Home The Bridge

In your opinion, which recent DB screwup is worse?

Just out of curiosity, which of these two recent foul-ups from DB are worse in your opinion.

In your opinion, which recent DB screwup is worse? 119 votes

Yargate - Polywater Yar having stats nerfed shortly after we won/bought her
43%
ADM Fletcher [ET]uss_bonaventure[RotP]Ran AirenCaptain_Who[QH] He-Who-MeowsJim RaynorLady GaghgaghHaBlackCpt. CavemanAHSOG2littlestoatieAntasil[10F] Fuzzy Moo[SSR] GTMETLarxeneBrunt, FCA[Deleted User]FutureImperfectakvafyPaladin 27 52 votes
The Captain's Oaf - The compounded issue of the event bonus and the compensation lottery.
36%
sorinev[NDQ] Joker41NAMRocpileMcCaptainface[TUFG] SiguardAlthea BiermontNS111111[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerCaptain Qbarrydancer[SJ] Admiral Aki[SSR]Trollhammeren·§ë· For the ManyRennJaxo(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]SvenLundgrenguest_796746481635328SMMDraiken78[S47] ELiL 43 votes
Other - Please specify
20%
Skizzy • VIP0 • §ëPeachtree RexAviTrek[ISA] RavenSSR BarkleyCaptain DurfRoadrunner {SG-66}Zombie Squirrel guest_7456[TFA] Commodore Wizzlestix[QH] OxmyxeXo | SilverRose (retired)Jim SteeleHungry Dog DDMDittoOdo MarmarosaFrank?Matt_Decker[Deleted User]Shy Khan 24 votes

Comments

• edited November 2018
    Other - Please specify
    I'm still seething from the Mirror Bev issue. And the Portal bug. These latest screwups are just par for the course. I can shrug at them.

I know that JazzRiker has recently dropped the "DealWithIt" part of his name but he summed up DB's attitude for me - once you realise they're not interested in pleasing their customer base and you stop paying them for the pain, the game becomes much more zen
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    For me it's Yargate altering and changing the characterstics of a card has been the worst call IMHO, Picardgate wasn't an issue for me I didn't have the honor to cite him up, however resolutions were found to both and were dealt with amicably/eventually for most, but the difference between the two is the uselessness of Yar remains.

Captains Oath was a series of blunders however there are a lot more compound issues here brought about by the changes of the reward structure any screw up has the potential to affect 3 events and more as it sets off a series of chain reactions and nullifies the previous event. That being said I have been happy with DBs attempt to resolve the Issue despite the execution being poor.

Hopefully the FF Data issues will be solved soon then it just leaves the disparity of some receiving Data when they shouldn't have, can this be solved by ensuring all participants have a Data - possibly but it just increases the competitiveness for this coming event and then requires extra compensation for ranks 1-1500.

They are in a rock and a hard place, but I will say this if you are in a restaurant and a serving error landed you a bottle of Bollinger does that mean every customer deserves to have a bottle of Bollinger for the error. Some good things happen to others but your turn will no doubt come somewhere down the line (or perhaps has already happened, say a caretaker dropping when others still have none) how do you quantify what is deserving and what isn't?

TLDR read robownage's summary because it's shorter!
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yargate was a full-on bait and switch that took weeks to address. That was worse than Bevgate/Picardgate, where DB at least tried to make things better, couldn’t stop stepping in it while trying to do so, and got stubborn about it after the fact.

This time it was a comedy of errors that was addressed thoughtfully and quickly - the only thing that has me concerned thus far is how SilverRose and others have been treated by CS. If DB can get their house in order on the CS side of things, which is possibly a big “if,” this would go down as one of the least annoying errors to date. I also love the name you’ve come up with. :smile:
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yar was worse for sure, but I mean let's have some learning from our mistakes at SOME POINT here, because this one was bad too
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please specify
    promised event lengths being shortened ... Miror Bev event and Alpha and Omega
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please specify
    I'm actually worried more about choking on popcorn while laughing so hard
  • Other - Please specify
    For me it was when they changed how expédition worked (critical hit automatically cleared the star) and announced it the day of the event. I already bought the 100$ offer for nothing the night before (assimilated Janeway)
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please specify
    Musketeer La Forge, hands down.
    Yes, it's been a year, but that is a personal one to my household.
  • Other - Please specify
    The artwork for 23rd century Martok

I mean, DB has soooooo many gaffes. I don't think we can reasonably compare them *coughMirrorPicardcough*
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please specify
    Musketeer La Forge, hands down.
    Yes, it's been a year, but that is a personal one to my household.
    I'm with Frank. I must have bought 10 packs and I only got one copy of him from CS. A fleet-mate got 5 of him for just buying one pack.

When I took it with CS their answer was to go swivel. He's still sat in my roster 1/5* to remind me how much CS blow!

DB: Do Better
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The continued cover-up of the AND bug. These other bugs are just par for the course of DB incompetence. The AND bug is DB intentionally hiding the truth from its customers.

Don't forget that we've also shown the OR boosts are bugged as well and performing inconsistently....

I would have chosen the AND/OR bugs but the yargate thing was freaking intentional.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Other - Please specify
    I'm still seething from the Mirror Bev issue. And the Portal bug. These latest screwups are just par for the course. I can shrug at them.

I know that JazzRiker has recently dropped the "DealWithIt" part of his name but he summed up DB's attitude for me - once you realise they're not interested in pleasing their customer base and you stop paying them for the pain, the game becomes much more zen

The Christmas Massacre -- also known as the Mirror Bev issue -- is still a sore point with me as well. I spent $50 on that event (which is something I had only done once before, and which I've never done again). It was a Christmas present to myself. And then I was sabotaged halfway through the event by a sudden change in the schedule and mid-event mass "compensation" for that schedule change that made the problem worse, not better, for me. I was never compensated, despite many rounds with CS. If that had turned out well, instead of badly, it's likely DB would have more of my money today.

By comparison, I also agree these latest screw-ups are par for the course. I also think DB seems to be doing a better job of providing compensation than they did in the past.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Other - Please specify
    No one is talking about Quadrilateral Prime Directive? How they all forget...
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please specify
    Aspect ratio on announcement window images.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Other - Please specify
    I have to go with "Other". This last event provided the most at once but it just keeps rolling and rolling, backwards, down hill and towards pier with no brakes it seems.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please specify
    The biggest screw up: firing a huge chunk of their staff
    I'm sure they didn't want to, but it was either that or fold. One doesn't like to speculate on the reason for the over stretching themselves but probably something to do with not making enough revenue on their other titles.

As their eggs are all in one basket so to speak with timelines, I really wish they would "do better".

DB: Do Better
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yargate but I got compensated fairly even though it took time.

Mirror Bev would be a close second because they ended the event a day early and STILL have never owned up to it or given compensation to all those affected. Y’all know I go hard for Bev, but the event being literally right at those days of Christmas already had me unable to play as much as I needed to get her, but then the event ended right when I thought I could use that final day to catch up.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Yargate - Polywater Yar having stats nerfed shortly after we won/bought her
    Yar.
    It was completely avoidable, non accident.
    Many of the others were oppsy's , bugs and blunders but Yar was a deliberate choice.

I can accept accidents, especially when they attempt to make it right line this past week. Yar is inexcusable, deliberate choice.
  • Other - Please specify
    I had barely gotten over the whole Polywater Yar fiasco when this garbage with Silva becoming useless after I FF her happened. I honestly cannot decide which is making me angrier.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Polygate Yar. That was intentional deceit and long term horrible horrible resolution from DB. It really shouldn't be forgotten.

This one was just incompetence followed up by greed and ill-thought out resolutions.