Home The Bridge

Cursed gauntlet crew?

Have you ever run certain crew in the gauntlet and just felt that they're cursed. Like even when that specific crew member would reasonably beat the crew member you put it up against or even when your cursed crew member has a bonus, it just seems to lose more than it ever wins? I think many of us probably think this in the back of our minds for some of the crew we have.

Note: this thread isn't for conspiracy theories against DB, it's just for fun and commiserating about crew that just seem like ne'er-do-wells.

For me, I never seem to have luck with Minuet, Resistance Damar, or Gladiator McCoy.
They've won a few gauntlet rounds for me, but it always seems as if they lose way more often than they win, and that's even when they have 25-45% bonuses.

What are your cursed crew?
Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYYEEESSS!!!! Nachayev is cursed. So often she is one and done
  • LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    Whenever Guinan goes up against locutus, the Borg always seem to lose.
  • Ljofa wrote: »

It’s because Guinan is all-powerful ;)
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • My Admiral Kirk is good against klingons (even stronger... Kirk is cheating)... but (practically) never harms Sarek. :)
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antaak. Mine is completely useless. Doesn't matter the skills or crit percentage. He will lose. Repeatedly.
  • Haha for me it's just certain gauntlets. I either do well or I can't win. I've had about 6 streaks in the latest one and can't wait for it to be over.

Generally though, I don't use Mirror Picard. He's either up against Mirror Picard (and loses) or he doesn't get used. Stats are good but totally pointless running him.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sailboat Crusher is cursed. I should be slapped for ever using her, sometimes I get tempted by a 45%, and spend the rest of that gauntlet banging my forehead on the "stupid" sign in my garage.
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benny Hill (Russell) has almost identical stats to Locutus, but never stands a chance.
    Admiral Riker on the other hand can do no wrong.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    Benny Hill (Russell) has almost identical stats to Locutus, but never stands a chance.
    Admiral Riker on the other hand can do no wrong.

Benny Hill should do well by the numbers, but never does.
    Haha for me it's just certain gauntlets. I either do well or I can't win. I've had about 6 streaks in the latest one and can't wait for it to be over.

Generally though, I don't use Mirror Picard. He's either up against Mirror Picard (and loses) or he doesn't get used. Stats are good but totally pointless running him.

My Gun Show Picard is almost always on my team, but he is very fickle. He has too wide a range to be predictable.
    Antaak. Mine is completely useless. Doesn't matter the skills or crit percentage. He will lose. Repeatedly.

Amen. I loved my Doc Crusher, but Nurse what's-her-name makes her no longer useful. I use the nurse half the time and Phlox the other half.

Chancellor Gowron looks like he should be amazing, but he never delivers for me.
  • Ljofa wrote: »

It’s because Guinan is all-powerful ;)

Mine sure isn't - I've had her lose matches in her 65% crit gauntlet because she didn't even crit once. Every time I use her she loses, so I don't bother anymore. I'm pretty sure she knows I don't like her and she's being spiteful. Definitely cursed for me.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nachayev was my cursed crew until I stopped using her. Her range is so large that inevitably she rolls low and loses.
  • Uh...entire gauntlet is cursed, period.
  • Have you ever run certain crew in the gauntlet and just felt that they're cursed. Like even when that specific crew member would reasonably beat the crew member you put it up against or even when your cursed crew member has a bonus, it just seems to lose more than it ever wins? I think many of us probably think this in the back of our minds for some of the crew we have.

Note: this thread isn't for conspiracy theories against DB, it's just for fun and commiserating about crew that just seem like ne'er-do-wells.

For me, I never seem to have luck with Minuet, Resistance Damar, or Gladiator McCoy.
    They've won a few gauntlet rounds for me, but it always seems as if they lose way more often than they win, and that's even when they have 25-45% bonuses.

What are your cursed crew?

I have never won against Resistance Damar!
    Have good luck with Gladiator McCoy and Minuet!

It is RNGesus!
  • edited November 2018
    I had issues with sailing crusher and antaak never delivering and almost always Surak takes out whatever you throw at him except Locutus and I have had Locustus enhanced (which makes him Picard advanced advanced) beaten by5% Surak something like 3330 to 3368!

Very often 1% difference!
    Thanks

And Blade La Forge is opponent I now avoid after some defeats which makes one tear the hair out.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defiant Commander Worf has been the bane of my Gauntlet existence since day one. He hasn’t been much use for many months, of course, but in the early days he would beat my Mirror Kirk or T’Kuvma pretty much every single time in a COM/SEC battle regardless of critical chance percentages. I did face him once a few weeks ago with probably Mirror Picard in a COM/SEC battle...and still lost. Never again!
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    My curse is Mirror Picard. I don't have him and 9 out of 10 gauntlets he has 45% crit rate.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    My curse is Mirror Picard. I don't have him and 9 out of 10 gauntlets he has 45% crit rate.

That's not the topic of how I meant cursed crew. Cursed crew are crew you have which do terrible in gauntlet despite having the range or bonuses to do well, yet they never seem to.
    For you Mirror Picard isn't so much a curse as he is a bane.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    I know, I was just looking for the most recent thread on gauntlet to complain about him!

Actually, my Chancellor Gowron seems a bit cursed. He loses a lot of "sure wins".
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    I know, I was just looking for the most recent thread on gauntlet to complain about him!

Actually, my Chancellor Gowron seems a bit cursed. He loses a lot of "sure wins".

Mine tends to fare pretty well compared to yours then.
  • It pained me to give up on him, but General Chang established himself as so consistently useless that I remember in one early Gauntlet, I actually came to the old forum and asked whether there was a bug with his traits because despite a 45% crit chance, mine had failed to have a single crit after more than a day. Even in other Gauntlets where he did land some critical hits, he still won so seldom that I gave up on him.

(Yes, I'm aware he's not a Gauntlet power house today, but at the time he was still worth bringing, and I based my dismay off the calculated chances of success from the Gauntlet tool app whose name I've forgotten.)

These days, I still take Surak, but largely as a defensive measure since mine so consistently loses.
  • I keep taking Age of Sail Crusher into gauntlets, and she keeps failing me. It feels like an unhealthy relationship.

She keeps this up, and I might just push her off a boat.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will apologize if this is out of order but I've most noticed the opposite, namely that Teabag Janeway seems to win far more fights than she has any business winning based on the stated crit chances and proficiency scores.
  • Not trying to spin the conspiracy, but at certain times of the day, my gauntlet battles are nearly all unwinable, but ONLY those times of day. Any other time, the same battles are easily won.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Not trying to spin the conspiracy, but at certain times of the day, my gauntlet battles are nearly all unwinable, but ONLY those times of day. Any other time, the same battles are easily won.

I have had streaks like this where I will lose (by a large margin) 5 highly favourable battles in a row to wipe out my crew but never paid attention to time of day. So in my case, the whole crew needs the airlock because they obviously don't like my leadership style. 🤗
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely agree with you Gaghgagh on Gladiator McCoy. He is very much cursed for me too.

ByloBand wrote: »
    I will apologize if this is out of order but I've most noticed the opposite, namely that Teabag Janeway seems to win far more fights than she has any business winning based on the stated crit chances and proficiency scores.

Who is teabag Janeway?
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Not so much cursed, but I am very unlucky vs Surak I think.

As for the opposite, I've had so many lucky wins with Valeris, she is just too awesome.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one rule: Surak will ALWAYS beat me. Even if I'm playing an equally boosted Surak.