Home The Bridge

Daily tasks and VIP benefits

Do you think that higher VIP status should spare you from some daily activities like scans, number of missions, etc.

Daily tasks and VIP benefits 112 votes

Yes
25%
izausomeCaptainUnderpants[DDF] Marge Gunderson[QH] He-Who-MeowseXo | SilverRose (retired)[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerStygian[SJ] Admiral Aki[SSR]TrollhammerenHungry Dog DDM(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]AggeDraiken78Beratis Kesla Redjac[S47] ELiLJax2UFcmdrworfGhostStalker[10F] Belle'Anna Emmett K 29 votes
No
74%
Skizzy • VIP0 • §ë[RotP]Ran AirenPeachtree RexAviTrekSSR Barkleymilamber42Sabine of Athens[NDQ] Joker41NAMZombie Squirrel RocpileIvanstonescruffy151Jim RaynorJim SteeleCaptain QAuntieAIrial[10F] Fuzzy Moo[SSR] GTMETFinnbar 83 votes

Comments

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Why?
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Er, Im not sure what your getting at. Dalies reward for activity and I figure a VIP14 is pretty active. Far better would be to give people more replications, more crewslots and more dilithum, oh wait, they do that already.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Why?

Just to get rid of this tiresome game aspect of having to do 3 scans, etc. This is more targeted at DB to stimulate spending...
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    No
    sexy_lady wrote: »
    Why?

Just to get rid of this tiresome game aspect of having to do 3 scans, etc. This is more targeted at DB to stimulate spending...

You can't bother to log in 3 times a day? How do you finish your daily shuttles or start and recall voyages?
  • eXo | SilverRose (retired)eXo | SilverRose (retired) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    I have two VIP14 accounts. Sometimes it is hard to login and do all of the dailies on both of those plus my VIP0. If I got a daily present of 200 honor for not touching one of the VIP14s (like claim your monthly card, then press to claim honor and the rest of it goes away), it would take some pressure off when traveling or busy at work to try to manage both.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIP14 can freely ignore daily rewards because they are useless to them.
  • [GoT] LuckyNumberHat[GoT] LuckyNumberHat ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Do the rewards actually matter for a VIP14? Seems more on the compulsive side of requests.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would support warp for cadet missions, though -- once all critical nodes are cleared.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • No
    S31 wrote: »

They are NOT useless. You sound a little bitter?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are NOT useless. You sound a little bitter?

Why would be bitter, I am vip 7-8-9 idk and I don't really care if sometime I miss daily rewards because they aren't really useful to me.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

That’s not even remotely correct. I got to VIP14 the slow way, through monthly card purchases and the occasional splash when I really wanted a particular crew member. Until I stopped my torrid pace of power leveling crew, the credits were a necessity. Merit rewards from daily missions are small but add up over time and help with rare item purchases and merit rewards packs (and gauntlet refreshes, for those who use them). More chrons are always nice, especially for chron hoarders who can’t simply wait a few hours to stock up. And the honor reward is a must-have for anyone who isn’t a whale, unless you enjoy waiting months in between legendary citation purchases.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    There are enough paid benefits already, even too much to my taste, and I'm not a free player.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I say no, because I don't think it should be VIP-linked.

I think it should be to complete 10/11 of the tasks, and I've thought that since they introduced the voyage dilemma one. Which one is a pain depends on where you're at in the game. Sometimes I don't send out 7 shuttles a day on my f2p account. Sometimes I don't do 3 scans. Sometimes I don't do any away team missions on my whale account (thanks, skirmishes). Just depends.

I'd like an "any 10 tasks" thing. But, I'm not holding my breath, either, nor do I really expect it to happen or think it realistic.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s not even remotely correct. I got to VIP14 the slow way, through monthly card purchases and the occasional splash when I really wanted a particular crew member. Until I stopped my torrid pace of power leveling crew, the credits were a necessity. Merit rewards from daily missions are small but add up over time and help with rare item purchases and merit rewards packs (and gauntlet refreshes, for those who use them). More chrons are always nice, especially for chron hoarders who can’t simply wait a few hours to stock up. And the honor reward is a must-have for anyone who isn’t a whale, unless you enjoy waiting months in between legendary citation purchases.

Well that's OK from your perspective but from mine...

I always have about 3 million credits in my "bank".

I always have about 1700-2500 chronos because my voyages always hit 8 hour dilema mark and without events I don't really have anyone to spend that chronos for.

Merit rewards are fine but you earn massive amounts of it in Gauntlet and events.

And with 200 honor mark you need to play for 250 days for even one single legendary citstion
    Even with few portal pulls I can get more chronos and I always have that pulls from Gauntlet.
  • Frankly I don’t even worry about hitting all the dailies anymore. Since every single one of my 250 active crew are level 100 and fully equipped, there isn’t a whole lot to do.

When I get a new crew from an event, I freeze someone and then work on them for a day or so, and I will hit the dailies then. But once that’s done, I’m back in the same situation.

Since I’m not using credits to build items, I have over 10 million. Those few from the dailies are meaningless.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Well that's OK from your perspective but from mine...

I always have about 3 million credits in my "bank".

I always have about 1700-2500 chronos because my voyages always hit 8 hour dilema mark and without events I don't really have anyone to spend that chronos for.

Merit rewards are fine but you earn massive amounts of it in Gauntlet and events.

And with 200 honor mark you need to play for 250 days for even one single legendary citstion
    Even with few portal pulls I can get more chronos and I always have that pulls from Gauntlet.

I kept between 2.5 million and 3 million credits on hand while power leveling. Sometimes, with a lot of expensive legendary items I’d fall under 750,000...I would have been broke without daily credits.

Since I stopped power leveling, I spend chrons daily on farming missions. Some go to hard to get 3* and 4* components, some go to galaxy event components. I bother with supply kits less and less as time goes on, saving them for when I really need them.

200 honor a day by itself would indeed take that long...which only applies to people who don’t run voyages, aren’t in fleets, and buy no packs whatsoever or only use single basic packs. What it does is reduce the mean time between legendary citation purchases. Maybe not by much but it’s so easy to hit the daily missions there is rarely a reason to not do so and get the honor anyway.
  • Yes
    seriously if ya dropped more then 1k $ on this game you should get at least 200 honor free per day
  • Yes
    I have to echo Silver here and agree with her, the daily scans are annoying. I, and I imagine a lot of other people, sometimes don't have time to log in to the game till I get home late at night , now having to wait up 3 or more hours for the next scan+ad scan is irritating at best.
  • No
    Why stop there? Why not make it so that higher VIP means that you automatically get every crew ever created (and will be created) immortalized? And have them all tie for 1st place automatically in every event without them having to do anything. But then again, I think that DB should send unicorns to their houses with toilet paper on their horn so they can wipe themselves with special unicorn tp. :p

But seriously though, no, I don't think this should be a benefit. Mainly because after a few weeks of this they'll be bored with this feature and it will only lead to another poll asking "should higher VIP get this or that benefit". Granted I'm only VIP 12 (almost 13) but I don’t think this new proposed benefit would entice me to spend another $500 any quicker than I already would.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would support warp for cadet missions, though -- once all critical nodes are cleared.

Yes to this one please! I mean how many times can we do the same old cadet missions over and over again? why not be able to warp them, once you cant fail.
  • I would support warp for cadet missions, though -- once all critical nodes are cleared.

There is no good reason this hasn't been implemented yet.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

There is no good reason this hasn't been implemented yet.

Well "good" is subjective, but I would guess that their reasoning would have something to do with making sure you keep enough low-level crew around for them to be useful. There should be some rewards that should continue to be earned. And I stand by that.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell me more about this free Unicorn I should be expecting.
  • No
    Tell me more about this free Unicorn I should be expecting.

:D I figured you'd be the one to comment on that.

I'm fairly sure you get the sarcasm there but, just in case (and for anyone else), it's my way of expressing that changes to VIP benefits probably won't be happening at least not any time soon as it's been mentioned before with no success. With that said, DB has recently done some upgrading to other things that have been asked for numerous times before so who knows.

By the way, after giving it more thought, I'd rather see, for my personal play style, something along the lines of an honor increase for completing dailies at higher levels of VIP than being able to skip dailies or a portion of dailies...something along the lines of the crew slot increase. Maybe every few VIP levels the honor is increased by a multiplier.

And...

pxty5cbzyubv.jpg

Just for you @eXo | Frank ;)
  • No
    I've been slowly creeping towards vip 14. I'm at 13 now, which even that seems surreal to think how much cash I've dropped on a game with an unknown expiration date. The thing I wonder is why stop at 14? I feel bad for those who dinner big money early on as there seems to have been little expansion to what Vip levels are available. Why not go up to vip 25 and have 15 replicators daily? Or vip 30? Or vip 50? I thought vip levels gave positive rewards, not negative rewards as the op suggests.

As it has been discussed thoroughly in other threads, part of this game is time management. Does that not apply to daily goals as well?
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • No
    A free unicorn for VIP 14s' , Oh man ;)
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait....
    I'm all for this free unicorn gimmick, but, where do I house it? What do I feed it? Will that be provided or is that only to VIP15 customers?
  • Yes
    Wait....
    I'm all for this free unicorn gimmick, but, where do I house it? What do I feed it? Will that be provided or is that only to VIP15 customers?

Seriously? You feed it Wesley Crusher. But only the one in the rainbow shirt. Obviously.
    c5hoxulj3q3f.png