Home The Bridge

"Rabid Fans" mission not doable.

earthman34earthman34 ✭✭
edited November 2018 in The Bridge
"Rabid Fans is part of Distress Calls/Celestial Temple. There is a lock on a node with a Security requirement for "Investigator". The only character I have with "Investigator" and reasonably high Security is three-star Odo, he's 586 with my bonuses, and a proficiency roll of 28-89 with a 188 bonus for Investigator. While he does the mission, on Epic difficulty, there is no way to get the reward, because it's mathematically impossible to reach the required number. Bug or intentional?

Comments

• [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Rabid_Fans

As of 2017-09-11, only three characters may complete the node 2.C: Detective Data, Doctor La Forge and Tommy Gun Dixon.

There may be more since then, as well as starbase bonuses
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it with Detdctive Data. I believe Dixon Hill can also do it
  • AcerAcer ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I was finally able to do it with one of the Dixon Hills, I think the Tommy Gun one. And it was one the last 10 missions that I completed.
  • I've been playing this game for years. I have hundreds of characters immortalized, and many more working their way up...yet apparently none of which can do this stupid mission. Just how many years am I expected to play to complete it, and how much money am I expected to spend? As far as I'm concerned, it IS a bug...or really bad design.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did that node with Detective Data.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides stuff mentioned above, Romulan Picard should do it easily at 1/5 if you got him from his event. Might need a good roll, but Security Chief Tuvok (3/3) might be an option as well. A good starbase bonus will help with some of the cards on the margin as well.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure I also got it with Tommy Gun Dixon. But it was definitely one of the later nodes to crit for me.
    robownage wrote: »
    But it was definitely one of the later nodes to crit for me.

It's certainly a trickier one for a lot of folks. Thankfully most/all of the cards that can do it have been available from events (& are older so the 4's can drop from voyages) and aren't "pack only" toons.

• Besides stuff mentioned above, Romulan Picard should do it easily at 1/5 if you got him from his event. Might need a good roll, but Security Chief Tuvok (3/3) might be an option as well. A good starbase bonus will help with some of the cards on the margin as well.

Tuvok can not pull it off mathematically, based on what I see when I try, just no way. Romulan Picard I do not know, as I don't have that character.
    Security Chief Tuvok
    530-646 + 188 / max 834 (plus starbase bonuses)

Of course I don't recall what is needed above the 712 to star the node...
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe I got it with Tommy Gun.

Personally, the "Serious Business" one is one of three I'm still missing. I just don't have a security pilot high enough to crit it, though I can pass every time.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I passed it with Doctor La Forge, but I could have sworn there are more than 3 now who can do it.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I think I passed it with Doctor La Forge, but I could have sworn there are more than 3 now who can do it.

There have been a few investigators added recently but not many are sec primary I think Romulan Picard is the only addition and he’s secondary.

OP I recently completed this with my tommy gun Dixon 3/4 FE but I may have had help with starbase/collections bonuses
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Security Chief Tuvok
    530-646 + 188 / max 834 (plus starbase bonuses)

Of course I don't recall what is needed above the 712 to star the node...

I tried it, even with bonuses it's not close, I'm guessing well over 900.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, the "Serious Business" one is one of three I'm still missing. I just don't have a security pilot high enough to crit it, though I can pass every time.

Rabid Fans was easy enough with Tommy Gun Dixon but I also had trouble on Serious Business. My 1/5* FE Ushaan Archer ended up being able to pull it off...good thing, too, because neither Fencing Sulu nor RAF O’Brien could hack it and my other pilots with SEC got worse from there on.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

Rabid Fans was easy enough with Tommy Gun Dixon but I also had trouble on Serious Business. My 1/5* FE Ushaan Archer ended up being able to pull it off...good thing, too, because neither Fencing Sulu nor RAF O’Brien could hack it and my other pilots with SEC got worse from there on.

Yeah this is one I’m stuck on I need to add stars to anbo jyutsu riker I think he is the only purple that can do that one
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    As above, I did "serious business" with Lt Ash Tyler 829 +(165–342), he managed it quite comfortably on the first go.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    3/4 Tommy gun Dixon for me. Tried to do it with Immortal Dixon Hill, couldn't get there.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266

I did that one with Mirror Archer

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

He would surely work on Normal and maybe Elite but not Epic. Epic requires a 4/5* Aviator Yar, a 1/5* Ushaan Archer, an FF EV Suit Archer, maybe a 1/5* Joachim, an FF Lt. Ash Tyler, maybe an FF Anbo-jyutsu Riker, or an FF Undercover Sulu.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, you think that it's a bug because your 3* crew can't crit the node.

Hey, we were all n00bs once.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also want to point out that I'm VIP0 (i.e. never spent any money on the game) and I have 3-starred every single mission in game. And I am nowhere near the only one to have done so.

So not a bug, no money needed. Just patience and persistence.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • garnergarner ✭✭✭
    Exactly, patience, there are a couple of really challenging nodes, this one, Serious Business, and also some struggle with the Ferengi dip one and the Changeling cmd one.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    earthman34 wrote: »
    I've been playing this game for years. I have hundreds of characters immortalized, and many more working their way up...yet apparently none of which can do this stupid mission. Just how many years am I expected to play to complete it, and how much money am I expected to spend? As far as I'm concerned, it IS a bug...or really bad design.

You've been playing for years, but haven't gotten Tommy Gun Dixon yet? He's been around for a long time, and he's been dropping from the portal/voyages for a long time too. So...?

Took me a long time to clear the original-episodes node that only Detective Data could do (and maybe a couple others I didn't have either). Once I got that version of Data (from a free behold, no cash), it was easy-peasy. So, bug or intentional? Answer - Intentional.

It's not like your ability to play the game is limited by whether or not you clear the distress call anytime soon. Just relax. And stop airlocking Tommy Gun.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

He would surely work on Normal and maybe Elite but not Epic. Epic requires a 4/5* Aviator Yar, a 1/5* Ushaan Archer, an FF EV Suit Archer, maybe a 1/5* Joachim, an FF Lt. Ash Tyler, maybe an FF Anbo-jyutsu Riker, or an FF Undercover Sulu.

I remember it very clearly and was surprised myself but I did get that one with Mirror Archer. He was the only security pilot I had at the time. Plus Ushaan Shran doesn’t even have the pilot trait.

My mistake. Just saw you said Ushaan Archer
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a pain point but not a bug or something completely unobtainable.

If you've been around that long, you remember the early days of the game, before all the re-balances, where the highest difficulty missions on EP6 and Distress Calls required a 5/5 Drunk Troi Immortalized just to pass with the Empath bonus. That was decidedly evil. This is just a small inconvenience until your voyages return Tommy Gun.