Home The Bridge

Has the timing for posting next week's event details changed?

I'm not trying to complain about the timing, but this seems to be consistently posted after 12:00pm eastern time. The last I had seen, that was the target time. Has this changed, @Shan ? Just wondering so I can stop refreshing my browser if I'm looking too early.

Comments

• <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not trying to complain about the timing, but this seems to be consistently posted after 12:00pm eastern time. The last I had seen, that was the target time. Has this changed, @Shan ? Just wondering so I can stop refreshing my browser if I'm looking too early.

I'm right here with you refreshing the page if it helps. :)
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re not the only one who’s been refreshing for 2 hours.
  • Guilty as charged. Same here.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they realised the whole earn a character for next week wasn't working out and are working to go back to the old system. So theres been a delay in releasing next week's event/reward crew
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not alone in hitting the refresh button again . . . and again . . . and again . . .
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'll be that guy - does the event info time change this weekend with daylight savings time? :D
  • They already said it'd be an hour longer ...
  • Maybe they all have The Really Contagious Cold That Won't Go Away and are napping right now
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Maybe they realised the whole earn a character for next week wasn't working out and are working to go back to the old system. So theres been a delay in releasing next week's event/reward crew

I would love it if that were the case, but somehow I doubt it. :(
    das411 wrote: »
    i'll be that guy - does the event info time change this weekend with daylight savings time? :D

Nice try. :p but it's a little extra late for that, isn't it?
  • [GoT] Terfin[GoT] Terfin ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I suspect that having to know next week's 5* crew in advance is causing them problems. It basically means they must have most of the details sketched out a week earlier than before, which requires a lot more organization than they're used to. I'm not sure it will ever go back to what used to happen, but it might.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
    Chief Intelligence Officer
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    I think Shan maybe off.

Come on @JazzRiker
    I just noticed @Shan hasn't been on in 2 days. That does not fill me with confidence.
  • I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one checking... Feel it's starting to become a compulsion.
  • das411 wrote: »

I was about to propose something like this...
  • They just announced the death of their other game March to War so that either means that there will be more people freed up to work on this game or we're looking at even more layoffs.
  • They also said that they are working on a new game on a new IP(for them)
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just announced the death of their other game March to War so that either means that there will be more people freed up to work on this game or we're looking at even more layoffs.

Wow. So two of their three games are ending in January, and Star Trek is the only one left?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • F5... F5....
    You know how some colleges or universities have a policy where if the professor is 15 minutes late, you can just leave?

I think we need a policy for events. If it's more than 2.5 hours late, let's just not have an event this week...
    I like this idea.
  • Some consistency would be nice. I come on often just to prepare for the coming week.
  • Maybe Shan out sick?
  • das411 wrote: »

I was about to propose something like this...
  • Yeah, I have been checking in from time to time too.... and it not like quality control has to check it out first before they release it :P
  • ST_DreadnoughtST_Dreadnought ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Agreed I'm checking every 10min for the last 3 hrs.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    probably won't happen until monday now
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
    probably won't happen until monday now

Let's burn this mother down.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we're finally taking a week off from events