previous routines, or are just being lazy, but I have found many of the Space Missions reward the items/equipment you are trying to obtain better than the top "recommended" Away Mission in the list.

Of course, they remember during a Skirmish event, which is mildly frustrating, but again, we all have real lives too.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Ailasor wrote: »
    Officers ought to be able to see too. It should not be left to the admiral to monitor. That’s why there is a Number One and a Comms Officer etc.

Completely agree.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets